24 hour Leap Day? No thank you!

There is absolutely not one thing that has the possibility for appealing to the masses in this announcement. The problem is Disney billed this for weeks as a "huge" announcement. If they hadn't made such a fuss about it, it would have been a few neat things. People wouldn't be complaining. It would have been a "Look what Disney is doing to celebrate leap year- that's fun". The problem is their marketing department screwed up and billed something small and kind of fun as something "Huge".

DITTO. Well said! It's just silly they would boast about a promotion that is too short and only a few can take advantage off due to resort capacity. I've stayed till 3am on EMH evenings. It's fun, but I don't get the fuss over 3 extra hours. I also got to have a very late night at DL years ago for Grad Night. Sure it was fun, but I don't think I have that kind of energy anymore. Perhaps if they did the 24 hour thing once a week on alternative days or something?

Oh well. Lame promotion.

And if I win the contest, I will be happy. But I still will think that this is a lame promotion. ;)

It is great that they are giving away the 60 trips....BUT, itd be better if the link would actually work, and I could actually enter it. :scared1:

As nice as that may seem, they should have spent more time on a focus where there was more than a 60 in a billion chance at winning :guilty:....at least if there was a big discount....(3 days get one free NOT what I consider a big discount) people could actually know they were going, not just wish they will win!!! :guilty::guilty:

Im bummed.

at least you're from an eligible country!

There is absolutely not one thing that has the possibility for appealing to the masses in this announcement. The problem is Disney billed this for weeks as a "huge" announcement. If they hadn't made such a fuss about it, it would have been a few neat things. People wouldn't be complaining. It would have been a "Look what Disney is doing to celebrate leap year- that's fun". The problem is their marketing department screwed up and billed something small and kind of fun as something "Huge".

They had to though! As it appeals to so few people, they had to make sure they had the attention of those few people!

Well I just made my reservations. We already had plans to go to New Orleans and on a cruise for our 40th Anniversary starting on March 2. So we will begin our trip a couple of days earlier. Staying at All Star Music and going to the MK for 24 hours (we won't be there the entire period). Really excited about this addition to our plans.

It is great that they are giving away the 60 trips....BUT, itd be better if the link would actually work, and I could actually enter
Im bummed.

Try turning off your pop up blocker.

And yeah, 3 plus 1 free is a 25% discount. I would rather see a 35-40% pin in my mailbox.

My theory on why it's a promotion that only runs through Feb is that they wanted something to bring people in during their slowest period....they seem to have boosted attendance during all the other formerly slow periods. Even Sept had sold out MNSSHP's and quite a few busy days this year, even though there were still some empty Sept days....
While the book 3 get one free promotion (and I predicted it would be this in the old thread, though I was thinking a year long promotion) is not such a great deal since people get better ones all the time, there are many people unfamiliar with WDW that always wanted to go and may think that this promotion is their big chance to go.

If I was a local or already had a trip planned, I might just stay at the park for 24 hours if it wasn't too crowded. I see nothing wrong with this as long as it's not the main event of their promotion.

another way to enter is text disneyday to 347639. you can enter once a day

I think it is a good thing for many Florida residents and for those with vacations planned for that date. Can't see many people jumping to book a trip just for this one majorly crowded day.

I was so excited about this "huge" announcement and honestly free dining periods are more hand-flapping worthy. You couldn't pay me enough to be in the park Leap Day when it's open 24 hours. Tired children melting down at 3 am with frustrated parents determined to get their money's worth? It stains my brain when I see parents disciplining tired children who can't express their needs. Maybe the older set would dig it, but my parents always told me nothing good happens after midnight. I'm sticking to it.

(Still love you, Disney)

Agree with ya 100% and can you imagine what these poor young kids will be like ther following day when parents want to go back to a park and kids still tired??? :confused3 would say maybe OK for teens and adults with no little ones. but was a big disapointment. :lmao:

thank you! and everyone shouldnt forget they are giving away 60 free vacations valued at 6500.00 each. how many people who are complaining have entered that already? what if you actually won one, would you still be complaining???:confused3

It's all very selfish every single person complaining the root of the complaint is that it's not good for them.

I feel like many people would still find something to complain about.

It's all very selfish every single person complaining the root of the complaint is that it's not good for them.

I feel like many people would still find something to complain about.

If Disney just came out and said "we're giving away a bunch of trips" and I was irritated that I didn't win, then you'd be right.

But Disney rolled out a campaign to drum up interest in this new promotion. It turns out to be a rather lame disappointment of a deal. I don't find it odd at all that people are vocally disappointed. They built the expectation level way up and under-delivered. THAT is the issue.

Shocking I tell you...not a single negative comment about the promo on the Disney Parks blog...not even the politely written one I submitted this afternoon. A far cry from the dearth of negative responses on their Facebook page.

Disney marketing execs' moms must not have told them the story about the Boy who Cried Wolf. Don't create a buzz and let it end up being a gnat f*rt. ;) Next time I'll just wait to read the responses and not watch some lame programming.

I said to DH, I would totally love to go only if we had a baby sitter! There is no way I'd attempt that with a child, heck I'm not sure if I'd even want to do it with DH!

I totally agree and can I say that I LOVE your "from NJ and proud" comment near your avatar :goodvibes.

Also, the site is currently having technical difficulties so you can't enter the contest right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter