• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4/30/09 Viva Italia

stultress

Earning My Ears
Is anyone else booked for the adults only Viva Italia trip starting 4/30/09? Also, could someone tell me if Disney will be sending us a detailed itinerary before we leave? When can I expect to receive something? I am anxious to know our hotels so I can do some research on Trip Advisor!

Is anyone else booked for the adults only Viva Italia trip starting 4/30/09? Also, could someone tell me if Disney will be sending us a detailed itinerary before we leave? When can I expect to receive something? I am anxious to know our hotels so I can do some research on Trip Advisor!

How exciting! Italy is beautiful. When we were on another tour, we did not receive our full itinerary until arrival/check in. We received some information and a messenger bag prior to the trip. When we checked in, they gave us a little booklet of what was to happen daily. But, they add so many surprises. Have you checked the Adventures by Disney website? They note the hotels, the places for meals, and basic itinerary there. Have a great time! Your trip will be here before you know it!

If you go to the ABD website, there is a detailed itinerary there that lists your hotels.

http://abd.disney.go.com/abd/en_US/destination?name=RomeTuscanyVeniceLandingPage#

According to that, you are staying at the Hotel Bernini Bristol in Rome, the Hotel Paggeria Medicea or the Appartamenti Nel Borgo Di Artimino in Artimino in Tuscany, and the Hotel Dei Dogi in Venice.

I guess you could be wondering which place you're staying in in Artimino, but why not throw caution to the wind, and research both? :) Have you tried calling ABD to see if they can tell you which hotel your departure will be going to?

4/30, eh? That's not that far away!

Sayhello

You will get a little booklet about 45 days out from your tour start date. If you booked through a travel agent it might be a little later. In the little booklet it will give you what to expect day by day. Not in great detail but when and what you will do in Rome, Tuscany, Florence and Venice.

Enjoy! You will meet wonderful people, see awe-inspiring sites and have the time of your life. We did it in Sept 2008 and re-live (mentally) the whole experience often. I can still see Fred and Ken hugging the wild boar in Orvieto!

Adventurers, Andiamo!
Ciao!

Edit: Take the little booklet with you on the trip. The guides are great at telling you what to expect the next day but it's nice to review it in the morning.

Thanks to everyone for your help! I was confused about the hotels because both the website and my Destinations 2009 brochure list two possible hotels for each city (Bernini Bristol or Hotel Exedria in Rome, Borgo di Artiminio or Villa Belvedere Campoli in Tuscany, and Hotel dei Dogi or Hilton Molino Stucky in Venice). I called ABD today and found out that our group will be in all the "regular" hotels for this trip (Bernini Bristol, dei Dogi, and Hotel Paggeria Medicea in Tuscany [even though that one isn't in the brochure or on the website]). Not sure why I didn't think to call them - maybe because I did book though a Travel Agent. So thanks again! One other question, if anyone can help - my understanding is that my TA is not making any money from our trip. We booked our airfare on our own. I was planning on buying her something while we are on our trip. Is that appropriate in this situation? Any ideas on gifts?

One other question, if anyone can help - my understanding is that my TA is not making any money from our trip. We booked our airfare on our own. I was planning on buying her something while we are on our trip. Is that appropriate in this situation? Any ideas on gifts?

Dotti a.k.a. wdwsos will be able to answer this one since she is a travel agent, and a darn good one by all accounts. I don't know where you got the understanding that your TA is not making any money from your trip. Why else would they be in the 'business' of travel? They have to make a living off booking these tours. You are not paying her directly but Disney is giving the TA a percentage. Having said that I believe any nice remembrance would be appreciated.

Where in the world DID I get that idea? A quick Google search showed me that there is a commission for TAs. I don't know why I thought that now. Thanks for setting me straight!

You will get a little booklet about 45 days out from your tour start date. If you booked through a travel agent it might be a little later. In the little booklet it will give you what to expect day by day. Not in great detail but when and what you will do in Rome, Tuscany, Florence and Venice.

Enjoy! You will meet wonderful people, see awe-inspiring sites and have the time of your life. We did it in Sept 2008 and re-live (mentally) the whole experience often. I can still see Fred and Ken hugging the wild boar in Orvieto!

Adventurers, Andiamo!
Ciao!

Edit: Take the little booklet with you on the trip. The guides are great at telling you what to expect the next day but it's nice to review it in the morning.

Everything Redzinner told you is So very true. WE met such wonderful friends, and it was the trip of a lifetime. ABD also has many surprises for you too.
The reason Ken and I were hugging the Wild boar was because he was cute .... LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter