37+ Days Into ROFR, anyone else?

prncssjas

Running, Disney, Aladdin...
So I am 37+ days into my RFOR period (submitted an SS offer at $129pp for a 160 point contract on 3/31). Just curious who is currently in the same long waiting boat as me? Anyone else 35+ days or more and submitted a contract in March? For those of you have experienced the longer ROFR wait (of more than 30 days), did you get good news or bad news? The wait is really becoming tough...lol. I didn't realize I needed to be made of sterner stuff than this! 😂

The actual policy is that is must be submitted for ROFR at least 30 days prior to the scheduled closing. Nothing says they have 30 days to decide.

The actual policy is that is must be submitted for ROFR at least 30 days prior to the scheduled closing. Nothing says they have 30 days to decide.
Oh I am aware! My broker told me that we always hope for 30 days but it could go longer--the waiting is tough, especially when there is the possibility that it won't work out--that's the hard part.

I was 35 days and it was good news... however, I saw a couple that were 40+ and it was bad news......:crazy2:

I was where you are - just wanting to know so we could move on... it's a painful process. Even though we passed and got a great deal, I don't think I'll ever buy resale again... I'm just too impatient.

I had one take over 30 days in 2019. I believe it was either 34 or 36 days. It did end up passing, but there had been similar that had been taken around that time. This time was only 22 days, but it was in for a high enough price that I was not too concerned about it getting taken. Closing is still a few months away though. I have bought 3 direct and this is my 4th resale contract. I had 2 taken last year - price was pretty inline when I offered, but went up by the time I was in rofr and they got taken.

I was 35 days and it was good news... however, I saw a couple that were 40+ and it was bad news......:crazy2:

I was where you are - just wanting to know so we could move on... it's a painful process. Even though we passed and got a great deal, I don't think I'll ever buy resale again... I'm just too impatient.
I think I will only ever buy resale now that I know the resale market exists. I would feel too much like a sucker buying direct and knowing the "perks" I get will never come close to the total savings. One can buy many after hours tickets and merch with almost $20,000 in savings. But thats just me. I couldn't leave all that money on the table.

So I am 37+ days into my RFOR period (submitted an SS offer at $129pp for a 160 point contract on 3/31). Just curious who is currently in the same long waiting boat as me? Anyone else 35+ days or more and submitted a contract in March? For those of you have experienced the longer ROFR wait (of more than 30 days), did you get good news or bad news? The wait is really becoming tough...lol. I didn't realize I needed to be made of sterner stuff than this! 😂
In 2020 I think it took me like 70 days to get through ROFR. We actually never heard back from ROFR and my scheduled closing date arrived (contract said to close on or before X date) and so I skipped the broker and reached out to title and was like call someone and ask if we can buy this because I’m not waiting forever. That afternoon DVC had waived ROFR and issued estoppel. DVC can move when they want to. My guess is that they’re on the fence about taking the contract which is causing the hold up. Good luck and just remember at least you have that close date as a back stop!

I think my Poly contract at the beginning of the year was in the 60s or 70s, but maybe I'm being dramatic and it was only the 50s. It passed in the end.

We got our waiver at 36 days. Even though it is an Aulani contract and everyone says that Aulani never gets taken, it was extremely difficult during the last 2 weeks. I hope you get your answer soon. : )

I got lucky and haven't had over 35 days yet. Now I'm 4 days into my third resale contract, I have a feeling it's going to take longer this time around. Just cuz it seems like that is the current pattern.

🥺 sorry, just trying to connect with others in the same boat. I didn’t realize that creating a new thread was wrong.

My comment had nothing to do with people starting new threads. I don’t understand why you started a new thread over the identical information you have posted in other spots but now in your own personal thread.

My comment had nothing to do with people starting new threads. I don’t understand why you started a new thread over the identical information you have posted in other spots but now in your own personal thread.

If you have questions about something another post has done, simply report it and mods will decide if action is needed.

Many times posters will realize that a separate thread makes more sense than asking in other ones.

Last edited:
OMG, are we running out of a thread creating resource!!! 😳

This is bad! What am I gonna do?! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter