2questions: Room rate reductions & kid with sensory problem

littlesuitcase

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone - we are heading to WDW Feb 4th - first time for our family. We are currently booked at Pop Century but now my DH says he might want to stay at a spot that has a gym so he can continue his workouts. Any suggestions as to what resorts have this kind of facility and if they have them do the rooms ever come up as a reduced rate?

Second question - our son has a number of sensory problems. I once read that there are special previsions made for kids like this. Does anyone know if this is so and if it is what I have to take with me. A letter from the sensory Occupational Therapist?

THanks

the Yacht and Beach Club has a gym...I *THINK* that WDW resort guests are allowed to use it, for a small fee. Obviously, if you're staying there, you can use it.

As for your second question...
Head over to the DISabilities Board...lots of GREAT information!

Do a search on a GAC - Guest Assistance Card.
This may or may not be applicable for your little guy. Our two boys have ASD/SID..WDW had helped create some magical moments for us:)

HTH!
:sunny:

I agree with the last poster, check the disABILITIES board. There is a ton of info. over there on GAC's etc. I have a child with sensory issues as well and we recently got back from our first family WDW vacation. The cm's were amazing with DD7. So amazing in fact we are planning our next trip already.

Please pm me with any specific questions .

Suzy V.

Also: Tell your DH that NO GYM IS REQUIRED (just teasing). But seriously, IMHO, just walking around disney/swimming in the great pools is a work out in itself!!! I lost 8 pounds without even trying!!!! :D

Suzy V.

Coronado Springs is a moderate resort that has a gym. I've gotten reduced rates there before but it depends how busy it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter