5 hours - what to do?

Big Al Fan

Earning My Ears
We're staying in Davenport in Sept.. Our flight has us getting in by 11 am, but with check-in not until 4 pm, we'll have 4-5 hours to do... what? Looking for suggestions. We're a large family of 8, ages from 50 down to 9, so something a range of ages would be interested in. And also not a long drive , maybe no more than 45 minutes away. I saw a post about the citrus place, and maybe Gatorland. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Well, if your flight gets in at 11, by the time you get your luggage and rental car, it'll be after noon. Find a place to have lunch and that'll be about 2 hours including travel time, It would be about 2:00 by then.

You really only have about 2 hours to kill. A few ideas to fill that short amount of time: Take a drive down I-drive, buy groceries you'll need for the week, head to an indoor mall or one of the outlet malls.

Not sure what the car situation is with 8 people so that may be a factor.

Davenport is about an hour drive from the airport. By the time you wrangle all those people, get luggage, pick up cars, eat a nice sit-down lunch and finally head out, I suspect you'll get there around 3:30 p.m. and you may be able to check-in right then.

You could also experience travel delays and traffic.

If you make great time, you could do some shopping for your trip.

However, with that many people, it would likely be easier to send out a couple of people to get supplies after you have checked-in.

Another strategy would be do an activity after landing and not worry about getting to your resort until 7 or 8 p.m.

Generally after traveling it is nice just to go relax, however.

Davenport is a Large Area by name ( Junction of Hwy 192 & Hwy 27 going South to nearly Haines City )

So Where are you staying .... that will give us a better idea of what you can do ?

Now as pointed out in Post 2 & 3 you really have not Much spare time

An Idea ..... Set off from Airport and head towards your villa Have lunch ...... loads of places to eat..

Then Buy supplies And onwards.

Better idea to follow IF we know where you are staying

We're staying at ChampionsGate, if that helps. True, we'll get lunch, but that's not going to kill 4 hours. We'll still have several hours on our hands....

We're staying at ChampionsGate, if that helps. True, we'll get lunch, but that's not going to kill 4 hours. We'll still have several hours on our hands....
I just don't see where you'll have 4 hours to kill if your plane lands at 11 and check-in is at 4. What's your timeline as far as getting luggage, rental car, drive to Davenport?

We're staying in Davenport in Sept.. Our flight has us getting in by 11 am, but with check-in not until 4 pm, we'll have 4-5 hours to do... what? Looking for suggestions. We're a large family of 8, ages from 50 down to 9, so something a range of ages would be interested in. And also not a long drive , maybe no more than 45 minutes away. I saw a post about the citrus place, and maybe Gatorland. Any other ideas? Thanks!
If you land at 11, after getting luggage, rental car and driving to resort it will be at least 1pm. You don't have to wait until 4pm to check in. I have checked into resorts as early as 10am. After you check in, go get a bite to eat. Take a drive around the area. Go grocery shopping or take a walk around the resort and become familiar with what they have to offer. There should be less Covid restrictions by September so go for a swim or just hang out by the pool. Do they have a kids club for the 9 year old? Now's a good time to find out. Go see what they have available to enjoy during your stay there. The time will fly by and the room will be ready before you know it.

Here you go

After picking up your car Drive to the Hwy 417 Stay on it till You Join Hwy I-4

Get in lane for I-4 heading for Tampa ( look out for Electricity Pole with Mickey's Ears = On your Right )

as you join I-4

Leave I-4 at ( I think ) Junction 58 Champions Gate .

You go through , if it is still there The Champions Gate Arch

Puplix Grocery Shop & eating places are ALL there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter