34 days away-- who do I tip?

pghloveswdw512

Mouseketeer
I know there are threads about this, but I must not be using the right search terms because I can't find them!

We are having our Escape wedding in 34 days. :yay:

We are having the included limo, but we really didn't do anything else extra outside of the package except the MK photo shoot. With that in mind, who should we plan on tipping and how much? Do I get a gift for our planner? I found her to be helpful, but I didn't speak with her very much since our wedding was kept very minimal and basic.

Any ideas? I'm trying to get my envelopes together so I have it all in my suitcase! Thanks! :cutie:

I think tipping is more of a personal choice. We are planning on tipping everyone, especially if they do a good job. We also have been working very closely with a lot of our vendors during the planning process and developed relationships with them. However, "technically" people do not tip their florist or photog, videog, etc. I think it's a nice gesture, especially is they go above and beyond.

At a Wishes wedding I would think that a lot of people would be tipped but at an Escape wedding there's not a lot of people to be tipped, at least I don't think so. I mean, you won't be around for the cake delivery or for the people setting things up at your ceremony site, unless you leave those envelopes with your coordinator prior to things being set up.

Also, be sure that you're not double tipping, gratuity is included in certain aspects of an element's price. The lunch I am planning has a gratuity already added to the per person price so I won't need to tip anyone on the day of.

We did very little tipping for our escape wedding, but there were not a lot of other people to tip. We did tip the limo driver and Grand 1 drivers, but that's it. The flowers were at the WP when we arrived, so we couldn't have tipped if we wanted to. OUr planner was really nice, but didn't actually do that much for us that I felt merited a gift above the commission they make on a wedding. Same with the photographer - he was great, but nothing above what I expected. I suppose we could have tipped the violinist and cake server but to be honest it never even occurred to me. We did a dinner and of course the waiters were tipped.

That's what I've been thinking as well, but I'd hate to commit a wedding etiquette sin by only tipping the limo driver and the servers at our lunch reception!

Thanks!

That's what I've been thinking as well, but I'd hate to commit a wedding etiquette sin by only tipping the limo driver and the servers at our lunch reception!

Thanks!

FYI: Most of the waitstaff is already included in your contract via a service fee charge or something of that sorts. Unless they go above and beyond and you want to tip them extra!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter