4 hours prior to flight departure DME - update

Wubar

Stop asking about "worth". Totally subjective.
Hey all! Just got off the phone with a CM (while trying to scope out some AP discounts that didn't pan out, but I digress)...the Disney system has the increased 4 hour pickup window for DME prior to flight departure listed as December 1- Jan 8, 2018. It's possible that MCO might extend it another week to account for marathon weekend, but so far MCO has not given them any additional information. If the increased pick-up time has not been extended for another week, then after Jan 8, the pickup window for Disney's Magical Express would move back to approximately 2.5 hours before your flight departure from MCO.

Just thought I would share...

Hey all! Just got off the phone with a CM (while trying to scope out some AP discounts that didn't pan out, but I digress)...the Disney system has the increased 4 hour pickup window for DME prior to flight departure listed as December 1- Jan 8, 2018. It's possible that MCO might extend it another week to account for marathon weekend, but so far MCO has not given them any additional information. If the increased pick-up time has not been extended for another week, then after Jan 8, the pickup window for Disney's Magical Express would move back to approximately 2.5 hours before your flight departure from MCO.

Just thought I would share...
I'm confused. They're INCREASING from 4 hours?
And wasn't the "standard" pickup time 3 hours? Where'd 2.5 come from?

Why would MCO have any say in when Disney picks up?

They are the ones putting in the delays. They are letting Disney know of the delays.

I’m sure that Disney is tired of people compensating for people missing flights because of a disconnect between pickup and getting through security.

Last February they picked us up 3 hours prior and had so many LONG stops and then he drove well under the limit, and the only reason I didn’t have to totally rush to my gate was because of a last minute flight delay. It was ridiculous. And we were te second stop, which meant there were people being picked up who had flights before mine. I can’t imagine they made their flights given the number of stops and how long each took.

They are the ones putting in the delays. They are letting Disney know of the delays.

Correct. That is different than MCO deciding what the dates are Disney will be picking up at the 4 hour mark and that they do pick up at 4 hours at all. Sounds like another CM not clear on how things actually work.

Where did the 2.5 come from? That should be abolished even after pickup times get adjusted downward ca. Jan. 8 or so. I have read so many trip reports of Magical Express pickup 2.7 hours before pickup followed by having to run for the plane.

Thanks for the info although not sure where the 2.5hrs comes from as its supposed to be appox 3 hours prior.
Really hoping it changes back to 3hrs by my trip in February although I'll believe it when I see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter