3rd week in December - week before Christmas

reeddi

Mouseketeer
What can I expect in the way of crowds Dec 13th through the 20th?
Also should we do the MVMCP? What are the advantages?
We have never gone during the holidays. So, what are the not miss things?

We will be there that same week so I am also interested in knowing.... we have never been during that time of year before.

We will arrive on 12/14/03 and leave on 12/21/03. So, I too would be interested in hearing any response to this question. This will be our first Christmas season vacation at WDW. Mickey

...in 1999, from Dec 12-21.

Crowds were excellent -- which is to say, very low. Many big attractions were walk-ons, or had less than 15 minute waits.

Weather is nice, too -- a little chilly in the morning and evening, but pleasantly warm the rest of the day. Bring a sweater or jacket and long pants. Sometimes, the temps can dip into the 30s!

Anyone in The World during the holiday season should try MVMCP at least once. (For the record: we weren't that thrilled with it, but it seems were are in the minority. The snow on Main Street and the hot chocolate were great, though!)

If you can, take an afternoon just to visit some of the resorts and gawk at the trees. (The GF and WL are tops, IMHO!). The decorations are truly beautiful, all over The World, and you can't help but catch the Christmas spirit!

And in Epcot, there are international Santas strolling the World Showcase: Kringles and such representing the different cultures of each country, and telling stories of their homeland traditions. Very cool.

My family and I spent the week of December 13 - 20 last year (2002) and had a fabulous time. The weather at the beginning of the was pretty cold - we were wearing jackets at night because it was close to 45 degrees the first couple of nights but then the weather cleared up and we were wearing shorts the last half of the trip. Crowds were non-existent except for MVMCP on the Sunday night and on December 20th. The longest we waited in line for a ride was 20 minutes and that was Splash Mountain at noon on the last day. I wish we could go back the same week this year!

Also, the Christmas decorations are a wonderful bonus. Nothing like a little Disney magic to get you into the Christmas spirit.

Sounds like the weather is variable like here in California. We will be there the 12th - 18th of December. I guess we'll just have to check the forcast right before we leave. It's good to hear about the lines! That's what my "party" was hoping going that time of year. DH & family friend HATE the crowds, so that should be great!

My DD and I will be there the 14th thru the 20th...We were down there the same week in 2000 and the crowds were light and at times it seemed like you had to look to find a crowd. The weather was great the first three days and then got extremely cold for Florida the last few days, but we still enjoyed it. We went to the MVMCP and intend to this year also, just not sure what night yet, it was also a lot of fun.

Can't wait to be there...

Billybob (or anyone else) - I haven't figured out how to do the count down thing yet. Can you help me? It is so cool! Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter