• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3/9ers Soon to be on the Magic

plutospup

<b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu
DD4 cut another link off of her countdown chain...only 5 more days until we leave!
I've been unable to see any new responses to the other 3/9 thread since Friday, and also have been unable to submit any new replies.
Hopefully, everyone is doing well with their packing! We have clothing, snorkle gear, and stuff EVERYWHERE!:D

yes I have been having problems too.....We are getting too excited...Friday cannot come soon enough....only 3 days of work
to go....yipee....

...and to think, they actually expect to get productive work from us this week. HA! Mentally, we're already at sea!

We started packing last night. I had to snowblow about a foot of snow today in the driveway. Wonder what I'll be doing this time next Sunday. Bet it won't be blowing snow. Since we get in about 3:30 next Friday, my dw realized there's time to do some shopping (Oh Joy). Is there a nice outlet mall between the airport and the Radisson? I see Belz is the other way. Is that the best outlet mall?

Kume, my DW loves to shop. She loves the Belz outlets, especially the Disney stores (there are 2). Occasionally, she's picked up DCL merchandise. They are the opposite way from the port, but might be worth the trip for a true shopper. She could always check out the Ron Jon shop in Cocoa.

There is a new outlet center called Premier Outlets that is a little closer than Belz. It is right off of the 417 at International Drive. Lots of stores, I don't know about Disney. Definitely Adidas, Nike, Polo, Coach, etc.......

Lots of happy shoppping!:D

my dh, son, and myself have all been sick. We leave Thursday and have a ton to do. I had a nightmare while sick that I left my cruise doc. and all other papers at home and spent the whole night trying to get them back, can't even get sick without thinking about the cruise LOL.

I have a stack going but really need to get serious since our plane leaves at 4:30 on Thursday. Can't believe it is about to happen.

in september 2000, dh and i went to disneyana at wdw and were following it up with the 4-day on the wonder. i left our passports at home! had the cruise docs, just not our ids. fortunately, we had left the moms at home with our boys and my mom was able to send them off to us at the contemporary. what a panic, though!

i've begun the packing process. for me, that means stacking clothes in the guest room and pulling stuff together that needs to be packed. i expect i'll actually put stuff in the suitcases on wednesday when my 3yo is at school and i can devote some time to it.

still have to buy a pair of dress socks for middle ds. i think that's about the only thing i need. all in all, i feel in good shape (for once!).

Maybe I will forstall nightmares or WORSE - actually forgetting our papers - by putting them where they need to be now! Thanks for the reminder. Happy packing. See y'all Saturday!:cool:

now there's a thought <heading for bedroom to put docs in carry-on>.....

:bounce:

We will be leaving Thursday as soon as we all get home from school and work. Hopefully we will get a chance to meet some of you all at the Radisson Friday.
Just like the rest of you, it was a big packing weekend. All are packed in my house now, but me. But it is all together...
Shopping.....now that's an idea...I have more than enough packed, but there is always room for more STUFF.
Got a busy week, how I will get it all done with DCL on my mind I do not know....But I better try, I can not leave if I don't finish....
See you all soooooooon.....

DD4 just cut another link off of her countdown chain...only 4 more days!!!

all of our clothes were dropped off for pressing today....one more
thing to cross off our list....I dont like ironing so I opt to pay a
few bucks to have someone do it for me....I would be ironing for
3 hours if I sat there doing it.....less than 4 days for us as we
leave friday morning!!!!! woohoo!!!

come on, folks! we've got to keep this on the first page!!

i think i'm finally ready to start packing. need to pop out today, get pull-ups, cough syrup and kids' prescriptions. after that, just need to decide what t-shirts i'm taking and start packing to see if i can do it in 2 suitcases and a hang-bag! i should to it in 3 suitcases just so we have room to bring the inevitable extra "stuff" home.

how's everyone else doing? able to do it in less than 3 suitcases?

We are well on our way to being done packing! I picked up all of our travel size shampoos, etc. and I am soooo ready to leave on Friday! We are staying at the Embassy Suites, not the Radisson though. Anyone joining us? I always feel like I forgot something! I feel like I know you all already, so I am looking forward to seeing you on the 9th!

Dana D and family (dh, dd6, ds3)!!!

Now is that 3 suitcases per person? I'm sure we will have 2 suitcases & carryon/person. We don't know how to travel light - even when we try! Remember the birth certificates & tickets!...and socks & belt for the suits, and black shoes!!!!! So much to remember, so little time. Thank goodness for DW! She keeps things organized.

I am hoping to get us in 1 29 inch suitcase, 1 26 inch suitcase and then 2 small roll aboards......we shall see....oh yeah and a
garment bag....still seems like alot!!!!....2 full days....wow...I didnt
think it would get here and now it is going to get here too soon...
still so much to do....but am getting more excited every minute!!!!

We haven't even started packing yet...I'm so ashamed. We won't pack until Thursday night. We've been busy getting the house cleaned up so we won't come home to a mess. Also my DW's 13 year old Siamese cat picked this week to get really sick and he is spending his second night in the Kitty Hospital. Lousy timing huh? I just hope he recovers before we leave

Luckily, we only have to drive 2 hours to get to the Dolphin Hotel in Orlando on Friday afternoon so I don't have to think to much about the travel part.

It is SO hard to concentrate at work! I REALLY need this vacation.

Both my DW, my DS and I are looking forward to meeting all of you on Saturday.

johnf
:smooth:

...for everyone to look for a sign on deck 10 above the goofy pool (mid-ships) saying something to the effect of "DIS Meet". i may even have it print on lime green paper! i figure we'll head up there after the safety drill is over and we have returned our life jackets to our room.

as some of y'all may know, we are booked in the walt disney suite. once we've set sail (our tradition is to stand at the bow (well, as close as we can since you can't actually stand at the bow), have a drink of the day, blow bubbles and wave at all the people standing on the shore as we sail past), we are offering tours of the suite (before it gets 3-boys messy) for anyone interested in seeing it. tim and i discussed entry fees, but decided in the interest of not having to have change that we'd open our doors this once :D free of charge! seriously, we don't want to appear snobbish, but if we were on the ship and knew someone who was in a cat 1, we'd want to go sneak a peek. this way, you won't have to sneak...just knock and come on in!

i'm off to bed for a good night's rest before tackling packing tomorrow. TTFN!

just thought i'd repost the list of DISers that will be on the Magic on saturday:

Johnf, DW and DS (almost 6), Palm Harbor, FL - first cruise, late seating - staying at dolphin night before

Pluto's Pup, DW, & DD4, Milton PA - staying at radisson night before

Magic (43), DH (46), DS (11), MS – late seating - flying in thursday, staying at portofino @ universal

Wfp, ?, 16yo, FL – 3rd cruise

dizneykids (Beth), dh (42), ds (9), ds (8), ds (3). Plano, TX – 5th cruise, late seating - staying at airport hyatt night before

MartyP, dh, ds-13, dd-10, dd-3, dm(mom), Port Neches, TX – 2nd cruise, late seating - flying in morning of cruise

txtara, DH, DD8, DD2 turning 3 on boat, MIL, FIL, Bedford, TX - staying at radisson night before

vickiered, DH, DD(11), DD(3), Wake Forest, NC – first cruise - staying at radisson night before

nordy, ?, DD(8), DS(4), Plano, TX - flying in morning of cruise

joshua4 (Lauren), my DH, DS (5.5), DD (1.5) - first cruise - staying at radisson night before

wendyandgoofy, DH, DS8 and DS 9, Houston, TX - staying in Kissimmee night before

Aurora3 (43), dd (8 on 3/8!) and my dgm/her dg-gm (81), San Antonio, TX/CA - staying at airport hyatt night before

Momtoemma, dd (8 on March 4), dniece 8, dnephew 10, dgm, db and dsil, Toronto, Canada - early seating - flying in day of

Emilyc, Bill (DH), DS (6), DS (8) driving from southern Illinois staying at the Radisson, late seating, kids first cruise (and they are excited!) our first Disney cruise

pixiedust519 (alyssa)

kume (jack), dw, dd, dsil, dgd7, dgs4, Oakville, Ont - staying at radisson the night before

scubadad (DH-jeff), DW, DS 12, DD 7 - second cruise

(my friends) Lois, Bob, mil, fil, ds (12), ds (7), Plano, TX - first cruise, late seating

Pat, dw, ds (7), ds (6), Memphis, TN - first cruise - late seating

Dana D, DH, DD 6 and DS 3, Rhode Island - Second Magic Cruise - Staying at the Embassy Suites the night before and the AKL for 3 nights after

anyone have any additions/changes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter