4 night to Cabo cruise with kids

KaystotheKingdom

Mouseketeer
Hello! This will be our first cruise ever.
Truthfully I am not really all that interested in Cabo, the itinerary more so fits school schedules/my bucket list trip to DL /and my husband wanting to see San Diego.

any thoughts on Cabo being safe for kids? Ours are 3 and 6 and truthfully, I’mkind of nervous to get off the boat. Not sure what there would really be for them there anyway.

anyone have first hand experience in this port with young kids? I looked at the salsa and salsa experience but I can’t seem to find where this is actually located. I really would like to avoid venturing far from where the boat is.

thanks in advance!

My spouse and I went into Cabo, to Sammy Hagar's bar, and our young child remained in the nursery. Looking back, I wouldn't have done this. Had something happened to us, there'd be an orphan on the ship, with lousy caretakers for her welfare outlined in our wills, as those were the best options at the time. Make choices you can live with, should unforeseen circumstances arise (or in my example, circumstances the child could live with, and not despise the memory of parents leaving for a lame experience that left one on a lousy path). May seem extreme but be prepared to make tough choices for a child's welfare.

There's not much in the port area except for shops and a plethora of vendors yelling at you to take their boat ride. There is a dolphin encounter a short walk from the ship but we didn't do it so I can't comment on it. In my opinion it's not a great port for young kids and I would stay on the ship and enjoy the views of the coast, which are really nice. You could also ride the tender to shore and back to see some wildlife. We did this with our kids and they got to see seals swimming in the water next to the boat and crabs on the rocks and probably a few more things that I can't remember.

If I got off the ship in Cabo with a young child, I would only do so with a Disney excursion.

My son and I walked through town a bit on our own. He was 11 at the time and he was intimidated by the amount of vendors screaming at you. They got REALLY intense sometimes (though they did back off a bit when they realized he was freaked out, I heard them get louder with other people). If you show the slightest bit of interest, they pounce on you. It's, by far, the worst port for that I've ever experienced. That said, once you're away from the water, there's not as many screaming vendors so if you can make it through them, you're fine. Like someone above said, we walked to Sammy Hagar's bar and that's about it.

But if you're with a Disney excursion, you're all together in a group from the ship and back (unless your excursion has free time) so I would think the experience would be different and I wouldn't hesitate if there was an excursion that interested me.

Cabo is great for twenty-somethings that enjoy bar hopping. A Disney excursion is safer and well organized.
Your best option is to stay on the Wonder and enjoy the kid's pools and activities while the ship is less crowded and it's less stressful.

We did the Cabo HotHS cruise in 2019. Cabo was a great stop and our particular port adventure (Salsa & Salsa) was really fun. Making salsa, dancing salsa....everyone had a great time. I would have no reason to tell you not to get off the ship. This was a great cruise and a great port.

I purchased a day pass to an all inclusive resort that included loungers on the beach, use of the pool and lunch (where I had the most amazing fish tacos). It was a lot of fun. There are cabs that you can take to resorts, etc.

We did the Cabo HotHS cruise in 2019. Cabo was a great stop and our particular port adventure (Salsa & Salsa) was really fun. Making salsa, dancing salsa....everyone had a great time. I would have no reason to tell you not to get off the ship. This was a great cruise and a great port.
This is the very excursion that I was considering getting off for.

Attachments

• WAM4htkfTvyqIfRFFYuPGQ.jpg
    WAM4htkfTvyqIfRFFYuPGQ.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 5C0ioZgNTjCiPUqt2SSs6A.jpg
    5C0ioZgNTjCiPUqt2SSs6A.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 11
  • OxYi9MiRSrmd4PACt3h%fQ.jpg
    OxYi9MiRSrmd4PACt3h%fQ.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 10
We did beach resorts in Cabo with our girls on 2 different cruises when they were 2 & 5 & then 5 & 8. They loved playing in the sand, the water, the resort’s pool. The resort included lunch and had comfy lounge chairs. The excursion was through the cruise lines, Carnival and Disney.

We did a private snorkeling tour with two families and 4 kids aged 4-8. The meeting spot was close walking distance but a bit tricky to find, but it was great and felt very safe. We walked around port a bit and my family had lunch.

The water in Cabo is crystal clear - really amazing if you like to snorkel/dive. Also, the big game fishing is a hit. A buddy of mine landed a marlin when we pulled in (on my Guided Missile Cruiser :teeth:) and we ate Marlin for dinner that night.

I've been to Cabo a few times, it's perfectly safe. On one cruise we took a water taxi with our 4 year old to medano Beach and hung out at a resort there, you can't go wrong with a beach day at a resort. The next time we went we decided to skip it and take advantage of the empty ship since we were doing beach resorts in two other ports. Booking through Disney will be less chaotic than haggling with the locals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter