2023 Room Reservations Are Now Available

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
I read a blip on the DIS resorts board that someone had made a 2023 reservation so I tried it and it WORKED.

2023 ressie.PNG

It could only be done currently by phone and was not possible to make on-line (yet)

The CM said the ability to book 2023 arrivals began two days ago (12/16/21) and can be booked out through April 30, 2023 (arrival day).

Again, only by phone as of now - not available yet (2023 arrival date) on-line. Wonder when on-line will offer 2023?

Trying to line up to do the two short races on Marathon Week (the 5k and 10k) one more time. I got the confirmation number, paid the deposit, and then went to my MDE and linked the reservation number and the system found my reservation.

So pick up that phone and CALL if you want in before 4/30/23.

Bama Ed

PS - and I was only on hold for 10 minutes. :banana:

Last edited:
Thanks for the head's up Ed!

Our trip won't be 'til Fall, so I still have a ways to wait for our time to open up.

Wow. Just wow. I know I've seen hotel specials where a room is less than a campsite, but I think this is a 1st for rack rates. And this is for a 'standard' full hook up, no?

You are correct, these are rack rates, no discounts. For comparison, the room at All Star Music is a standard room, All Star Movies is a preferred room, the site at the Fort would be either a full hook up or a preferred, I don't remember which. Only premium meadows is showing available now, I have a premium booked and they are both more than the average price shown above.

And the campsites sleep 10 people. The ol' "supplyanddemand" bug STRIKES again! :eek: Bama Ed

And the campsites sleep 10 people. The ol' "supplyanddemand" bug STRIKES again! :eek: Bama Ed

But it makes ya wonder how often a site is at 'full occupancy'. Our campsite is only sleeping TWO.

I guess I don't worry overmuch about the cost of a room vs a site, although that doesn't mean I don't get gobsmacked when a room is cheaper. I just worry about when the Fort will 'price us out'. We do preferred so we can still 'step down' to a full hook up, but we do love being near the marina. Each year I hold my breath when the new rates come out (and thank you so much for your spreadsheets!).

Plus we really enjoy our drive out and back from California. Each day an adventure. Plus we've always combined it with another destination (Smokies, Yellowstone, Fla Keys). We've priced flying & hotel and it can be done cheaper but it's nowhere near as fun and would do away with our 'recuperation week'. Plus the stress and cost of having to kennel our dog whereas he can come with us to the Fort and stay the day at Best Friends.

If I book a room now for early April 2023, can I change it to a package later? Also, if a discount is offered later on, can I change to the discount rate? This is the first year we are going not on free dining so I can book much earlier. We have no flexibility in our days either. We are going the same time our kids are going with the marching band.

If I book a room now for early April 2023, can I change it to a package later? Also, if a discount is offered later on, can I change to the discount rate? This is the first year we are going not on free dining so I can book much earlier. We have no flexibility in our days either. We are going the same time our kids are going with the marching band.
Yes and yes, subject to availability of the limited number of rooms offered at the discount.

I believe that WDW is back to the rolling 500 day-from-arrival method so as of today (2/22/22) you can book arrivals as far out in 2023 as July 7. I do expect them to enable the on-line booking tool for 2023 in the not-too-distant future. Ed

I believe that WDW is back to the rolling 500 day-from-arrival method so as of today (2/22/22) you can book arrivals as far out in 2023 as July 7. I do expect them to enable the on-line booking tool for 2023 in the not-too-distant future. Ed

Thanks for the update, Ed! Still too far out for us (Fall 2023) but at least now I know I should probably start 'haunting' the reservation system in a couple of months.

I just have to get nDH to 'pin down' his dates for the place he wants to visit first for hang gliding. All he knows for now is that the 'best time is in the Fall'. But we don't exactly know when 'the Fall' is where he wants to go! Where we are it's a fleeting period somewhere between mid-October and Thanksgiving, and it's getting shorter every year.

I read a blip on the DIS resorts board that someone had made a 2023 reservation so I tried it and it WORKED.

View attachment 631767

It could only be done currently by phone and was not possible to make on-line (yet)

The CM said the ability to book 2023 arrivals began two days ago (12/16/21) and can be booked out through April 30, 2023 (arrival day).

Again, only by phone as of now - not available yet (2023 arrival date) on-line. Wonder when on-line will offer 2023?

Trying to line up to do the two short races on Marathon Week (the 5k and 10k) one more time. I got the confirmation number, paid the deposit, and then went to my MDE and linked the reservation number and the system found my reservation.

So pick up that phone and CALL if you want in before 4/30/23.

Bama Ed

PS - and I was only on hold for 10 minutes. :banana:
I just tried for March 2033 at Beach Club. Was told they couldn't book it due to DVC-ers getting 1st priority. Told to try back this summer to book a resort/ticket package. Any idea why this resort would be different than others where people have been able to book rooms thru next April? She also told me if we were only booking a room now, we'd have to call back when packages are released and rebook as a package, i.e. cancel the room only and book a package.
I don't understand the DVC issue as to why no availability yet at Beach Club for March 2023. She did say a deluxe studio at $3,000 a night was available. Lol!!

No clue, @tlady.

When I booked my 2023, I had to correct my CM several times. They kept trying to book a package for me (with tickets, different deposit/cancellation policies, etc.). It was beyond frustrating. I literally had to INSIST that I wanted a room-only reservation.

I would say call back and try again. You may have just gotten a poorly trained/informed CM. You can look at my signature and see I don't stay at the hotels but they should be the same policy-wise as the Fort in terms of booking.

The one thing I will say is that even with calling only for March 2023, I don't know when Flower/Garden and other type of festivals run at Epcot but it could truly be booked up since we are under a year from then. That's spring break time as well of course. I think there is still pent-up demand for a WDW vacation from the last few years that has to be worked through.

Sorry.

Bama Ed

PS-I predict that Disney will eventually move to accommodations/ticket packages exclusively on property. No more "room only" reservations. They hate people like me - I'd be happy as a clam to book 14 nights at the Fort (room only) and sprinkle MAYBE 1-2 park days in there. On the other days I'd sleep in, enjoy the Fort, resort hop, roam around Disney Springs, and otherwise relax and enjoy myself. Disney wants you to spend more than half your days paying for park tix. So with me they're losing out on ticket revenue for an additional 5-6 days. Because now Disney doesn't view visitors as "guests" but as a "profit center".

PPS-And I ended up cancelling that 2023 reservation recently. :confused3

I was able to book room only at Beach Club for early May. 2nd call to WDW confirmed that none of the 3 EPCOT resorts are offering rooms in March yet. Not sure if they're booked (which I doubt) or if WDW is holding back those dates in anticipation of price increase due to start of Garden Festival. The only thing available in early March were the BC villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter