3 adults on Dream - HAVE to get a verandah room?

TJDisneymama

DIS Veteran
I don't want a Verandah room with my crazy 5 year old, I want Oceanview. Oceanview deluxe family room is available for 4 of us (it says sleeps 3-5). But my sister may want to come along and when i add the 3rd adult, the only options are Verandah. I don't want a Verandah room and I *really* don't want to pay an extra $200/pp. for something I don't want. So is that the only option for 3 adults/2 kids?

I don't want a Verandah room with my crazy 5 year old, I want Oceanview. Oceanview deluxe family room is available for 4 of us (it says sleeps 3-5). But my sister may want to come along and when i add the 3rd adult, the only options are Verandah. I don't want a Verandah room and I *really* don't want to pay an extra $200/pp. for something I don't want. So is that the only option for 3 adults/2 kids?

How about checking for 2 rooms? With that number, you'd need the extra space.

:cutie:

The cruise you are trying to book may have no oceanview rooms left that sleep 5 people. So in your case, you may have to book a verandah to sleep 5 people.

How about an OV & an Inside? That gives you the OV you want & an extra bathroom, which is a big plus for 5 travelers. And if the kids need to nap or go to bed early, you have extra space. You may be able to get the rooms across from each other, depending upon how early you are booking. Either way, have a great cruise! :love:

The cruise you are trying to book may have no oceanview rooms left that sleep 5 people. So in your case, you may have to book a verandah to sleep 5 people.

the rooms that are available when I put in 4 of us say that they sleep 3-5 people.....

the rooms that are available when I put in 4 of us say that they sleep 3-5 people.....

When DCL makes a reservation they look at 3 things:
1) Is there space in the room you are trying to book for everyone?
2) Is there space in the lifeboat that that room is assigned to?
3) Is there space in the appropriate kids program (if applicable)?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, they will not let you make the reservation.

So, even if a room does sleep 5, if the lifeboat for that room is already full, they will not let you put 5 people in it.

:cutie:

How about an OV & an Inside? That gives you the OV you want & an extra bathroom, which is a big plus for 5 travelers. And if the kids need to nap or go to bed early, you have extra space. You may be able to get the rooms across from each other, depending upon how early you are booking. Either way, have a great cruise! :love:

great idea! YDD does still nap.... (and so do I when on vacation, lol). Let me check the prices for that....

In addition to what Princess Shmoo said, that means some can sleep up to 3, some up to 4 and some up to 5. A single person or a couple could also book those rooms, not only groups 3-5 people. In fact all rooms sleep at least 3 people.
The ones that sleep up to 5 in your category may be sold out.

The category you are booking has rooms that sleep either 3 (no ceiling bunk), 4 (ceiling bunk but no extra murphy bed) or 5 people (ceiling bunk AND murphy bed). Not every room in the category sleeps 5. DCL computer knows how many 5 person parties are already booked in that category and if you get bumped when you add a 5th person then there are no more 5 person rooms available in that category.

Sorry! But good to know now rather than if you tried to add her after you were already booked (though availability could change by then).

great idea! YDD does still nap.... (and so do I when on vacation, lol). Let me check the prices for that....
When we were traveling as a family of 5, that is what we did. The extra space & bathroom were a necessity, esp when getting showers after the pool, before dinner, etc. It came in handy for naps & if someone wanted to go to bed early or sleep in. Hope it works out for you! I think 3 adults & 2 kids in one room would be very very crowded! IMHO!

that actually works out best and there's cabins available right next to each other! It's less $$ for us to get the 2 rooms then to get 1 verandah room! although it looks like our 2nd child that I put into the inside room will have to pay the adult price (only like $150 more). But otherwise if I put just my sister in the inside room herself, her price would be $970 vs. $584.
Thanks for the idea!

that actually works out best and there's cabins available right next to each other! It's less $$ for us to get the 2 rooms then to get 1 verandah room! although it looks like our 2nd child that I put into the inside room will have to pay the adult price (only like $150 more). But otherwise if I put just my sister in the inside room herself, her price would be $970 vs. $584.
Thanks for the idea!
Welcome! I'm so glad it worked out that you could book 2 cabins next to each other! You can ask them to link the KTTW cards too, so you both have access to both cabins. (Hope that makes sense!) I know you will love the extra space & bathroom! It is well worth the $150 extra it cost & you'll have closet space too! You did the smart thing...putting one child w/your sister...now you have an option for sleeping early or late...HAPPY DISNEY MEMORIES ON YOUR CRUISE! Thanks for letting us know!

On our last cruise we had a oceanview deluxe cabin but it slept 4 - Queen bed, sofa and murphy bed. There was not a pull down berth. We only had DH and I in the room and I loved the extra space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter