$35 suite upgrade ?

threeboysmom

Living the dream - near Disney!
I received a card in the mail from Loews for a $35 upgrade to a suite. Since we have 3 kids, we would definately take this offer. Now, I know there are kids suites at the HRH, is this what they mean? For just $35 more a night we could stay in a kids' suite? What about Portofino or Royal Pacific - do they even have kids' suites?

Thanks!

Yes it's true! AT RPR they offer King suites. They are a one bedroom suite with a living area, etc.

Great value!

ok, I'm confused.....again:rolleyes: I am eligible for the suite upgrade as a Loew's Gold member but when I emailed Loew's about the type of suite, they said "executive suite only-maximum 3 persons" which doesn't help with our family (either 4 or 5 of us for next July) Do you think that was a "generic" answer for Loew's and didn't take in to consideration the RPR? It seems that RPR has a lot of suite types. Any ideas?

I don not think the suite upgrade incls the kids suite at any of the hotels its just an upgrade to a suite:jester:

We paid the $35 upgrade at HRH and got a kids suite. It was excellent. We tried this year at Portifino but the hotel was sold out.

Wow pretty good to get a kids suite for only $35 upgrade bet u really enjoyed it:jester: and just goes to show if its available u can be very lucky:jester:

We just got back from the HRH a couple of weeks ago and since I was a gold card member I got a $35 upgrade. Unfortunately she would not let me upgrade to a kid's suite as I had requested because I had booked at the Ent. rate of $125. So she only upgraded me to a deluxe room. This room was much larger than a standard room and had a pull out sofa. It was great for my family of 5. I'm sure other people could've gotten that type of upgrade for free, but I don't seem to be one of those lucky ones and had to pay for it.:confused: ;)

Luv2Travel, I have heard they give you a bit of trouble when it comes to upgrades when you book with the ENT rate. I hear people do better when they book with the AP, FAN, and AAA rates.

Can anyone confirm that?

We were at the RPR in July. I am Loews Gold and had a postcard offering me a FREE upgrade. I couldn't use it because I had booked at the Ent. Rate.

I had the impression that had I booked at the AAA Rate or FanClub Rate, I may have gotten the free upgrade.

I recently returned from RPR (10/24-10/26). I had the ENT rate for a standard room at $110. Although the hotel was sold out that weekend, I spoke with the manager about an upgrade to a suite or club level. He couldn't offer me anything the first night so he gave everyone in my party a free breakfast at Islands dining room. The breakfast buffet was great! The second night a room on the club level opened up. He left a message for me saying that the room was available but I would have to pay an additional $80 despite my loews platinum status because of the ENT rate. I thought that was a little steep considering I payed $50/night once at HRH for an upgrade to club while I was loews blue. This was the first time I have used the ENT rate and also the first time I have been denied a free upgrade as loews platinum. Needless to say, I didn't upgrade.

Not sure how much truth there is to this, but I was told that you have to pay at least $199 to go to club level at RPR and HRH

Ok, new to this and never been to Universal. First off, what is an ENT Rate? I got a rate of about $189 for Portofino, which I think was the AAA rate. What is involved in getting an 'upgrade', what does it cost, what's a kid's suite, and do they have those? There are 5 of us. Two adults, then 19-15 and 11. Any recommendations? Thanks.

profdsny, first make sure you join Loew's First. You can do it online here: http://www.loews-first.com/Loewsfirst.asp

With no stays, you will be a "blue" member, but, among some other perks, you are entitled to a free upgrade if one is available when you check in. The link provides all the details. You'll receive your Loew's First #, which you should include on your reservations.

With 5 people (especially since your kids are older), you may want to consider a deluxe room.

Thanks for the info and help. We are going to get in late so I doubt here will be any upgrade rooms available, however, saying that, we got into Disney at midnight last time and were upgraded. I think we have a deluxe room already, but will check into it. Thanks again.

profdsny, where are you going? Portofino is great about giving upgrades when available! They do have kid suites too.

Did you mean to ask when? We are arriving on the 26th of December. Not exactly slow season. This will be our first time staying at Universal.

Oops yes I meant "when"! Thats a great time with all the decorations and holiday happenings! I think Portofino does it best! I got a terrific upgrade at Portofino when I was Loews Blue! If you have a deluxe already booked the kids suite would be next in line for an upgrade. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter