50% off ticket for disabled and companion?

Charleyann

<font color=purple>Someone spilled the beans<br><f
Was talking with Seaworld today about purchasing Seaworld and Busch Garden combo ticket. A while back I was told the disabled person pays full ticket price and companion/ attendent pay just half price. Seaworld today told me that both get 50% off. Does anyone know for sure? I was planning on purchasing the full ticket online for $89 and because you can't get half price tickets online, I was going to purchase at the gate...

I hate conflicting truths.....

Many Thanks

Charleyann

There used to be something about it on their website, but I can't find it now. They also don't have a search feature anymore, so I can't search for it.
I'd suggest maybe purchasing both tickets there rather than one there and one online. I know in the past, they only allowed the special price for people with disabilities to be purchased once you were at the park.
I also remember reading that the intent of the special price was to give a 'break' in the price to people who waould not be able to experience many of the attractions.

I'm also not sure if this applies to all disabilities or, as Sue mentioned, to those guests whose disability would prevent them from participating in most of the attractions, such as a guest who cannot transfer from a w/c. ---Kathy

They ask me what my son's condition was. They told me because he has life-threatening and fatal illness he would be under this 50% off because he could not do the parks without an attendent....

Hope they know what they are talking about.

Charleyann

They ask me what my son's condition was. They told me because he has life-threatening and fatal illness he would be under this 50% off because he could not do the parks without an attendent....

Hope they know what they are talking about.

Charleyann
That is consistent with what other people have posted in the past.

In case anyone wonders -
Since they are giving something of value that is not avaiolable to the general public (i.e. a large discount), they are allowed to ask questions including what the disabling condition is and for proof. That is allowed under the ADA under those kind of situations; an example of doing this is the program that allows people with disabilities to get a card that allows them to enter Federal parks for free.

That is consistent with what other people have posted in the past.

In case anyone wonders -
Since they are giving something of value that is not avaiolable to the general public (i.e. a large discount), they are allowed to ask questions including what the disabling condition is and for proof. That is allowed under the ADA under those kind of situations; an example of doing this is the program that allows people with disabilities to get a card that allows them to enter Federal parks for free.

I never even knew that disabled children could get into Federal parks for free.
Would the disabled child have to be officially registered disabled?
What kind of parks are Federal parks?
Excuse the questions, we are slowly learning the American way after immigrating here from the UK 9 years ago.
Now in England I would be able to find my way around all of the different departments involved, but over here I am up the creek with no paddle.

I would suggest going to the official National Parks site at www.nps.gov.

And note that the US is very unusual in that the Ministry (Department) of the Interior deals with Parks and not Intelligence/Survailance.

I never even knew that disabled children could get into Federal parks for free.
Would the disabled child have to be officially registered disabled?
What kind of parks are Federal parks?
http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm
Approved volunteers, disabled people, and children under 16 get in for free at the National Parks in the USA. A disabled person under 16 should get the pass though as it gives the child's caregiver free entry and also get some discounts. Not all parks have an entry fee.

San Diego Wild Animal Park and the San Diego Zoo offer free admission to the companion of a disabled person. Mom was obviously handicapped but they could have demanded proof.

Historical figures such as Clara Barton, US Presidents, Booker T. Washington, abolitionists, freedom fighters, and Thomas Edison. It is a wide variety of things including the great outdoors, history, landmarks, and special places. The site they posted has many links to the history of America. I am a wee bit tired or I could spend hours talking about the Parks System.

http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm
Approved volunteers, disabled people, and children under 16 get in for free at the National Parks in the USA. A disabled person under 16 should get the pass though as it gives the child's caregiver free entry and also get some discounts. Not all parks have an entry fee.

San Diego Wild Animal Park and the San Diego Zoo offer free admission to the companion of a disabled person. Mom was obviously handicapped but they could have demanded proof.

Historical figures such as Clara Barton, US Presidents, Booker T. Washington, abolitionists, freedom fighters, and Thomas Edison. It is a wide variety of things including the great outdoors, history, landmarks, and special places. The site they posted has many links to the history of America. I am a wee bit tired or I could spend hours talking about the Parks System.

Unfortunately we live in a part of Ohio that is at least 90 miles away from the seemingly only four National parks.
I may be missing something somewhere but it looks as if to take advantage of a special access pass we would have to spend almost all morning getting to any one of them.

Thanks all of you for the info, I will keep it in mind as it could come into its own some day.

Mandy

http://www.nps.gov/state/ny/
I am 37 miles from the nearest park to me. The site is a great planning tool for trips. How about those sites in New York? There is the the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and Governors Island among others.

http://www.nps.gov/state/fl
In Florida there is Cape Canaveral, Biscayne, and the Everglades. A nice addition to a WDW trip.

I drive about 100 miles to get to SeaWorld but am not sure if I would drive that far to see a museum, sigh. Glad to help.

Thanks for posting this info. My daughter has spina bifida(by the grace of God, He has Healed her!!) and I didn't know that there was that site out there. We'll have to get her a pass! Thanks again!

Check into your state parks too, my dd has a NYS access Pass that entitles her to entry into our state parks for free.... it also includes reimbursement for camping at our state parks. :)

I can verify the info about the 50% discount for Seaworld as we had this on our last trip, however my impression was that it was only for a single day ticket bought at the gate (which you could upgrade with the second day free offer they had running at the time) and not on the combo tickets. The discount is for both the disabled person and a carer, we were not asked any questions but DS is a wheelchair user and DH walks with a stick and pronounced limp so perhaps they didn't need to ask.

i have an anual pass to sea world san diego i have a handicapped logo on mine if i were to purchase a ticket i get 1 person in for free to assist me
dont know about FLA but im sure it works the same i would say disabled person free and attendant free
cari and Denver

i have an anual pass to sea world san diego i have a handicapped logo on mine if i were to purchase a ticket i get 1 person in for free to assist me
dont know about FLA but im sure it works the same i would say disabled person free and attendant free
cari and Denver

We would love to do Baush Gardens too. With the combo ticket transportation ois free to BG. Can't see why we couldn't purchase the combo ticket because we would still be paying half price?

Charleyann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter