• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$4 gasoline per gallon by July 4 ?!?

DL1WDW2

DIS Veteran
Wow I bought gas today at the 7-11 in Celebration where World Drive ends...usually close to gas prices on property...

$3.589 price per gallon ( Premium) .

Wouldn't be surprised to see it $4 per gallon for holidays!

Anyway Just wanted to keep you updated to plan your trips to
FT Wilderness Campgrounds with your gasoline budget in mind!
Happy Trails you lucky campers!
And post if you will be camping for Happy July 4th Celebrating

Last edited:
I always try to fill up below Ocala when I come into the area on I75, DL1WDW2.

That's usually enough to hold me during a vacation to get back to the same area on the ride home unless I take a long drive someplace.

I lose about 2.5 mpg when towing so that doesn't help either.

Thanks for the update.

Bama Ed

PS - I know there is no income tax in Florida but the politicians are going to get their money one way or another (property tax, gas tax) etc. You can only fleece tourists so much (hotel room tax, rental car tax) so it has to come from somewhere.

I don’t know Las Vegas was trying to add some type of electrical power surcharge to hotel guests! Because of the iPads and iPhones charging .
Remember when we used to have to pay for a local phone call at a hotel?32B5F3DC-FD9E-4ECA-8874-A8DEB3B562ED.png

Last edited:
Sorry I don’t want to go off topic anymore ...

I guess you can budget before you arrive and hope you have enough to drive home!
Good tires and keeping your auto maintained helps too... driving at night probably helps...and Follow Speed Limit
Got other suggestions?

Receipt...I like that idea.. I never usually pay any attention to gas prices.
It must be a getting old thing...
Just throw it on the credit card...

Thanks for the heads up= we will fill up as far away as we can to allow for at least a half tank so we don't have to get gas so close to Disney.

Speaking of rising costs, the FL state parks started adding $7 per night to sites with electric and water as utilities charges.

FL is going to be in a world of pain if we get to $4 around my neck of the woods. This morning at my local Casey's:
Regular: $2.59
Diesel: $3.03

I saw $2.98 at the BP down the street from me. The Loves on 559 right off of I-4 was $2.89.
When we were in MD I paid $3.09 a gal last week. (Good thing I got 1,800 miles to the gal on my trip! At least in the Tahoe).

I saw $2.98 at the BP down the street from me. The Loves on 559 right off of I-4 was $2.89.
When we were in MD I paid $3.09 a gal last week. (Good thing I got 1,800 miles to the gal on my trip! At least in the Tahoe).

r.e. bold >>> 1,800 miles to the gal ???

WOW!!!
Was it all down hill and wind pushing ??

If I fill up in Daytona area I'm usually pretty good and only have to fill up once during my trip if I'm driving a lot. I usually hit up the Racetrack by Disney Springs. I use Gasbuddy.com to plan my trip and it's usually pretty accurate but if it's $4/gallon, that will likely bring my gas bill up $100 round trip

7-11 Celebration today on World Drive with McDonalds next door…
still $3.549 premium
Maybe that lottery ticket will be a winner…

NJ is averaging a little over $3 regular and $3.65 premium.
I can see that creeping to $4 over the summer 😕

in N. VA gas has been flat around 2.99 for regular. Premium gasoline users are getting fleeced at 60-80c a gallon higher, long gone are the days of paying a 20c a gallon higher price for 93 octane fuel. Diesel here also has been flat for 5 months, with July 4th, 2 week away I don't see gas prices getting to 4.xx a gallon around here unless investors start to pump up the commodity prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter