3 nights/3 different resorts

Why unpack? Always wondered why anyone has to do that. For a few days in a hotel. Do you always unpack no matter how long a stay is? Even a single night, say on the drive down? Or is there a set number of nights a stay has to be before you unpack? Is it hard to just take out what you want to wear each day? That's what DH, DD, DGD and I all do. Remove 1 outfit, wear it, take it off, put it in laundry bag (which is stored in suitcase). Repeat.
Only thing unpacked, so to speak, is toiletry bag but it's just sat on bathroom counter. It's not emptied. So to repack all it involves is putting back in suitcase. And we are ready to go home or move resorts. No time spent having to get ready our last night, or last morning (or to move resorts so even 1 night at a time is no effort, was actually rather fun)
But then again, maybe others enjoy packing more than me. I do it as little as I can. One packing and then unpacking at home is enough for me.
Anyway, sincere question and things that I've always pondered when folks talking about unpacking.
To answer your sincere question upthread:
I HATE having suitcases open and around the room. I completely unpack and put everything in the drawers or closets for 2 nights or more. I am a “nester” and would not be happy with your method. It would drive me nutty and I wouldn’t relax.
To each there own

My wife and I love visiting and exploring other resorts. We normally drive from NC to Disney so having a car makes resort hopping very easy. I don't see why you would need to keep moving from resort to resort each day. If you visit one that appeals to you then stay there the next time. Between enjoying the resort and parks I don't think I would have the time to keep moving from one resort to the other.

While I love GF, if Epcot is your 1 park I’d stay at Poly. It’s a short walking path to TTC to get Epcot monorail.

I never told Disney what I was doing. Didn't even occur to me. Both stays were in my name. I'm the only member of my family with an MDE account.

good to know.

Not that I'm likely to ever have the funds to pay for two different resorts at the same time. LOL!

That's what DH, DD, DGD and I all do. Remove 1 outfit, wear it, take it off, put it in laundry bag (which is stored in suitcase). Repeat.

That’s like us. I rarely unpack unless we’re spending at least 5 nights in the same room. I figure that our suitcases are no different to big lockable drawers anyway.

In saying that, as much as I like split stays to experience different resorts, I do feel like 3 resorts in 3 days is a bit much. OP, it’s definitely doable, but given that you are there to relax and have the time to do some daytime resort hoping, I would stick with one resort.

My choice would probably be the GF, for no other reason than personal preference. I’ve walked around the Poly and didn’t see the hype. Maybe because it’s not too different from home? (I saw quite a few touches of Aotearoa/Maori culture).

If I am anywhere longer than one night, I fully unpack. We utilize packing cubes, and I travel frequently. I wipe down the drawers and put my cubes in them; I bring those thin metal hangers from the dry cleaners for my hanging items (there are never enough, and I abhor waiting for housekeeping to bring the bulky hangers).

I also do not see any draw to the Poly. Never stayed there, never will.

Why unpack? Always wondered why anyone has to do that. For a few days in a hotel. Do you always unpack no matter how long a stay is? Even a single night, say on the drive down? Or is there a set number of nights a stay has to be before you unpack? Is it hard to just take out what you want to wear each day? That's what DH, DD, DGD and I all do. Remove 1 outfit, wear it, take it off, put it in laundry bag (which is stored in suitcase). Repeat.
Only thing unpacked, so to speak, is toiletry bag but it's just sat on bathroom counter. It's not emptied. So to repack all it involves is putting back in suitcase. And we are ready to go home or move resorts. No time spent having to get ready our last night, or last morning (or to move resorts so even 1 night at a time is no effort, was actually rather fun)
But then again, maybe others enjoy packing more than me. I do it as little as I can. One packing and then unpacking at home is enough for me.
Anyway, sincere question and things that I've always pondered when folks talking about unpacking.
Our trips are 10-14 days so I unpack. It would drive me crazy living out of suitcase. And rummaging around in it makes everything a mess. So going home I’d have to re-pack anyway.
I just bought a set of packing cubes, for this trip so will see if that helps with organizing.

Our trips are 10-14 days so I unpack. It would drive me crazy living out of suitcase. And rummaging around in it makes everything a mess. So going home I’d have to re-pack anyway.
I just bought a set of packing cubes, for this trip so will see if that helps with organizing.
They are a difference maker. We've used them for years

My guess it the OP has DVC points to use and there isn't availability all in one resort. If all you can find it those three resorts, waitlist the other two days separately at one of the three resorts (my pick is Poly or GF) and hope they go through.

I wouldn't unpack for a 3-night trip, other than getting toiletries and the next day's clothes out. Resort exploring is fun. I would not rely on Disney transportation or Bell Services for luggage - get a rental car & pack your luggage in it. If you do use Disney transportation, bring a small carry-on suitcase and have a plastic bag for your dirty clothes.

I've not stayed at any of the three resorts, but I would think that one could sleep in, relax at the pool, etc. before check out of the first resort and before heading to the next one.

In April of 2016, we spent one night at Coronado (day in AK park), moved to the Disney Springs Hilton for two nights (one of those days was MK Park, the other was spent in Disney Springs/at a conference), and then one night at AKL.

My cousin and I enjoyed seeing three different resorts. My husband would have hated it had he been with us. To each their own!

I think it's too much moving for 3 days when only one day is a park day.

I don't need to completely unpack but all of my toiletries need to be unpacked. With a lot of hair and lotions repacking them 3 times would be a PIA to me.

They are a difference maker. We've used them for years
I bought a set of 3, L,M,S. is this enough or do I need 2 sets do you think? I bought Sharper Image set at Winners (Canadian TJ Max) but was online yesterday looking for another set and saw bad reviews for that brand, ugh mostly ripping.

I bought a set of 3, L,M,S. is this enough or do I need 2 sets do you think? I bought Sharper Image set at Winners (Canadian TJ Max) but was online yesterday looking for another set and saw bad reviews for that brand, ugh mostly ripping.
Mostly depends on 1, how many are using them and 2, how long your trip is. That set is enough for 1 for a trip of a week, or less. Anything more and I need 2 L for myself.

And yes, brand does matter in my experience. I have mostly eBags brand, which are excellent. I also have a set of Amazon brand, which appear to be about the same as the eBags. Then I have another set that is much cheaper, but looks the same. These are awful. They haven't ripped but the fabric edges along the seams unravel badly so the threads are always getting caught in the zipper. That never happens with the others, and they are much older. The cheap ones did that from the start.

Mostly depends on 1, how many are using them and 2, how long your trip is. That set is enough for 1 for a trip of a week, or less. Anything more and I need 2 L for myself.

And yes, brand does matter in my experience. I have mostly eBags brand, which are excellent. I also have a set of Amazon brand, which appear to be about the same as the eBags. Then I have another set that is much cheaper, but looks the same. These are awful. They haven't ripped but the fabric edges along the seams unravel badly so the threads are always getting caught in the zipper. That never happens with the others, and they are much older. The cheap ones did that from the start.
It’s just for me. My daughter parks her own suitcase! Maybe I’ll give her the ones I bought and buy more for me on Amazon. Prime Day is coming :scratchin My trip is a month. Ft lauderdale first before WDW. But I pack same as a 2 week trip and do laundry. Before we leave for WDW I’ll have everything washed and ready for WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter