5 years

Dian-er

Mouseketeer
5 years ago on April 28, 2008, I lost Bob. He was my soul mate & best friend. Sometimes it feels like it was only yesterday & sometimes it feels like eons ago. Losing him left a hole in my heart & big gaping one in my life. I still have moments of tears, they come out of nowhere so I left myself cry a little & then let it go. I'm able to smile & laugh over the memories we made together. He was a very special man & touched many lives while he was with us (short though it was). Miss him every day. I have, however, learned to continue living, being productive, & having new experiences.

Keeping you in our thoughts today. Although we never had the pleasure of meeting Bob in person, it was like losing a good friend.

There are so many people who were touched by Bob. He might never have known their names, or have seen their faces, but he touched our lives in a very profound way. We miss him still. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. It gets better, but it never gets easier.

I started listening to the podcast (from the beginning) about three years ago, having never been on the boards. When I got to the day Pete announced Bob's passing, I was so shocked and just cried and cried. I know you must have heard this a million times over the past five years Diana but I felt like I knew him, he made me laugh SO HARD, and I just loved him. I'm so sorry for your loss, and thank you for posting today so I can let you know to add me to the list of strangers who loved your husband! :)

I had been only listening to the podcast for less than a month when Bob passed -I have to say, that was some of the most fun I've ever had with someone I'd never met. Thank you for letting us know it's been 5-years.

Thank you for sharing a little bit of him with us. I loved his whit. I never knew what he was going to say next on the podcast. :hug:

I can't believe it has been five years since I saw the so very sad, shocking, and heart-wrenching post from Pete on these Disboards about the tragic news about your husband, "Dianer." I cried for you, your children, and all of those who grieved then, and I also cried again today. Of course, I never met him but was so touched by his sincere devotion to Disney and his intent to inform us of as many Disney details as he possibly could. I don't think any of us dissers will ever get over losing "Bawb" but I also dont think I will ever stop smiling when I think of his many Bawbisms. One of my favorites was his counting the number of steps it took to get from the Magic Kingdom buses to the front gate for us. Awww, God bless you! :littleangel:

Wow, 5 years, can't believe it. I remember hearing the announcement and it was like I lost a friend.

Couple of months later I found that public access show he did and that was perhaps the best show I had ever seen. It was great.

Though all the memories are so wonderful, they can also make the loss that much more profound. Wishing you peace of spirit today and always.

Sending :grouphug:

I had been listening to the podcast for a year or more at that time but had never met any of them in person. Val & I scheduled a trip to Orlando to coincide with what was planned to be a live podcast recording and mini-meet that year. Sadly, it wound up being a memorial service so we never got to meet Bawb in person. Still we feel we knew him just from all the podcasts we listened to. We really enjoyed his part in the whole podcast ensemble and had no doubt the was a genuine sole.

Not only that but he was the only one that didn't have an accent. :listen:

I had Bob on my mind throughout this past weekend and especially yesterday. The success of the NJ DIS Meet Weekend reaffirmed how special of a place The DIS is and Bob played a role I'm that. I know he was looking down on us and smiling. Here's to Bob and you, Diana, for being a part of our DIS family.

Thank you all for your kind words & memories. Bob was a special man & he loved what he did. He was aware, long before the rest of the podcast team, of the impact they were making. He loved it when Disers would come up to him in the parks to talk to him. Many of you were shy, but I'd watch him put you at ease & soon you;d be chatting like old friends. Live is different without him, but I'm good. I'm sorry I didn't make it to the NJ meet. I'm going to be there next weekend for grandosn, Mason's, First Communion.

I was thinking of Bob yesterday, a very special man that I never had the pleasure of meeting, but still had an influence on my life. Not like he did to his friends and family of course, but he did. I can't tell you how often I say "They can't hit ya." I try things now I probably never would have keeping that simple sentence in my mind. Bob loved Flower and Garden like I do. I have one of his pictures from Flower and Garden as my desktop background. I had set his picture as my background the day before he died...it's still my background today, a small tribute to an amazing person we lost much too soon.

Dian-er:

Bob is definitely missed, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Tell Brian that Darren from Baird says hi.

Darren

Dian-er, thank you for sharing your husband with strangers for so many years! He had a great sense of humor and an obvious kindness that I enjoyed. My best to you and your family :)

It is hard to believe it has been that long, as I vividly remember my shock when I logged in to see Pete's post. DD and I had been active listeners of the PodCast for quite a while at that point. Her favorite Bawb episode was the dole whip container episode!

Dian-er, we are so glad that we were able to virtually meet Bawb. His humor and sincere devotion to what he was doing is truly missed. Of course, nothing like the loss you and your family have experienced, but I hope it brings comfort to know how much he meant to so many of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter