3 day Bahamas Cruise

Jez123

Earning My Ears
I wonder if anyone could help? I have stumbled across the idea of adding a last minute 3 night Bahama's cruise from Cape Canaveral while we are in Orlando. On the face of it the prices look fine but I dont really know what is included and what extra costs I would have to factor in? I cant even tell if the food is included or whether this is an extra? Can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect before I maybe make an expensive mistake?

Is it a Disney cruise on the Wonder your are looking at?
Have a look thru this thread of mine, cruise report starts here on page 19. This is the Magic 7 nights but its similar. Post#287 gives you an idea of whats included.
Ask if you want to know anything else, done 2x 4 nights on Wonder and 3x 7 nights on Magic. Plus plenty others on here have cruised. Also done 2x 4 nights RCCL a lot cheaper but not quite as good as Disney IMO.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249674&page=19

Forgot to say if at all possible do 4 nights not 3, 1st day you dont get on until early afternoon, last day off around 8-9am so really its a 2 day cruise.

Thanks for your response, Its a 3 day with Royal Carribean Cruiselines. Not too worried about 3 day really being a 2 day as it sorts of ties in with our schedule. Also as as we have never cruised before we are not sure if the kids (15,11) would get bored. At this stage, we are concerned about whether any extra costs we need to factor in, will make it unviable.

We did our first cruise in May - it was great! Food and soft drinks are included (even room service!), evening stage shows and fireworks are included, the on board cinema. Everything really! All you need extra for is shore excursions if you choose to do any, and things like treatments in the beauty salon if you want them!:thumbsup2

Royal Caribbean do not include Soda like Disney. You can buy a Soda package but you need to drink quite a bit of soda to make it work. Other difference is you can't take your own alcohol onboard like you can with Disney so that again can increase the cost.
Main cost is tips. http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/
For 4 people on a 3 night cruise the suggested tips are $117.00. As with all tipping its your choice. Last trip on Disney we tipped full amount to server 2/3rds suggested to Assistant and 1/3rd to room host(he was not great) but then tipped other positions that are not on the list, like drinks server in bar who was great.
Doubt they will have time to get bored on a 3 night cruise. Although 15 is an awkward age for cruising IMO, some will like it some won't. My 15 year old loves cruising.
Food on RCCL is mainly included, there are a few places with a surcharge but you don't have to eat there, we never got beyond the outstanding buffet, never tried Table service as buffet was so good. Also room service is included just tip a couple of $ when they bring it.
Depending on time of year RCCL short cruises are dirt cheap and definitely worth trying.

tips are a large cost but they are voluntary, automatic tips can be cancelled at anytime at the pursers office, u can then tip in cash whatever u think is deserving.

I wasn't aware that you could take your own alcohol onboard a disney cruise ;)

Only cruiseline in the world you can as far as I know. Only carry on though, can't be packed in checked luggage.
We drink Vodka & coke so take a bottle of vodka and get free cokes cuts down on alcohol bill although still spent enough on the cocktails of the day.

Thanks for your help everyone, its certainly been informative. Am now thinking that as we go in less than 3 weeks it might be too much to sort and plan for in addition to the other stuff we want to do. We only booked the trip 10 days ago, so already a lot of planning to pack in to a short run-up!! Will certainly have it on my list for the next trip though!!!!

No problem, if you do decide to do it give me a shout if you need help finding a good price, cruising Oct/Nov is usually very cheap and can be booked in no time at all.

Only cruiseline in the world you can as far as I know. Only carry on though, can't be packed in checked luggage.
We drink Vodka & coke so take a bottle of vodka and get free cokes cuts down on alcohol bill although still spent enough on the cocktails of the day.

:thumbsup2 sounds like my kind of plan ! thanks Wayne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter