3 night cruise...what do I miss for Remy?

DarkImage4

Earning My Ears
Our first time on the Dream in 3 days and there are many openings still available for Remy. If we were to miss one of our regular rotation meals for this experience, which one would you give up?

Our first time on the Dream in 3 days and there are many openings still available for Remy. If we were to miss one of our regular rotation meals for this experience, which one would you give up?

If you are traveling without children I would skip Animator's but if you have children then I would skip Enchanted Garden.

You may want to look over the menus to see which is less appealing to you.

I would skip REMY until you come back and plan a 4 day or longer. If Disney cruising is new to you, I love ALL the restaurants and MOST ESPECIALLY Animator's Palette! Different strokes, folks! We had zero kids in our dining group of 7 and we were so sad that we missed Turtle Talk @ EPCOT the day before, imagine our delighted surprise when we got it anyway with dinner!!

If you have already cruised the Dream, than you already know which restaurants you like more or less. If you haven't cruised it, I would save the up sale places for another cruise. I realize others will disagree, but when you have been on other cruise lines (like CCL) these dining rooms are all still great with lots of options. We might splurge at WDW where dining isnt already included (recommend the Wave at Contempory, great mid priced and nice atmosphere) but we don't like to pay extra when nice dining is already included. And Remy is tops $$ for just about any of the cruise lines!

I'd wait for a time when you have experienced all the MDRs already. AP is NOT just for kids! (To me, that's like saying Disney cruising is for kids?! Or princess photos?! I mean, it may not be your thing, but that's waayy too general a statement to make! At least I think so...)

i'd wait for a time when you have experienced all the mdrs already. Ap is not just for kids! (to me, that's like saying disney cruising is for kids?! Or princess photos?! I mean, it may not be your thing, but that's waayy too general a statement to make! At least i think so...)

As you said, "different strokes for different folks"...............

No one said AP is just for kids. I'm glad you enjoy it but I find it very loud and rather annoying. We were surrounded by 3 screens on our last cruise and we didn't care for it, however, my DH enjoys the menu so we skipped EG to be able to enjoy Palo. Our kids enjoyed AP when we cruised with them and I'm sure they will next year also. :)

I think you may be reading entirely too much into MY opinion that I would skip AP if I wasn't traveling with kids. It is after all, my opinion. I don't believe that is anything like saying DCL is just for kids or having character photos is just for kids. Why would my DH and I have cruised solo if we thought DCL was just for kids? that's waayy too general a statement to make! At least I think so...

Some people enjoy the upcharge restaurants whether it be their first cruise or their tenth cruise. I understand you would wait until 4 night or longer but again that's YOUR opinion but not everyone agrees. It's a good thing this board is here for us to express our DIFFERENT opinions. ;)

I would do Remy the 2nd night. The first night you're just getting settled, and your dressy clothes may not have been delivered to your room in time to get them pressed.

The last night you'll be busy packing (heavy sigh) so I would just do Remy the night in the middle.

I would do Remy the 2nd night. The first night you're just getting settled, and your dressy clothes may not have been delivered to your room in time to get them pressed.

The last night you'll be busy packing (heavy sigh) so I would just do Remy the night in the middle.

2nd night sounds about right to me, as a 3 night cruise will go by so quickly. Dining at Remy is a wonderful experience, that if possible (IMO) shouldn't be missed. We've dined there 3 times & will be hitting our 4th on our NYE cruise. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter