4 people, 3 weeks, 2 resorts and 1 Kingdom! - Day 21

BONZO

<font color=660066>Has been known to go off topic!
FRIDAY 1st June 2001

POLY, STORMS, CONTEMPORARY, SPECTRO MAGIC

Cast list: -

Me (Shaun) - Wallet opener, chauffeur and bag carrier
DW (Alison) - Chief planner, navigator and mother
DD # 1 (Alexandra 7) - Cautious, shy and parking lot number guru
DD # 2 (Laura 5) - Daredevil, chatterbox and sleeper

We woke up at about 7:15, but DDs did not want to get up at all this morning!

When they did, all they wanted to do was play on the beach! – we managed to prise them away and went to Captain Cooks for breakfast. With the sausages, hash browns and toast, this was absolutely wonderful – one of the best I’ve had this holiday!

We strolled onto the monorail and went to MK – nice gentle start this morning as we had covered everything that we wanted to in the previous days.

We re-visited Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, TTA, Buzz then over to ride the recently opened Aladdin ride. As we were lining up the sky turned very dark and there was thunder and lightning in the distance. We held our place in line and were among the last people seated before they closed it down.

It was another very, very slow loader as per Dumbo! The 'carpets' seat 4, 2 in the front controlling the up & down movement and 2 ion the back controlling a small side to side tilting. They let groups in but all of the 2’s grab the front seats and leave the groups of 4 puzzling as to where to sit??? The CMs then have to shift the groups of 2 together to make way for the groups of 4 to ride on 1 carpet – even more delay!!!

Can anything be slower than Dumbo? – Maybe they have got their act together now?

It was still a bit dark but we went up the Swiss Family Treehouse before deciding that it must be time to eat. We decided to get the monorail to the Contemporary and have a look round – remembering our honeymoon in 1988!

The rain by now had started to come down as we got off the monorail but soon it came down like stair rods as we got into the lobby area. Soon, there was nil visibility – we couldn’t even see the 7 seas lagoon!

Being quite hungry by now, we decide to grab something to eat at the Concourse Steakhouse. We had (eventually), Burger and fries for DW, I had Cajun chicken in a bun, the kids had pizza (again), some soft drinks and a couple of beers. One beer I had was called Bavarian (?) which was quite nasty! – I’ve no idea what it was meant to be? Total cost about $42.

The food was ok but the service was very, very poor! – Our waitress took ages to appear and then it took her an age to bring us our drinks! We didn’t see her for about 15 mins and we couldn’t get anyone else’s attention! In the end we had to see one of the “greeters & seaters” to find our waitress for us and get us some more drinks! We don’t mind waiting for the meal to be freshly cooked but I do object to be being completely ignored by the waiting staff!

Eventually, she re-appeared and apologised as she said that she had been waiting in the kitchen for our food to be cooked and that it should be ready soon! She was about to go away again when we pleaded for some more drinks – she apologised once again when she came back with drinks and the food followed shortly afterwards.

This time we left a small tip although I was close to leaving nothing at all!

It was still raining hard, so we hit the concourse gift shops and wandered around the Contemporary for a while before heading back to the Poly via the TTC.

A quick dash through the rain from TTC through the woods and into Tahiti. As we got through the woods the heavens opened and we got absolutely soaked – I mean it just fell down! Soaked to the skin in seconds! DDs thought this was hilarious!

We got dried off in the room and watched some TV and had a nap!

By about 4:20, the weather had cleared up a bit, so we went over to AK to revisit some attractions. We did Dinosaur, the dig site and Pocahontas show again – Wow – that girl is a real looker!

(Ahem, Shaun, I read that!! I wondered why you encouraged the girls to see it again!)

We left at about 6 PM and headed for more shopping at the Premium Outlets Mall. – ZZZZZ

Ate at Subway again as it’s like a real treat to have a sandwich instead of a cooked meal consisting of fried stuff!.

Time is getting on so we drove back to MK for Spectro Magic parade. We fought our way up Main Street and settled on the benches near to Liberty Square, so that we could see the floats going over the bridge with Cindy’s castle in the background. The view was a slightly obscured by trees, but we did have a seat for the duration which the DDs appreciated.

Near the end we ran over to Fantasyland and gave the DDs a choice of rides, as we only had time for one before the park shut – they decided to do Winnie the Pooh again!

As we got off the ride, we just caught the fireworks – Excellent! – not as good as being in front of the castle but only about 1% of the crowds!

We are all very tired so we head back to the Poly via the Resort Launch and start to pack to leave – Boy, this is sad!

Tomorrow: Poly, Gay Day and home!

Thanks for the wonderful reports - luv reading them!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter