2nd time questions-character performer

deek05

Earning My Ears
My daughter is considering doing the program again. She went seasonal and has worked 40-50 hours. Her question is if she does the CP again would she have to audition to be a character performer? Thanks

I am interested in hearing responses from others to your question. My daughter is a character performer now who extended for the spring. Her understanding is that she would indeed have to re-audition if she came again later in her college career. Her understanding is that she would not be able to do the Summer Alumni as a character performer. She is strongly considering applying for seasonal.

Yes, she would need to re-audition. Reason being... there are roles set aside specifically for CPs and there are roles for Seasonal. Even though they seem to be interchangeable, it's all based on head count (and it's no secret CPs are paid less).

So for a position in a CP role, she would have to audition - and will likely go through training again.

My very good friend did the CP 3 times as a Character Performer (remained Seasonal between all programs), and did the audition/training process 3 times. Now she's off to Japan, where she'll get trained again!

As for the Summer Alumni Program - only high need roles are available for this program (such as F&B, Custodial), Character Performer is not traditionally included.

My daughter is checking in on 2/20 as a character performer. Can you share with me what roles CP performers generally receive?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter