21 day dining plan tour - day 6 - magic kingdom & chef de france

DISWolves

Dreams really can come true !!!!
DAY 6 - Magic Kingdom - Les Chefs de France

Early rise today, to make rope drop for EMH in Magic Kingdom. First call was to collect Fast Passes for Space Mountain. Once we had got he passes we made a beeline for Buzz Lightyear.

DSC08726.jpg

I can’t remember what scores we all got, but I know I won!. :banana:
Next, onto TTA. This was closed for refurb during our visit last year, so I was curious to see if anything had changed. The section that travels through Space Mountain is now in complete darkness, you cannot see any light at all. A quick hop over to Carousel of Progress and a nice sit down for 10 minutes!.

DSC08738.jpg

This song has a lasting effect on you (just like It’s a small world!).
Next on the list was Monster Inc Laugh Floor. I am always wary of being in the spot light on this one, it happened once on a EMH late night, but fortunately, the show was half empty.

DSC08743.jpg

We had left OKW without breakfast, so we made our way over to Columbia Harbour House, but we still had 15 minutes before opening, so Haunted Mansion seemed a good option. It always amazes me that I must have ridden this ride dozens of times, yet I still seem to see new things.
On exiting the ride, Columbia was just opening it’s doors.

DSC08761.jpg

DSC08759.jpg

Nigel: Deep fried shrimp with fries, coleslaw & dipping sauce + coffee + Apple crisp
Sue: Vegetarian Sandwich with fries + Strawberry Yogurt + Bottle water
Emma: Chicken Nuggets with fries + Chocolate cake + Diet Coke

Just around the corner, we managed to see Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.

DSC08768.jpg
After lunch, we travelled back to Tomorrowland to use our SM fast passes, but there was a technical failure and the ride was out of action. We moved on to Toontown and joined the line to meet the Princesses (Cinderella, Belle & Aurora). The line moved a lot quicker than the one for the Disney Fairies.

DSC08791.jpg

DSC08784.jpg

DSC08777.jpg

There is a lot of construction happening near to Dumbo ride, it appears a new Ariel attraction, together with a Beauty & the Beast restaurant is planned for the future. Mickey’s Philarmagic was next and this was a walk in, just as the doors were opening for the theatre. It started raining quite heavily on our way out, so we took shelter with a couple of Pineapple floats from Aloha Isle.

DSC08798.jpg

For anyone who listens to the DIS Podcasts, this was a favourite place of the late Bob ‘Bawb’ Varley.
The rain did not look like stopping soon, so we made our way back to OKW. We spent a few hours in the ‘quiet pool’ near to our room after the rain had stopped.
Our ADR at 19:00 for tonight was Chef de France in EPCOT. After last night’s events I was not looking forward to this. We parked at Boardwalk and had a stroll via the International Gateway into Epcot. Soon after checking in, we were seated within 10 minutes. Our server was a nice Gentleman named Lidio. We got chatting and he told us he was born in Menton on the French – Italian border, then moved to Monaco until 25 years ago when he moved to Orlando. From the badges that he wore, he could speak, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish & Portuguese. The service was outstanding, both speed and quality and soon our meals were served. (What a difference from the previous evening!)
Sue: Salade Au Blue + Demi poulet fermier roti + Creme Brulee + Diet Coke
Emma: (no starter) Demi poulet fermier roti + Gateau au Chocolat + Diet Coke
Nigel: Bisque de homard + Filet du saumon + Profiteroles au Chocolat + Diet Coke

DSC08828.jpg

DSC08829.jpg

DSC08830.jpg

DSC08833.jpg

DSC08832.jpg

DSC08835.jpg

DSC08836.jpg

DSC08837.jpg

DSC08834.jpg

DSC08831.jpg

DSC08838.jpg

Sorry about the Lobster Bisque picture (I stirred it before I took the photo :headache:

DSC08840.jpg

The food was magnificent. We left the restaurant at 20:50, and so decided to watch the fireworks from the bridge, between England and France. I like the music to this display and bought the CD a few years ago.
We left the Boardwalk at 21:30 and made our way back to OKW, ready for bed after another busy day. :)

RETURN TO TRIP INDEX

what a great day. glad the meal was good. one of my fav's is carousel of progress.

Great update, really enjoying following you around The World :thumbsup2

fab day, glad you enjoyed your meal-im so thinking of adding chef de france to our list :thumbsup2

Lovely photos again, Le Chefs de France looks really nice looking forward to trying this next time.

oh those food pictures are making me hungry, chef de france is one of our favourites :thumbsup2

looks like you made the most of your magic kingdom day while you could

lovely food in Epcot

susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter