4-Day w/PH + 1 FUN...... upgrade to Platinum pass

awfpack

Mouseketeer
We went with a travel agent and booked room and a ticket for my wife (I have annual pass)
When we got the conformation number in MDE it showed the ticket with a +1. We plan on upgrading my wife's ticket to a Platinum pass. We never go to the waterparks, just the 4 main parks. Will this be a problem?
Thanks for your help.

As long as you don't use that bonus option, you should be able to upgrade to the Platinum pass and not have to upgrade to Platinum Plus. Just know, you will not be able to price bridge that ticket so there is really no advantage to purchasing that ticket through the TA and then upgrading it.

Not sure what you mean by no advantage..... the ticket was included in the package.... we are planning 2 more visits within the next year... so the cost to upgrade is much less than buying 2 more sets of 4 day PH tickets. How much credit will I get for this ticket to apply to the cost of the Platinum.

How much credit will I get for this ticket to apply to the cost of the Platinum.
If this is a convention ticket, it is difficult to know the value.

Last edited:
As long as you don't use that bonus option, you should be able to upgrade to the Platinum pass and not have to upgrade to Platinum Plus. Just know, you will not be able to price bridge that ticket so there is really no advantage to purchasing that ticket through the TA and then upgrading it.
Guests CAN price-bridge tickets that are part of a WDW resort package.

I did that but I was not sure how the +1 played in the price of the ticket. I just don't want to be forced to buy the Plat. plus pass because of the +1

I did that but I was not sure how the +1 played in the price of the ticket. I just don't want to be forced to buy the Plat. plus pass because of the +1
If you don't USE it, you won't be required to buy the higher AP.

Guests CAN price-bridge tickets that are part of a WDW resort package.

The OP is purchasing a convention ticket as part of a TA group booking. That ticket will not be price bridged to an AP.

OP, I meant there is no advantage to purchasing that ticket as it will offer you no discount toward the AP. I'm not sure why you aren't simply purchasing an AP voucher for your wife and doing room-only through the TA?

Be sure to let us know what happens.

I thought that the convention tickets couldn't be upgraded to an annual pass. I had a package booked with a travel agent with 3 day hoppers + 1 fun and told her I wanted to upgrade my ticket to an annual pass, so she rebooked it through Disney for their Sun &Fun package.

I thought that the convention tickets couldn't be upgraded to an annual pass. I had a package booked with a travel agent with 3 day hoppers + 1 fun and told her I wanted to upgrade my ticket to an annual pass, so she rebooked it through Disney for their Sun &Fun package.

They can be upgraded, but there is no cost savings in doing so. I would ask your TA to re-quote you room-only under their discount and then add in the cost of purchasing an AP voucher to see how that compares to the sun & fun package with the AP upgrade.

From Allears:

Theme Park Tickets (MEETING/CONVENTION):

· Upgrades are available at Guest Relations, Resorts & Swan and Dolphin Only

· Magic Your Way Meeting & Convention Tickets ARE upgradable. Convention Guests may modify their tickets at Guest Relations and Resorts Concierge while on-site (up to 14 days from first use as long as there are entitlements remaining). Note: When upgrading Magic Your Way Meeting & Convention Tickets, upgrades to 2-Day through 8-Day tickets are available.

· Guests wishing to upgrade Magic Your Way Meeting & Convention Tickets to Gate Priced 9-Day, 10-Day or Annual Passes may do so by paying the full price difference between the Magic Your Way Meeting & Convention Ticket price and the ticket of choice. If the Park Hopper Plus visit has been used, then the Guest must purchase a ticket with Park Hopper Plus or a Premium Annual Pass.

· Convention Epcot After 4 PM Tickets and Convention After 2 PM Tickets are not upgradable.

They can be upgraded, but there is no cost savings in doing so. I would ask your TA to re-quote you room-only under their discount and then add in the cost of purchasing an AP voucher to see how that compares to the sun & fun package with the AP upgrade.

Everything is all paid off and ready to go for 3/6 and I already made WAY too many changes with her to dare ask her for another. I may be her worst nightmare as a client. HAHA I am doing a split stay and the package was for one night at ASsports when I originally had Pop booked with her at a pretty comparable rate. After rebooking through Disney, I was even able to add the dining plan on for a one night reservation which I hadn't been able to with her agency rate. Anyway, it's good to know that I was wrong for future reference. Thanks!

Everything is all paid off and ready to go for 3/6 and I already made WAY too many changes with her to dare ask her for another. I may be her worst nightmare as a client. HAHA I am doing a split stay and the package was for one night at ASsports when I originally had Pop booked with her at a pretty comparable rate. After rebooking through Disney, I was even able to add the dining plan on for a one night reservation which I hadn't been able to with her agency rate. Anyway, it's good to know that I was wrong for future reference. Thanks!

LOL! Good to hear you got a package that worked for you at a comparable price!

So I can ask my TA to change my reservation to a room only and that would get rid of the ticket. If that happens could I just buy my wife a ticket from UT at a discount and upgrade when we arrive?

Last edited:
So I can ask my TA to change my reservation to a room only and that would get rid of the ticket. If that happens could I just buy my wife a ticket from UT at a discount and upgrade when we arrive?

Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter