5 people, possibly 6....what would be our best option?

phorsenuf

Not so New Rule author
I am thinking about putting together an affordable trip for Feb. There will definately be 5 of us, maybe 6. With 5 I would do POR, although I would like to try a new resort. We have already done Ft. Wilderness (kids weren't very thrilled with it, but that was a looooong time ago!), ASMO, ASMU and POR. What would be other options besides value? I know I could always get 2 rooms there but I was wondering if other hotels have accomodations I'm not aware of. DTD hotels could work too.
What can you experts advise????
I was thinking too about renting points, but I think the costs would be too high.
Thanks!

I guess you could rent points, but you would probably need a two-bedroom unit I would think. And that would add up, pointwise. The one bedroom would hold 5 of you, with a king sized bed and double fold out sofa, but it would be tight. I would book two rooms at the AllStars. I know a lot of people don't like them, but I thought they were fine, especially with kids. Two bathrooms, 4 beds, the ability to put the kids to bed and still have some private time. Yep, that's what I would do.

I would do 2 rooms somewhere. That way you'd have 2 TV's and bathrooms.

With 6, you're only option (other than the DVC's) is the cabins at FW. With 5 you could do POR (I think that is the mod with the trundle bed) or a deluxe.

Your on sight options are :

If you have 5 -
POR in the AB section w/trundle bed.
2 rooms at a value or moderate
1 room at most of the deluxes - they'll have 2 double or Queen beds and a day bed.

If you have 6-
DVC resorts you will need to get a 2 bedroom villa. Occupancy is 4 in a studio or 1bdrm and 8 in a 2bdrm. Unless your 5th person is a child under 3yrs old in which case the 5th person can be in a pak-n-play crib.

FW cabins will sleep 6

There is also a Jr.suite at WL and CSR that will hold 6 I think.

For off sight I've heard that holiday inn has decent priced suites that accommodate larger parties. And I'm sure other's will chime in with more options;)

While I haven't done this myself (I've done POR with trundle, FW cabins, rented points for DVC, and rented a house off-site), hotelkingdom has good rates for Cypress Pointe and Cypress Pointe Grand Villas. These are just around the corner from POR on 535 on the way to Crossroads, and DTD. I think the location is great, give you lots of bedroom options (I'd probably go with a 3 bedroom) at a good price

Hours are short in Feb, and unless you're there Presidents Week, you'll be able to get a lot done in a short time.

There are 5 of us and on june 27th we are checking in to 2 rooms at CSR. We were booked at CR but we thought it would work out better to have 2 bathrooms, 2 showers, 2 tvs, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter