4 night Wish or 8 night Fantasy

Which would you choose and why?

• Total voters
She is in daycare so being away from me is something she is used to. However, she does struggle during the initial moment of separation and she can struggle in new and unfamiliar situations until she gets comfortable. For example, she goes to dance class and loves it but everytime she goes into class, she cries and the teacher has to either carry her in or hold her hand and walk her in. Once inside, she does all the dances and has fun and doesn’t want to leave.

I feel like if we are on the 8 night, I’d be more willing to use the kids club because we have more time to spend together, which means I’d be okay with her being separate from me sometimes. On the 4 night, I feel like it is so short that I’d prefer her not to go to kids club so we can enjoy the ship together.

I really enjoy doing activities with my kid. I mean every weekend, her and I are doing something together out of the house. My favorite disney trips were the trips with just her and I. Yea, there were some difficult moments but overall it was super fun.

I’m leaning towards the 8 night so we can do a more laid back trip and don’t feel like we have to run from one activity to the next or fear missing out. But, I need to figure out travel insurance before I can pull the trigger (and probably in about 10 minutes, I’ll flip flop and be leaning more to the 4 night lol)
I’m going to vote 8

Either cruise I would recommend doing the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique if you think she would enjoy it. They have a Frozen makeover option and it would be perfect for the Halloween cruise.

When our son was younger and eligible for the kids club we could never get him to spend time in the clubs. He would rather be with us. He was also in daycare from a very early age. I think you just don't know how she will react until you are on board. I vote for the shorter cruise until you know how much she will enjoy the kids club.

****UPDATE****

Thank you everyone for your opinions. It gave me a lot to think over and talk to my husband about. After considering what some of the things were that I was most looking forward to with cruising with DD, I have decided we will be switching our cruise to the 8 night on the Fantasy. And because of the cost of airfare, we will actually be flying in 2 nights before the cruise and staying at a disney hotel. We don’t get in the first night till 10:30pm but the flight is a direct flight and way cheaper than a connecting flight the next day. So, I decided it was better to pay for an extra night of hotel, that means DD and I will have a 10 night trip together!!

In the end, it came down to wanting to get the most bang for our buck, wanting to have a better chance on getting some of the special activities for DD to do (like princes tea/Olaf picnic), not feeling rushed to see and do everything, and feeling safer taking DD to the ports on the 8 night vs. 4 night. We might even do 1 or 2 excursions if I can find some things that would be interesting or fun for a 3 year old to do!

While I’m somewhat sad not to be going on the Wish and seeing all the new things the ship has to offer, we have never been on the Fantasy (or Dream) (I’ve only been on the Magic like 20 years ago) so everything on the Fantasy will be new to us. We likely will wait to try the Wish until the next new ship comes out and hopefully pricing for the Wish will either come down or it will have longer cruises!

The only last thing that I need to finalize is trip insurance. I think I found one that has a cancellation policy that refunds 100% of cost in the event of placement for adoption occurs within 30 days of sailing. I just want to call and confirm I’m reading the policy right cause it kinda seems to good to be true since the cost of the insurance had better coverage than DCL for way less and I haven’t seen other policies include adoption as a covered cancellation reason without having cancel for any reason coverage.

I will offer another perspective. We've been on the Fantasy many times, and most recently (Oct 2019) for a 9N. It was our best cruise of them all! So pre-pandemic I would have said; take the longer cruise! However, we've just returned from a 4N on the Dream, and it was absolutely wonderful. However, I got Covid on the last night on board. It completely knocked me off my feet, as in - I was in bed the next day and was hardly able to even get up for several days. Definitely unable to take care of my children. This would have been a nightmare on a cruise ship, especially with a toddler and no other adult. For the record, I'm in my 40s, healthy and triple vaccinated. It's a risk that cannot be completely mitigated. So if you do take the longer cruise, get the best medical trip (with medical evacuation) insurance. These insurances often include a person being flown to your location to meet your child and similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!