• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40% Off Resort Postcart

troydjames

Universal Pass holder/ Disney dad
Early this year I received a card in the mail from disneyworld for 40% off a resort stay, had to be used from middle of March -April, We have never been but ordered a disney vacation dvd the year before. We jumped at the chance to go but were going to wait for the free dining plan, after doing the math we figured we could save more with the 40% off, I called to make ressies and all that was avail. was SSR so that is where we stayed. had a great time , went the week after easter and MK was so crowded that you could not move. I was just wondering what the odds are of getting another postcard with that kind of offer and why would disney offer such a deal with the resorts so full that all they could offer is SSR? I am trying to plan 2009 trip and would like to stay on monorail if I could get that kind of discount again it would sure make the trip less painfull.

First things first, congrats on the postcard and I'm thrilled you had a good time at SSR. To answer your questions, Disney randomly sends out postcards with various discounts on them to be used throughout the year. I myself have been 9 times, my 10th being this September, and I received my very first postcard this year. And the 40% off card, well, that's pretty much like the Holy Grail of postcards. There are people on these boards who go to Disney every single year, sometimes more than once, and have never received any type of postcard. There is no rhyme or reason behind who gets a card and what percentage it would be. You may get another postcard next year, but there is no way to know for sure. Hopefully, if you do receive another discount, you'll be able to book your dream of a monorail resort. :)

Got a postcard 40% off last year:love: . Didn't get one this year:rolleyes1 . Hope to get one next year:worship: . Tina

I've been to Disney 5 times no postcards though but hopeful.... your chances for a second slim but no one really knows how they determine who to send to and who not to.
Good Luck!:goodvibes

I got one this year for 40%...hadn't been in 5 years. We ordered a vacation CD 5 years ago when we went- that was 2003 when they had stay 4 nights...3 nights free promo or something similar to that. We didn't plan on going...but 40% off at Disney- sure we booked and a deluxe at that. We did the math on the free dining which we knew was coming up and decided with our eating habits and that of our children the 40% was a better deal. I don't know why I got it but am happy we did.

About 3-5 years ago I recieved postcard pin codes. Now I don't. NO idea to their madness. I usually recieved the offers AFTER I got back from WDW! :rolleyes:

I have received the 40 percent off code 3 years in a row. 2006 - email, 2007 - email and 2008 post card.

is the postcard restricted to america or do they post them out to the uk too?

and is it when you have ordered their dvd or is after filling out details for something else?

This trip will be my 21st to disney.It is also the first and only time that I received a code and it was for 20% off. Disney offers the codes at random times of year.You just happened to go during when the spring breakers hit, and it is usually busy.Also, if you are lucky to get another code, don't wait jump on it...many people use the codes when they do come and once the hotel has exhausted the promotional rooms they are gone and nothing else will show as available.i am sure there were other resorts with rooms when you went, just not rooms that you could use the code on.

I got a PIN code via email a few weeks ago and it was for fall 2008 30% off however we are going Jan 2009 and even looking to change dates to December there was pretty much nothing available. I was bummed. I hope I get another code when the next come out in October. I've got two email addresses in there...mine and my dh's plus I now have a Disney Visa. I guess it's luck of the draw...hopefully I get alot of luck in October :rotfl:

is the postcard restricted to america or do they post them out to the uk too?

and is it when you have ordered their dvd or is after filling out details for something else?

I don't know about the UK but they do send them to Canadians.

Anyway you can get your name and address into the Disney system can't hurt. So order the DVDs, fill out surveys, get an account on the website, call to make dining reservations or tours, offer up your email address every single time.

Good luck and keep your fingers crossed for me too!

I have a question, I recieved a postcard to my house in TN, with my mailing address, but to my mothers name ( different last name and lives in NH) I have been every year for about 10 years in a row, but not in 08 yet. Will they let me use the code, even though its not in my name??

Since the card went to your house (mailing address) I think you can use it. My understanding is they go by household. I certainly would try! :wizard:

I have a question, I recieved a postcard to my house in TN, with my mailing address, but to my mothers name ( different last name and lives in NH) I have been every year for about 10 years in a row, but not in 08 yet. Will they let me use the code, even though its not in my name??

We received a postcard at our mailing address, but my husband's name was incorrect on the postcard. I called Disney and they said we could still use it even though my husband's name was incorrect because it was attached to our address. So, I would call Disney to see. Good luck!!

I'm keeping fingers crossed for a postcard. My mom got one this year, but we're not going until next April. Planning on ordering the new DVD when it comes out late this year incase it helps my chances.

We received a 40% pin that went to my parents address. They still honored it even though they had the wrong address. Lucky for us it was my parents address and not someone we didn't know!:goodvibes

I received a 40% off code with my daughters name. How they got her name, I will never know. I told them she is `17 and they still insist if we wanted to use the code, she has to be present when we check in. We changed our ressie from AKL to POR. If they won't allow us to use the code when we check in, I sure didn't want to pay rack rate for AKL. OUr dd will be with us for the weekend, then she has to fly back home to go to school. Plus we are renting points and staying at the BC, then going to POR.
I paid off POR, but they could still charge me rack rate when I get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter