3rd party tickets and magic bands

DisFam95

DIS Veteran
Lats time we went we did a package ordering tickets w/ room but this time I want to do room only and get our tickets through third party. How do you get magic bands in this case? I've read you have to link your tickets. Whats the process for this? Is there a code on the ticket I get to enter in my acct online? We don;t know where our old bands are :( Do I have to buy new ones?

Thanks!

You'll receive new MB due to your resort reservation. They'll be linked to the correct people in your MDE account automatically. When you get your tickets you enter the numbers on the back into your MDE to link them to the correct people. MDE has pictures to help you know which numbers to put in. It's easy! The MBs and tickets will be linked together through MDE.

MB actually come from making a resort reservation and have no relation to how you get your tickets at all.
Then the MB read all the info you have in your MDE account.
There is an everything MB thread somewhere here that may help explain how they work

Lats time we went we did a package ordering tickets w/ room but this time I want to do room only and get our tickets through third party. How do you get magic bands in this case? I've read you have to link your tickets. Whats the process for this? Is there a code on the ticket I get to enter in my acct online? We don;t know where our old bands are :( Do I have to buy new ones?

Thanks!

You get the magic bands because of your room reservation, not because of your park tickets. You get new ones for every resort reservation, even if you have gotten them on previous visits unless you go into the app and choose the option to decline them.

There is a code on your tickets that you enter into the MDE app which will link your tickets to your account. You need to do this prior to making your fast pass selections because you cannot do those without tickets lined to your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter