3rd/4th of July Alternate Fireworks locations INSIDE MK?

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
Our last day will be the 3rd of July and one of the reasons for coming at this time is to see the special fireworks. But it is only a 3 day trip and we generally don't dedicate too much time to waiting for shows/fireworks. I'm sure the fireworks are great from the hub, but I would imagine the buildings on main street would block most of the 360 fireworks.

What are some other places to watch from inside the park that won't require getting there too early and that will have a fairly unobstructed view of the sky all around? I remember Gaston's not having much in the way and it seems like maybe areas of Tomorrowland would be similar. Is there anywhere better I'm not thinking of?

I'm not actually sure there is a great spot to see them all unobstructed from inside the park, including the hub. The parks are designed to have things blocking the view of other areas and outside. From the hub, even if you can see down main street, the train station blocks the high altitude to a degree and there is a very delicate balance between too close that the castle blocks things and too far back that the main street buildings block things.. the back of the castle fills up a little later than the hub but it fills up just like the hub.. The castle and buildings are going to block the view of some the ones outside the front of the park.

it's interesting to look around and see stuff (time to time, it's not constant) from all directions around you but it's also exhausting to keep looking around from the inside of it when your shoulder to shoulder.. It might be one of those fireworks shows that are best seen from outside the parks, especially if you can get higher in the air like the top of contemporary. I personally like the atmosphere so I head into the park.

I wasn't into 360 video at the time but I do have one of new years even if you want to see what it looks like from center of hub to get an idea of where might be a good spot.

Watching 4th of July fireworks from Liberty Square feels very patriotic

9E9A7C31-7C5E-4BD9-A896-CFC98160D22C-9232-000007BFE4567B57_zps1eea32f8.jpg

(But isn't the greatest spot for the surrounds)

We watched them last July 3rd from the bridge going towards Gastons. We showed up maybe 20 minutes before they started and got a spot to lean up against the bridge. Had enough time to go get a drink and a snack. Will be our go to spot now. We have also watched Hallowishes near Little Mermaid ride, so nice to not have crowds.

I'm not actually sure there is a great spot to see them all unobstructed from inside the park, including the hub. The parks are designed to have things blocking the view of other areas and outside. From the hub, even if you can see down main street, the train station blocks the high altitude to a degree and there is a very delicate balance between too close that the castle blocks things and too far back that the main street buildings block things.. the back of the castle fills up a little later than the hub but it fills up just like the hub.. The castle and buildings are going to block the view of some the ones outside the front of the park.

it's interesting to look around and see stuff (time to time, it's not constant) from all directions around you but it's also exhausting to keep looking around from the inside of it when your shoulder to shoulder.. It might be one of those fireworks shows that are best seen from outside the parks, especially if you can get higher in the air like the top of contemporary. I personally like the atmosphere so I head into the park.

I wasn't into 360 video at the time but I do have one of new years even if you want to see what it looks like from center of hub to get an idea of where might be a good spot.

I get that I'm not going to find a spot where you can see everything, even from the Hub. I'm mainly just trying to make sure I don't pick a spot where most of the big bursts are blocked. If I remember correctly, from Gaston's you can see all of the Castle specific low fireworks and then many of the surrounding fireworks are visible near the Beast's castle.

Watching 4th of July fireworks from Liberty Square feels very patriotic

9E9A7C31-7C5E-4BD9-A896-CFC98160D22C-9232-000007BFE4567B57_zps1eea32f8.jpg

(But isn't the greatest spot for the surrounds)

That is such a great idea thematically!

I get that I'm not going to find a spot where you can see everything, even from the Hub. I'm mainly just trying to make sure I don't pick a spot where most of the big bursts are blocked. If I remember correctly, from Gaston's you can see all of the Castle specific low fireworks and then many of the surrounding fireworks are visible near the Beast's castle.

Most of the fireworks are going to be the high altitude fireworks firing from the same location you can see them for any other night. they are a little wider in the sky so it's not as narrow as any other day but not 360 around the park. There is also barges that come out in the lake to fire the same high altitude fireworks from the lake directly in front of the train station/docks. They close down boat traffic for about an hour or so while doing this (basically 30 minutes prior they stop boat traffic, the barges come out, fire and then return before boats are moving again on the water). There will be the fake finale and full finale where they actually fire 360 around the park.

Places I like the high altitude on any given day around the park are:
- Just outside storybook circus near the sign you walk under but where the 2 paths come together.
- near the restrooms by barnstormer. they seem to just fill the sky but your vision of the rest of the park is blocked, including the castle but you can kind of see the lake through the trees so the 360s near that spot should be great and close.
- the wooden walkway between pecos bills and btmrr, specifically the bridge between river and splash..
- behind the castle near the carousel.

I haven't made up my mind where I want to see fireworks this year as disney isn't the only choice for huge fireworks in the area. I'm lightly thinking I might come into mk on the 3rd to watch them from the backstage parking lot near tony's they open. Never seen them from there before, It should be a good angle to see all the high altitude and your closer to the lake so it's a not available every day location to try it out...

Last edited:
Places I like the high altitude on any given day around the park are:
- Just outside storybook circus near the sign you walk under but where the 2 paths come together.
- near the restrooms by barnstormer. they seem to just fill the sky but your vision of the rest of the park is blocked, including the castle but you can kind of see the lake through the trees so the 360s near that spot should be great and close.
We watched the July 3rd show from just behind the castle last year - it was good and we'd do it again, but now I'm wondering... @Accident do you think the view from the Storybook restrooms is better than behind the castle/Gaston's? I don't care about the castle - I'm all about the big fireworks.

We watched the July 3rd show from just behind the castle last year - it was good and we'd do it again, but now I'm wondering... @Accident do you think the view from the Storybook restrooms is better than behind the castle/Gaston's? I don't care about the castle - I'm all about the big fireworks.

A nice change is how I would describe it.. you can't see the rooftop fireworks at all near the castle but the high altitude fill the sky similar to how the old star wars fireworks did. For something liek the 4th, if your a fireworks person in the middle of it all behind the castle is probably the prime location for you... but a casual night, not looking to get into a great spot for the fireworks it's a nice change to see them from over there and nobody is around. I went to film them 1 night but it was creepy setting up a 360 camera pointed at the restrooms so I didn't record it..

20170302_201110(0).jpg 20170302_201145.jpg

Castle view from here:
20170302_201222.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter