5/24/24, PVB association license amendment (5/30/24 updated to Approved)…confirmed adding tower weeks

As a RIV direct owner I really hope they consider changing the restrictions on resale for RIV and VDH. More so for being able to buy a resale RIV contract that I can use at RIV to supplement points but also to give some freedom if RIV is booked for a last minute trip.
Email the heads of dvc and tell them what you think. I did that when poly being the same association was announced. The more members express themselves to the company, the better.

I’m just waiting for the next project to drop…we got news of PVB tower shortly after sales of BPK started..,.cabins right after VDH started…so, what is up next with this project starting in the next few months!
Any thoughts on when they may announce? I was thinking the member meeting, but is there something sooner? Maybe a D23 event?

As a RIV direct owner I really hope they consider changing the restrictions on resale for RIV and VDH. More so for being able to buy a resale RIV contract that I can use at RIV to supplement points but also to give some freedom if RIV is booked for a last minute trip.
Same. And I think you’d find 100% of DVC members on board with this but it seems DVD has other designs.

Rumors on some of the Disney blogs are that the next project will be the Reflections site. They have already extended some of those permits so it would make sense. Tom Bricker (Disney Tourist Blog) has floated the idea that DVD may be creating a DVC 2.0 that will be made up of Riviera, CFW, VDH and all future developments. So there will essentially be two sets of point-share groupings that don't mix.

Edited to add: seems like Reflections will be edited somewhat to freshen the idea, but whatever that ends up being will be on that particular parcel of land, which is the old River Country site. It has already been cleared/demolished and I believe there are some trailers and outbuildings already on the site.

I’m just waiting for the next project to drop…we got news of PVB tower shortly after sales of BPK started..,.cabins right after VDH started…so, what is up next with this project starting in the next few months!
My best guess is the next thing will be another MK project. Some rumored plans:
  1. Adventureland hotel with direct theme park access
  2. Contemporary Resort tower 3
  3. Something where Disney’s Reflections, A Lakeside Lodge was planned that is not quite as tall as that project (oops!)
Else the other thing they keep surveying for over and over again is a resort in the HeiHei section of the Epcot parking lot.

I’d expect CR3 is most likely. If I’m not mistaken, I think Bay Lake Tower is the fastest moving resort in DVC history

Also - I made a thread for discussion of how the cash bookings at Poly could go, what will happen demand-wise for cash there and when they might transition to points. I would love all of your input!
HERE - THANK YOU!

My best guess is the next thing will be another MK project. Some rumored plans:
  1. Adventureland hotel with direct theme park access
  2. Contemporary Resort tower 3
  3. Something where Disney’s Reflections, A Lakeside Lodge was planned that is not quite as tall as that project (oops!)
Else the other thing they keep surveying for over and over again is a resort in the HeiHei section of the Epcot parking lot.

I’d expect CR3 is most likely. If I’m not mistaken, I think Bay Lake Tower is the fastest moving resort in DVC history
Adventure land tower is my best guess as they seem to have a thing for in park hotels at the minute. Also provides an answer to the Epic hotel at Uni.

Or Yacht club….

Rumors on some of the Disney blogs are that the next project will be the Reflections site. They have already extended some of those permits so it would make sense. Tom Bricker (Disney Tourist Blog) has floated the idea that DVD may be creating a DVC 2.0 that will be made up of Riviera, CFW, VDH and all future developments. So there will essentially be two sets of point-share groupings that don't mix.

Edited to add: seems like Reflections will be edited somewhat to freshen the idea, but whatever that ends up being will be on that particular parcel of land, which is the old River Country site. It has already been cleared/demolished and I believe there are some trailers and outbuildings already on the site.

I wonder how this would work for current RIV owners? I would not be excited if those direct points ended up being restricted from use at the original resorts.

I’m not expecting Disney to listen to me but I think the last thing DVC members need is any more DVC resorts before they build significant additional capacity *in the parks*— or, at the very minimum, there should be 4 nights a week of Deluxe Resort after hours like there used to be. I read that Disney can’t even offer 1 advanced LL booking to all onsite resort guests because there’s too many guests per ride capacity. 🤯

Anybody who wants the opportunity to own direct at WDW can choose Riviera, Poly, or CFW…seems like building new resorts will only cannibalize sales of the 3 outstanding properties.

I’m not expecting Disney to listen to me but I think the last thing DVC members need is any more DVC resorts before they build significant additional capacity *in the parks*— or, at the very minimum, there should be 4 nights a week of Deluxe Resort after hours like there used to be. I read that Disney can’t even offer 1 advanced LL booking to all onsite resort guests because there’s too many guests per ride capacity. 🤯

Anybody who wants the opportunity to own direct at WDW can choose Riviera, Poly, or CFW…seems like building new resorts will only cannibalize sales of the 3 outstanding properties.
…… so I’ll mark you down for 300 DVC Yacht Club points then……

Anybody who wants the opportunity to own direct at WDW can choose Riviera, Poly, or CFW…seems like building new resorts will only cannibalize sales of the 3 outstanding properties
I certainly don’t think they’ll open anything new before 2027, when Riviera should be sold out or very close. But 2027 opening means 2026 construction and 2025 site prep so the timeline…

…… so I’ll mark you down for 300 DVC Yacht Club points then……
Mark me down for 500.. I'll just have my kids play rock paper scissors when they're old enough and the winner gets to go to college, pretty sure they'll understand

But also anyone does anyone else think Yacht Club or Reflections could be next? CFW needs SOMETHING over there to make it appealing unless DVC really plans to just rent those cabins as cash stays forever basically which is an actual possibility

Same. And I think you’d find 100% of DVC members on board with this but it seems DVD has other designs.

I’ll stop short of complaining because we purchased direct knowing it was a restricted resort. Since this purchase got us DVC-Y we will hold the contract indefinitely so resale value to us isn’t the issue.

I just think it makes the overall product less desireable/useful when resale contracts can only be used at RIV. My current job does not let us take advantage of the 11 month window except for the high use holiday times so being locked into RIV means if we bought a resale contract we have no flexibility.

Down the road when I retire from the military we fully intent to take advantage of 11 month priority at RIV which is why we purchased there vs OKW.

We
Mark me down for 500.. I'll just have my kids play rock paper scissors when they're old enough and the winner gets to go to college, pretty sure they'll understand

But also anyone does anyone else think Yacht Club or Reflections could be next? CFW needs SOMETHING over there to make it appealing unless DVC really plans to just rent those cabins as cash stays forever basically which is an actual possibility
We’d probably need 500 for the point chart!

I can bet $1 that it’s going to be reflections.

Even if that wasn’t the plan, I think the disaster CFW is will push them to move things around and get reflections done.

Latest posts

facebook twitter