5/24/24, PVB association license amendment (5/30/24 updated to Approved)…confirmed adding tower weeks

I wonder how this would work for current RIV owners? I would not be excited if those direct points ended up being restricted from use at the original resorts.

The RiV POS is already set in terms of what the DVc resort agreement states and they have trading rights into those resort spar Tod BVTC.

DVD is not going to sell direct points that are not good at all their resorts. I think the rumor is that from RIv forward, DVC 2.0 will have restrictions.

The issue is that they have messed up the messsging, IMO, because they have now chosen to “add on” to a current association vs making it a new resort. Makes you not trust that future projects won’t do the same.

The RiV POS is already set in terms of what the DVc resort agreement states and they have trading rights into those resort spar Tod BVTC.

DVD is not going to sell direct points that are not good at all their resorts. I think the rumor is that from RIv forward, DVC 2.0 will have restrictions.

The issue is that they have messed up the messsging, IMO, because they have now chosen to “add on” to a current association vs making it a new resort. Makes you not trust that future projects won’t do the same.

If Disney builds even 1 new resort property that sells direct with restrictions at WDW I would feel much better about the direct RIV points we currently own.

I understand that BPK and IT PVB can both be considered expansions of existing associations. It’s a grey area but I don’t think they’ve completely gone against how they sold direct products with restrictions.

If Disney builds even 1 new resort property that sells direct with restrictions at WDW I would feel much better about the direct RIV points we currently own.

I understand that BPK and IT PVB can both be considered expansions of existing associations. It’s a grey area but I don’t think they’ve completely gone against how they sold direct products with restrictions.
When “Reflections” gets build, even if considered an add-on to the CFW, it will have restrictions.

He still runs a Polynesian Facebook group. Y’all could ask if he still thinks a YC conversion is in the offing.
I would not suggest anyone do this. He needs to protect his family from a Disney lawsuit. He may also be protecting those who provided him inside information.

Tikiman is a good person who deserves the community respecting him and his family.

I’ll stop short of complaining because we purchased direct knowing it was a restricted resort. Since this purchase got us DVC-Y we will hold the contract indefinitely so resale value to us isn’t the issue.

I just think it makes the overall product less desireable/useful when resale contracts can only be used at RIV. My current job does not let us take advantage of the 11 month window except for the high use holiday times so being locked into RIV means if we bought a resale contract we have no flexibility.

Down the road when I retire from the military we fully intent to take advantage of 11 month priority at RIV which is why we purchased there vs OKW.
It may be a good time to consider a resale Riviera contract.

I agree that it makes DVC less attractive for resale long term—but I also think Disney is telling us they don’t care if resale keeps dropping long term if it means they can use the distinction between direct and resale benefits to collect heavy premiums for direct. You can get RIV resale under $125/pt, but people are buying direct over $170/pt because RIV resale is a terrible product unless you are sure you’ll love RIV for the life of the contract and you can always plan your DVC point vacations more than 7m in advance.

Putting punitive limits on resale saves DVC the trouble of using ROFR to prop up direct prices.
I think the only way I would consider Riviera resale is to supplement direct Riviera points already owned there. This way you have the option to use the direct points somewhere else if you wanted to.

While this is true. Why ask when we all know it puts he and his family in legal jeopardy?
What? What possible grounds would Disney have for a lawsuit? He is not a Disney employee unless I am mistaken. If Tikiman shares info that has been told to him by a friend in the know, it's his friend who has skin in the game, not Tikiman.

The only reason for him to be tight lipped is to protect his sources.

That being said, Tikiman shares his info when the time is right... There's no need to pester him about it. He's been doing this for a long time.

Did they technically? No. But the message was all future projects…and the implication was everything from then on would be new.

Personally, it’s not a big deal since I am indifferent to restrictions and RIv is our top spot. Plus have plenty of eligible points.

But, as someone who always said direct was it, we are back to thinking about resale at RIV instead.

Just saying, it’s a knock against the messaging at this point and some will be willing to gamble that maybe future projects will end up being additions instead of new ones with restrictions.

ETA: And, if they decide to keep doing this flip flopping, than maybe they remove them and my resale RiV points are golden!!

Last edited:
What? What possible grounds would Disney have for a lawsuit? He is not a Disney employee unless I am mistaken. If Tikiman shares info that has been told to him by a friend in the know, it's his friend who has skin in the game, not Tikiman.

That being said, Tikiman shares his info when the time is right... There's no need to pester him about it. He's been doing this for a long time.

I believe he received letters from Disney in the past.

Just saying, it’s a knock against the messaging at this point and some will be willing to gamble that maybe future projects will end up being additions instead of new ones with restrictions.

ETA: And, if they decide to keep doing this flip flopping, than maybe they remove them and my resale RiV points are golden!!
Wouldn't any future additions still have to have 40+ years left on the deed though? Meaning the only remaining unrestricted resort they could still add on to would be CCV?

Wouldn't any future additions still have to have 40+ years left on the deed though? Meaning the only remaining unrestricted resort they could still add on to would be CCV?
I believe that is the case, though @Sandisw could confirm.

I personally think that perhaps the next direction they go is Reflections/"River Country Lodge".

After that, I suspect that once RIV finally sells out that they will tear down the Aruba section of CBR and add high point "Mediterranean Villas" for new sale at RIV with the promise that those people can book Duo Studios...

Wouldn't any future additions still have to have 40+ years left on the deed though?
I am unaware of that being a rule. But yes, the 4 not-originally-planned add ons I can think of (OKW, SSR, VGF, Poly) all had 40+ years, and the shortest time for any new resort (BCV) was 40 years.

Aulani only has 38 years now, and it’s for sale.

How about extending the galactic starcruiser site into a larger star wars hotel. People complained it wasn’t a “real” hotel as it didn’t have a pool, and the LARP aspect (and associated costs) was too much for all but the most dedicated fans.

There looks to be room to grow if they replaced the driveway and lobby entrance. They could add extra wings with different themes like rebel base, imperial star destroyer, coruscant, so that the room count could be more viable for a hotel rather than experience. This could include pools in the rebel section (rainforest theme) and coruscant (roman bath’s like feel, maybe with the spa).

Not sure it would be suitable for DVC, but would be deluxe level due to theming and location with its back entrance to HS via galaxies edge.

What? … He can go to prison. Insider trading includes passing along material information that can affect stock prices, that has not been publicly disclosed to shareholders. You don’t have to be the original source, you are complicit if you share the information.

What? … He can go to prison. Insider trading includes passing along material information that can affect stock prices, that has not been publicly disclosed to shareholders. You don’t have to be the original source, you are complicit if you share the information.
Um….. I don’t think anyone would credibly call that material information that would impact Walt Disney Company stock price.

facebook twitter