23,148 points!

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
That is how much it would cost to stay in an OKW GV for an entire year, Jan-Jan. hmmmm, let's do the math. To buy that many points would cost ( and if my long hand math is wrong, please correct me) $1,860,432.00 That is buying direct from Disney. You could buy multiple resale contract to equal the 22,148 points, and would come out less. The annual dues on that many points at OKW figured at $3.50 a point comes out to $77,518.00 a year.

I used to always say, if I ever became a millionaire, I would BUY a Disney hotel room so I could live in Disney. Well, now I know exactly how much money I would need. Good to know. The problem is, a DVC owner is limited to how many points he can use in a year. My guide was telling us this. I forget the number, but it was an astronomical number of points. AAAHHHHH, to dream.

If I ever maek it big in the movies or something, I won't be buying a Million Dollar Mansion, my new address will be OKW

I believe it is 2000 points per resort, per person therefore

DH can have 2000 at OKW, 2000 at BWV, 2000 at Vero, 2000 at HH, 2000 at VWL and 2000 at BCV = 12,000 (until SSR opens) and

DW can have the same for a grand total of 24,000.

Disney1fan 2002, i'd do the same.:D

You could actually do it. It would require calling every morning every weekday for the rest of your life, well eleven months short of the rest of your life, to add one more day. By using non-OKW points for wekends and holidays at seven months, possibly trading some points here or there, it could be done.

1.8 mil is really not out of the ballpark for an onsite home like the OKW GV, even the 77k annual dues pays taxes and insurance that you would need anyway and it probably isn't that far out of line for taxes and insurance on a 1.8 million dollar home, right Doc?

I am actually waiting for points to start dropping in values, I hope to get enough to spend 6-8 weeks in the OKW GV every winter some day.

I believe that is correct, 5k per person, 2k max at any one resort.

Still doable with a couple kids and a niece. Its a three bedroom villa, you are paying for it all and they get to come visit you. They will let you put it in their names.

Actually it is 23,148 points for 2003; 23,305 for 2004 (it is leap year); 23,254 for 2005; 23,148 for 2006; 23,158 for 2007; 23,219 for 2008 (another leap year); 23,148 for 2009; 23,254 for 2010; etc. The totals change depending on what day of the week January first falls on and the annoying issue of leap year.

You probably need 23,205 points with borrowing and banking to cover each year. If you could acquire enough contracts at an average price of $73 per point including all transaction costs your purchase price would be $1,693,965. Annual dues for the remaining 38 years assuming your dues begin in 2004 will be $6,538,047 (allowing for an average annual 3.1% increase). Average total cost of a point over the remaining contract is $9.10 (including purchase and maintenance fees).

For that kind of money you could buy a home in Celebration, maintain it and still have a valuable asset on 2/1/2042.

It is fun to think about living at Disney all year. However, you can buy alot of property in Florida or other parts of the country and live a lavious life style.

Moreover, I recall reading in a travel magazine or on the travel channell that there was a woman who lived on a cruise ship year round for 1mil per year. Anyway fun to think about! Enjoy!

No good can come of all this calculating and fantasizing! Now I'm going to have to go to the convenience store after work and buy hundreds of $ worth of Powerball lottery tickets; jackpot grew to $200 million for Saturday night, since nobody won last night.

Originally posted by SamS
No good can come of all this calculating and fantasizing! Now I'm going to have to go to the convenience store after work and buy hundreds of $ worth of Powerball lottery tickets; jackpot grew to $200 million for Saturday night, since nobody won last night.

You just keep that jackpot growing until a week from Saturday. July 12th. I will be in PA for a vacation, we can buy our tickets on the way down, and then in the days after the drawing, we will aready be in a powerball state to just get ourselves over to Lottery head quarters to pick up the check.

Actually, $200 mil is way too much money for me. I would take enough to live in Disney, enough invested so I could live off of it the rest of my life, enough for my kids college and weddings. Then the rest is discretionary. So, if you kiss my feet, I may buy you a DVC contract.

Jim C:

Thanks for the great link to the cruise ships. It was very interesting. What a way to dream!! For the time being --I guess I will have to suffer with my trips to Disney. Enjoy!!

Nobody hit Saturday night, so we're still in business - $240 million drawing Wednesday night. Maybe we should all buy $5 worth of tickets, split the cash when we win and buy lots of points. I'm sure the person holding the winning ticket would split the pot with the rest of us who could show that they bought their $5 worth of tickets; after all, we're sorta like family, right?

Greed, greed, greed!
I'm a simple person, and would be perfectly happy with a 2 bedroom for 6 months a year! Then I'd sell half of it to set up a trust fund to pay the maintenance costs.

Or I'd gladly settle for 0.01% of the profits on that Powerball lottery. They are selling a LOT of tickets, and only paying back $240 million?! Beats working..

SamS -- its about time someone in PA won. Not that I would ever count on it, but at that level it is worth a ticket just to be in the game.

I have organized lottery pools for my office and that can be a pain in the behind! I couldn't imagine organizing one of the DIS! Now that would be a challenge!!! Who wants to throw $5 in? LOL!!! Annmarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter