• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5/27 - Part 2 - Our WONDERful Cruise Begins

BethC1952

DIS Veteran
While we were unpacking, our cabin host, Clemron, came in, introduced himself and showed us how to lock and unlock the safe. You have to unlock it wth the same KTTW card that you lock it with! After we unpacked, we decided to go up to Deck 9 to Beach Blanket Buffet to get some lunch (by this point, we were starving!) and to explore the upper decks and wait for the lifeboat drill and for the ship to sail. Lunch was very good, and while we were there we bought our mugs (glad we did, too!) We found a table on the aft deck where we ate and enjoyed the view of the Space Center in the distance. When we finished eating, we went upstairs to Deck 10 to wait for the ship to sail. As always, I had my cameras with me so that I wouldn't miss anything!

At promptly 5 PM, the ship's horn sounded "When You Wish Upon A Star". I, of course, was busy taking pictures of the pools downstairs, and not paying attention to what was going on around me. After a few minutes, DH asked me if I had wanted to videotape our moment of sailing…which, of course, I had missed! I never felt the ship moving. I did get myself together then, and filmed the remainder of our trip down the channel and into the open ocean.

Once we cleared the channel and turned to the south, DH and I went back to our room to change for dinner at Triton's. Although we had the late seating, we wanted to catch the early performance of Hercules The Muse-ical, and I'm so glad we did! Of course, we were late and missed the introduction of the crew, but we did catch the whole show. It's hilarious…like so many other Disney productions, it works on two levels. Kids thinks it's funny, adults think it's a blast! It's a don't miss!

After the show, we walked around the jogging track on Deck 4 and then headed to Triton's for dinner. The food was wonderful…during the whole cruise, there wasn't one meal that I didn't really enjoy. Our server, Vicky (Canada) and Mickail (France) were really wonderful and made sure that we had everything we needed. The restaurant is very pretty, and it was really nice to get dressed for dinner!

After dinner, we changed out of our dress clothes and headed back up to Deck 10 to enjoy the party going on below, and to enjoy the ship. We're not party people and we're not drinkers, so we stopped in the Cadillac Lounge for a few minutes to listen to the piano player, who was good enough that we stopped back each night before we went to our room for the night! Since we had our mugs with us we had them filled with Coke at the bar and took them back to our room where we relaxed for a while before retiring.

The story will continue tomorrow...

Beth

Beth, I have enjoyed your trip reports so much! It is very exciting to me because we are doing almost the same as you did. We are going to PO Riverside for 3 days and then the 7 day cruise for our honeymoon. We also have the "just relax and enjoy ourselves" mentality although I do have a few must dos for the cruise (Palo's and spa). This will be our 1st trip to I have a few odd questions. Did the bus that took you to the resort and the bus that took you to port have a bathroom? My stomach seems to get a little upset with bus rides.:rolleyes: We almost rented a car for this reason but we decided that it would be easier with transfers regarding luggage and not getting lost!;) How long did it take you to get to port from the resort? What about from resort to Magic Kingdom?

Hi Beth...

Awesome report! Thanks so much for sharing and for all the great details!!!

Beth11
:) :)

To Limmer (and anyone else who's interested!)

The trip from the airport to the resort is only about a half hour, and I took Mears Shuttle, not the Disney Cruise Line bus since we arrived a day early (Wednesday instead of Thursday). They don't have bathrooms.

The trip from the resort to the port, even with the delays for traffic, smoke, accident, etc. was less than 90 minutes. I think it had a bathroom, but I'm not positive. I usually get a bit queasy in buses (and planes and boats) but I didn't have trouble with any of that this trip. The buses are very comfortable and the ride was smooth, so I don't think you'll have a problem either.

The trip from the resort to the Magic Kingdom is less than 15 minutes from the North Bus Depot at PO Riverside, which is the first stop. If you're getting on at one of the other stops, it will be a couple of minutes less.

I hope you enjoy your trip--the resort is wonderful, don't forget to spend a little bit of time enjoying the landscaping and the wildlife (ducks, herons, egrets and all kinds of other birds are everywhere!)

Beth

Thank you for the information Beth! Reading about your trip has made me even more excited for mine!:) I appreciate the effort everyone on these boards puts into their reports and I will make sure I take notes to return the favor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter