• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

25 and 50 $ DINGs to Orlando!!

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
In case some of you don't frequent the transportation board, there are 25 and 50 dollar dings right now on Southwest. Happy traveling!!

Where is this from? I checked my Ding (from NC) and didn't see any.

Can I ask what a DING is? From reading the Boards I understand that it's a discount airfair, but what does it stand for? Any specific airlines?

At southwest.com, you can download a little program that sits on your computer. It checks the rates at Southwest for specials for your location and if there is any special deals, it "dings" and pops up a little notification. It runs in the system tray on your screen. It's just a way for Southwest to let you know if there are any special rates for your location. $25 and $50 rates from Raleigh, NC would be fantastic, but I haven't been "dinged" about them. So I'm figuring it must be somewhere pretty close to Orlando.

These expired last night at 9. Sorry! The DING is a program that you can download from Southwest Airlines that will alert you to sales on airfare flying with Southwest. Go to their website and download, you can get some terrific deals sometimes if you are lucky.

Where is this from? I checked my Ding (from NC) and didn't see any.

They expired at 9:00 CST last evening. Keep checking your DING though, in case they come back.

I was able to get tickets for $25 each way from Nashville, so I'm taking a spur of the moment trip w/ ds in June. I just called MS, and was able to get a studio at OKW. :cool1:

I love DVC!!!! :cheer2:

Thank you all for that information!! Southwest is the only airline that flys direct to Orlando from the small city we live in, so this would be great for us!

Wish I could have booked it! they had Chicago to Orlando for $50 each way...sigh.

Are the DINGs usually short-notice trips, or do they vary in length of notice (ie, would you see fall dates on a DING in Apr or May, etc?)

we were looking at going during memorial weekend and on monday memorial day it was $135, and we couldnt come home tuesday $50, because finals start :(

kdzgon it seems like the Dings are for May 1- May 30 or May 1 - June 28, which was chgo to Orlando. You only get a few hours to buy, once the time runs out, you are out of luck until the next Ding, but doesnt guarantee a discount for Orlando. My Ding today did not have Orlando.

They expired at 9:00 CST last evening. Keep checking your DING though, in case they come back.

I was able to get tickets for $25 each way from Nashville, so I'm taking a spur of the moment trip w/ ds in June. I just called MS, and was able to get a studio at OKW. :cool1:

I love DVC!!!! :cheer2:

Hey neighbor! I'm over here in Huntsville. Would you mind letting me know about this if it comes up again?? ;)

I'm really happy to hear there are deals we can take advantage of -- I thought they were always for up north.

Have a great time!!! :thumbsup2

Kristen

:cool1: :banana:

We have over 50 family members coming together in June for our Family Reunion.

We were able to get Dings y-day from CA ($99 each way), Cleveland ($50 each way) Detroit ($50 each way NS!!).

Plus Hertz and Avis are offering drive away deals til the end of June so we may fly in and drive back. (staying 2 weeks and a car for 2 weeks is $212 and return it in Texas)

Hey neighbor! I'm over here in Huntsville. Would you mind letting me know about this if it comes up again?? ;)

I'm really happy to hear there are deals we can take advantage of -- I thought they were always for up north.

Have a great time!!! :thumbsup2

Kristen

ROFL... it is a small world, isn't it??? I noticed your "currently AL" tag. Are you here because of Redstone? DH is military, and we're assigned here for now. I'll make sure to send you a special message the next time a good DING becomes available, lol. :cool2:

It's really easy to set up the program on your computer (right on Southwest's site). I have it set so that it will check both Nashville and Birmingham. We usually fly Delta out of Huntsville because of convenience, but somehow, for $50 RT, Nashville suddenly seems pretty convenient. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter