• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4night double dip vs 4night concierge vs b2b

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
I know it's all personal preference, but I wanted to hear other opinions and reasons why people would do what they do. At this time, I have a double dip booked for next June, but I really wanted fall. I figured when fall comes out, I can switch if there is a double dip offered. I love Castaway Cay. I do not like Nassau. After looking at several cruises and pricing, the prices are all about the same for the 4 double dip ocean view, a 4 night concierge (fall) and a b2b ocean view (fall). So, take money out of the equation.

1.) Double dip sounds great because we are mostly taking the cruise to enjoy CC. I figured if they can't dock one day, we at least have another chance on the same cruise.

2.) 4 night concierge sounds great. That would make our ship days even better. Since we don't like Nassau, we'd have that extra day to spend on the concierge deck, or wherever we want to go. I haven't been on Dream since the month it first sailed and we didn't get to see most of the ship.

3.) B2B would give me that extra padding of going to CC. It would also give me 2 stops to Nassau, which we don't want. Could 2 adults keep busy enough on the ship that many days? We actually enjoy being busy. Perhaps, we would visit the Hilton for a day in Nassau just to get our feet in the sand.

My husband never wants to go on vacation. He has a really hard time letting go of work and chilling out. He absolutely loved CC and said that is one place he would go back to. He always says he wants the cheapest and shortest choice, but whenever we've stayed anywhere that had a lot of pampering, he was completely blissed out. He has done well on Disney cruises and has a lot of food sensitivities that DCL has been great with.

I would choose the B2B. The more days on the ship the better. I did concierge on the. Dream before and though nice, I would have preferred more days. I really enjoyed our B2B, but I chose an itinerary that only went to Nassau once in the two cruises. We didn't get off the ship there.

We are doing the B2B concierge trip for the third time next May on the Dream. We love the 2 stops at CC and we always stay on the boat in Nassau.

My vote would be for the B2B. you get 2 stops at CC, you can choose to stay on or get off at Nassau. I love being on the ship, especially on a port day. Feels like you have the ship to yourself. Go see a movie, spa treatment (always specials those days), relax in the pool/hottub, classes, cooking demos, etc. I think you'll find plenty to keep you busy. The more days on the ship, the happier camper I am!

I would do the B2B. DCL doesn't offer the double dips all that often and they are much less likely to occur in the fall when you have the Magic and Wonder taking up days at CC in addition to the Fantasy and Dream.

Wow, didn't expect that many votes for B2B. What do you do with that many ship days? Are there enough activities to stay busy for adults? I'd probably do one massage, but wouldn't spend much time at the spa. I rarely drink.

Another vote for the B2B. 4 nights is such a short cruise, regardless if it's a double dip or concierge.

There's plenty to do. We've been on 10 DCL cruises, and have yet to do "everything". Also remember, it's a vacation - take some time to just sit on deck 4 and watch the sea go by.

There are movies; ship tours; cooking classes; sometimes some arts and craft classes; trivia games. All kinds of things to do.

As much as we love sailing in Concierge I would take a B2B in place of a 4 night Concierge cruise. We have a B2B coming up in Nov in Concierge and a B2B in April/May in an aft cabin 5E. we will enjoy both for different reasons.

I just did a B2B. So I am biased.
Wow, didn't expect that many votes for B2B. What do you do with that many ship days? Are there enough activities to stay busy for adults? I'd probably do one massage, but wouldn't spend much time at the spa. I rarely drink.

It ends up being 7 nights which is way nicer and less rushed. You can see some of my past comments and a post that I made with regards to what I liked and didn't.

Some key tips:
Get the same room for both cruises, it is easier.
Try getting a 3 day followed by the 4 day. It saves on parking at the port, and the 4 day is less chaotic than the 3 day. \
The head waiter will ask if you want to keep your same serving team and also if you want to have your own table for the second cruise.
You have the opportunity to book a future cruise on each sailing.

There was always plenty of stuff do on the ship. We didn't feel like we had to rush around, because we knew it would likely be offered the next cruise as well. One thing to consider is that some of the trivia may repeat from one cruise to another.
The shows and menus repeat, so this can be a positive or negative.
You also get two nights of fireworks.
I would recommend 1 mixology or alcohol class. You can taste instead of drink, and it is a good way to kill about an hour. We did liquor and chocolate!
Some people like the Rainforest spa. I know we did for 1 day.
You can also take advantage of brunch at the fancy restaurants as well.

We didn't get off at Nassau either time we docked. Though we enjoyed sitting on on 5e aft cabin balcony quite a lot so we didn't feel compelled to go to the adult deck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter