5.25.14 Living Seas!

hopeishere

Earning My Ears
Hellooo Everyone!!!

I have been reading this board for years and decided this will be a great time to start writing. Me and my fiancé have been together for 7 years and decided to get married at your favorite place on Earth! Disney!

We some how got lucky enough to find a date on Memorial Day Weekend! Which is also Star Wars weekend!

We sign our contract in a week and are thrilled to have Disney apart of our special day! We are getting married on Sunday, May 25th @ 2:30pm at the Wedding Pavilion and then the reception is at The Living Seas!

I am just curious if any comments on how to make this even more magical!

Thank you all!!

Liz

You can see pics of wedding receptions at the living seas here:
classicdiscjockeys.com/blog/?s=living+seas

(copy and paste in your browser if link doesn't work)

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

I luckily live in Miami and visit Disney often. We got to walk the room I just want to know if maybe they have music playing when the guest have their cocktail hour?

What about having characters OTHER than Mickey and Minnie like… lets say the Little Mermaid?

I go up next week to meet with the planners but I would like to see if anyone else had added anything to give it that extra pow! Since it is a holiday weakend we are not allowed to add a dessert party after =( Which I am pretty bummed about

I want to see how much other type of entertainment are offered

You're not allowed to have dessert parties holiday weekends? That stinks, I never heard that before.

When you have a DJ, the DJ will play for the cocktail hour as well. Mickey and Minnie can definitely make an appearance, as well as Dive Mickey. (Mickey in the tank w/ scuba gear... he'll hold a personalized "congratulations" sign for you).

Disney will only allow certain characters at the Living Seas location. Your Wedding Coordinator can help you with that selection.

Hope this helps!

We had our reception there last year- it was beautiful! We did floating centerpieces to tie everything in with the tanks. I highly recommend having Mickey & Minnie!

Thank you!

I luckily live in Miami and visit Disney often. We got to walk the room I just want to know if maybe they have music playing when the guest have their cocktail hour?

What about having characters OTHER than Mickey and Minnie like… lets say the Little Mermaid?

I go up next week to meet with the planners but I would like to see if anyone else had added anything to give it that extra pow! Since it is a holiday weakend we are not allowed to add a dessert party after =( Which I am pretty bummed about

I want to see how much other type of entertainment are offered

I assume you were looking into an Epcot dessert party? They blackout DPs in Epcot anytime that they expect the regular crowd attendance to be high (for the same reason there are no DPs on Fridays & Saturdays during Food & Wine Festival). That would make the most sense to me.

It's not as convenient since your reception is in Epcot, but you can also do Wishes DPs (from the Grand Floridian and I think Contemporary) or Fantasmic DPs. Fantasmic DPs are at the mercy of the show however - if they cancel Fantasmic (for bad weather/performers safety) there goes your show! Still both are great options IMO :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter