40 Days of non-expiring park hopping passes

I think that we might be in a fairly unique situation, but I wanted to pass along an incredibly helpful tip in case someone has a similar situation. Back in the day when Disney announced that they were going to stop selling the non-expiring park hopping passes my wife and I each bought four 10-day tickets. Our intention is to hold onto those for as long as we can and use them as our VGF DVC member is ending and Disney is charging $1000 a day for a park ticket.

After those tickets stopped being sold we switched over to APs. The issue that we had in the early days is our non-expiring tickets were always being flagged as the first option when we bought a new AP. When scanning into a park our non-expiring tickets were used instead of the new AP and we had to go to guest services to be issued a “file number” to reference that Disney owes us a day to be used at a future date. After going through this we always asked that Disney make sure everything was prioritized correctly with our APs. Unfortunately, we ran into this same issue two additional times as the years progressed. These days Disney’s systems can correctly accommodate for this sort of situation but we are continuously paranoid and always watching our tickets to make sure they are correct.

Just renewing our APs and upgrading from Sorcerer to IncrediPass as we have a Christmas trip planned for this year we were on the phone with Guest Services. They suggested that we create a new name under our My Disney Experience and move those non-expiring tickets to those names. Now we no longer need to worry about our old tickets being used. When we’re ready to use them we can either get a new magic band associated with those names or call Guest Services and ask that they move them back to our original names. This is such a massive load off of our minds every time we renew our APs and we wanted to share if anyone else has a similar situation.

We don't have that situation, but how astute of you to get all those 10 day non-expiring tickets. we love Disney, used to buy those, and it's really pricy buying the two day tickets for this trip, and the one day ticket for that trip, etc.

How nice to no have to check your tickets each time now.

Each person in my family got one of those NE tickets with water park & more days when Disney phased them out. We're just using our last remaining theme park days this coming August and still have 5-6 water park days remaining. We've made the most of them over the years (I'm pretty sure we got them 10 years ago now). Wish we had bought multiple NE tickets like you all did, that was super smart! :worship::thumbsup2

We also encountered issues with ticket prioritization a couple of times, it's always super frustrating. I spent quite a bit of time at guest services because the wrong ticket was used more than once. Now I have alter egos with our middle names for other tickets, just makes it less worrisome.

We also encountered issues with ticket prioritization a couple of times, it's always super frustrating. I spent quite a bit of time at guest services because the wrong ticket was used more than once. Now I have alter egos with our middle names for other tickets, just makes it less worrisome.
As I understand it, this is called ticket "stacking".

The short of it is, if you have purchased a ticket and already have another ticket, it's important to go to Guest Relations before you enter the park to make sure your tickets are stacked correctly. You only have to do this once after you have added a ticket, and only if you have more than one ticket.

I bought a couple each for DH and I before they stopped selling them. We just returned from a trip and he still has one more park day and about 18 WP days left. I used mine up on short trips over the years, wish I had bought more. Had an AP for a few years up to 2020 but no more. I remember the days of stopping at guest services to make sure they prioritized the correct ticket!

They suggested that we create a new name under our My Disney Experience and move those non-expiring tickets to those names.
We've been suggesting that work-around here for several years. It gets tricky once the non-expiring ticket has been used, because it can't be transferred. But until it's used the first time, you may transfer that ticket back-and-forth among profiles as often as you'd like.

I have been in that situation, day tickets as well as a non activation AP. The phone support's suggestion works fine. Make (or have them make) another person tied to your account to hold the tickets that you don't want to use.

My family has Two day park hoppers and about 7 days of water parks left on ours. We were on top of prioritizing the new tickets when we went so we were good there. What I'm wondering now though is that my daughters ticket is a child's ticket and she is 11 now and we have no intention of going back for a few years. Will we have any issue with a 16 year old trying to use a childs ticket she first used when she was 4 ? those Biometric scanners never worked for her either.

My family has Two day park hoppers and about 7 days of water parks left on ours. We were on top of prioritizing the new tickets when we went so we were good there. What I'm wondering now though is that my daughters ticket is a child's ticket and she is 11 now and we have no intention of going back for a few years. Will we have any issue with a 16 year old trying to use a childs ticket she first used when she was 4 ? those Biometric scanners never worked for her either.
I've been told by a few people here that I can go to guest services and they will update my son's child's NE ticket to adult when he ages out.

Yes we tooGolf bought 4 sets of 10 day NE tickets in Feb of 2015 from UT as WDW was phasing them out. 2 were inclusive of Water Parks and more which includes Mini Golf.As of right now we are just getting into our last set of 10 with many extras still left.The only issue we ever had was when my wife lost her physical ticket in the parks long before MB's. We went to guest service's and they were able to issue her a new one. problem solved We're really going to miss those tickets when they are finally gone.

We bought about 5-6 of the 10 day hopping NE tickets years ago when my son was little, I am thinking 10+ years ago. We are down to 4 remaining days for myself (this trip I had to buy 2 tickets for DS and DH, trip before that it was just buying a ticket for DH). After this trip I believe I will have one day left. The end of an era and definitely hard on the pocketbook. I wish they would offer them again, but I know that's highly unlikely. I will note that i am not able to add G+ to the ticket until after midnight on day of which will be a pain, but that is changing anyways too.

We've been suggesting that work-around here for several years. It gets tricky once the non-expiring ticket has been used, because it can't be transferred. But until it's used the first time, you may transfer that ticket back-and-forth among profiles as often as you'd like.
That's interesting. I have the opposite situation and have been wondering about it. I have multiple no expiry that I haven't put in MDE. They were purchased 2015 (?) from Undercover Tourist so not automatically entered.

One was used on 2 days by my younger DD. It is now, of course in MDE. But it's listed as 'transferable' and is under her name. Been like that for several years. She hasn't been back and has no plans to go anytime soon. I was very tempted to attempt transferring it to older DD when we were there in April. As it turned out after the cruise no one was motivated to go to any parks. So we just chilled at Poly for a few days.

My annual pass vouchers also show as 'transferable'. At least one will probably get activated this year.

I have many "complimentary one-day park hopper" tickets because of this issue, many of which are on a secondary profile for each person thanks to the 6-ticket-media-per-person limit. Thank god I have a CS degree or this would have been a real joy to figure out, not to mention them redeeming park hoppers for no good reason when we had active APs.

My annual pass vouchers also show as 'transferable'. At least one will probably get activated this year.

I transferred all our "gold renewal" vouchers under my profile so we can have a few more years with the photopass included. Eat that, Bob!

I have many "complimentary one-day park hopper" tickets because of this issue, many of which are on a secondary profile for each person thanks to the 6-ticket-media-per-person limit. Thank god I have a CS degree or this would have been a real joy to figure out, not to mention them redeeming park hoppers for no good reason when we had active APs.

I transferred all our "gold renewal" vouchers under my profile so we can have a few more years with the photopass included. Eat that, Bob!

I have at least one Platinum. That should be somewhat equal to incredipass with photopass?

I think that we might be in a fairly unique situation, but I wanted to pass along an incredibly helpful tip in case someone has a similar situation. Back in the day when Disney announced that they were going to stop selling the non-expiring park hopping passes my wife and I each bought four 10-day tickets. Our intention is to hold onto those for as long as we can and use them as our VGF DVC member is ending and Disney is charging $1000 a day for a park ticket.

After those tickets stopped being sold we switched over to APs. The issue that we had in the early days is our non-expiring tickets were always being flagged as the first option when we bought a new AP. When scanning into a park our non-expiring tickets were used instead of the new AP and we had to go to guest services to be issued a “file number” to reference that Disney owes us a day to be used at a future date. After going through this we always asked that Disney make sure everything was prioritized correctly with our APs. Unfortunately, we ran into this same issue two additional times as the years progressed. These days Disney’s systems can correctly accommodate for this sort of situation but we are continuously paranoid and always watching our tickets to make sure they are correct.

Just renewing our APs and upgrading from Sorcerer to IncrediPass as we have a Christmas trip planned for this year we were on the phone with Guest Services. They suggested that we create a new name under our My Disney Experience and move those non-expiring tickets to those names. Now we no longer need to worry about our old tickets being used. When we’re ready to use them we can either get a new magic band associated with those names or call Guest Services and ask that they move them back to our original names. This is such a massive load off of our minds every time we renew our APs and we wanted to share if anyone else has a similar situation.
My wife and I also bought 2 ten day tickets with waterparks, and have several partial passes from the old days. I did break down and use my daughters for her recently rather than spend 500.00 on day tix and was happy to see both the non expired days still on her account along with the water park passses.

I, too, have non-expiring tickets we bought years ago. We had Disney customer service load them onto MDE. We have 4 days remaining on the tickets. Our question is: for our upcoming WDW trip we only plan on using 3 of the 4 remaining days. Does that mean we will still have 1 day that will continue to be non-expirable that we can use in the future? From what I am gathering from this thread that it will. Or will it be like the current multi-day tickets that must be fully used within 14 days of the first day scanned? Thank you for any advice!

I, too, have non-expiring tickets we bought years ago. We had Disney customer service load them onto MDE. We have 4 days remaining on the tickets. Our question is: for our upcoming WDW trip we only plan on using 3 of the 4 remaining days. Does that mean we will still have 1 day that will continue to be non-expirable that we can use in the future? From what I am gathering from this thread that it will. Or will it be like the current multi-day tickets that must be fully used within 14 days of the first day scanned? Thank you for any advice!
It depends if these are "tickets with the no-expiration option" or "non-expiring tickets." Tickets nowadays have a defined expiration even if they aren't used. In the past, tickets didn't expire until 14 days after first use. With the no-expiration option, the ticket (and each day) never expire. Since you say you've got "4 days remaining," I have to assume you've got tickets with the no-expiration option, so, yes, you'll have one day left after using three. The tickets are still valid as originally purchased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter