• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2022 prices vs past trips

ericbansemer

Earning My Ears
We go on a week long WDW trip at the end of Sep/ beginning of Oct. every 2 years. I expect prices to go up every trip we take but was just wondering if this is what everyone else is seeing. There is 3 of us and our child is a Disney adult. In 2018 we stayed at POR in a Royal Guest Room w/MM and DDP and payed $5500. In 2020 we originally booked at POFQ with the same options for again $5500 then because of COVID we moved to CBR w/o DDP for $3800 which is about the same price if you take away DDP. When I look at booking the same CBR Preferred room for 2022 it is $4971 then if I factor in DDP at the same previous rate (hoping its back by the time we go) the price will be $6600.

Did it really go up $1100? Is everyone else seeing this same amount of increase? We will still be going but I can’t believe it increased this much. Maybe just CBR increased because of the skyliner?

For how many nights? We are back at the BC for the first time since 2019 and are paying rack rate for the first time ever. No discounts for when we are going, mid-July. We were so eager to go back that we bit the bullet, but we may be priced out after this if these prices are here to stay (which I'm sure they are).

ouch! I priced out a 7 nite mod (cbr) which I don’t want to stay at and it was ridiculously high. Didn’t book and likely will wait till most resorts are re opened and more availability. I just can’t justify it, tho I can afford it. I’d prefer Overpaying where I’d rather stay.. and already downsizing to a mod that doesn’t appeal to me is just wasting money. I enjoy resort time..
strongly considering a lux resort Off property for few days and then on site for just a park days. regardless, prices are Up, amenities are down and is what it is. It’s a “ want” after all, lol.
good luck all.

For how many nights? We are back at the BC for the first time since 2019 and are paying rack rate for the first time ever. No discounts for when we are going, mid-July. We were so eager to go back that we bit the bullet, but we may be priced out after this if these prices are here to stay (which I'm sure they are).

We go on a week long WDW trip at the end of Sep/ beginning of Oct. every 2 years. I expect prices to go up every trip we take but was just wondering if this is what everyone else is seeing. There is 3 of us and our child is a Disney adult. In 2018 we stayed at POR in a Royal Guest Room w/MM and DDP and payed $5500. In 2020 we originally booked at POFQ with the same options for again $5500 then because of COVID we moved to CBR w/o DDP for $3800 which is about the same price if you take away DDP. When I look at booking the same CBR Preferred room for 2022 it is $4971 then if I factor in DDP at the same previous rate (hoping its back by the time we go) the price will be $6600.

Did it really go up $1100? Is everyone else seeing this same amount of increase? We will still be going but I can’t believe it increased this much. Maybe just CBR increased because of the skyliner?
I keep thinking about the pricing for a child that becomes a Disney Adult for the room rates... makes me hold onto DVC with pricing for 5 adults .
Hope that doesn’t change .
But yes cash rates are increasing.

But those specials are only at 'select' hotels and usually for only certain room categories. If you plan to travel on certain days, you may/may not ever find a discount that applies. Disney hotels have continued to get more expensive over time. It wouldn't surprise to see the type of increases mentioned by the OP. It it difficult to do an exact comparison since most properties have several room categories and time of year/availability also impacts pricing.

I know the skyliner resorts increased a LOT after the skyliner opened. Pop went up by an average of like 40-50/night, it seemed. Rooms across the board seem higher this fall, I think in part because there are very few discounts. I know I've run into much higher prices for late November/early December than it was during the same time period last year, too.

In fall 2021, it seems hard to find any rooms at Disney, never mind a discounted room. It doesn't seem like Disney has much financial incentive to start offering discounts right now. For fall 2022, I think we'll have to wait and see if this crazy demand keeps up or if it starts to slow down. With the 50th anniversary celebration running so long, my guess is Fall 2022 will still be very much in demand/busy.

I honestly didn't pay attention to the price of my 7 or 8 night stay at the Poly in 2022, I was rolling a cancelled trip at Port Orleans into the price. And I've been stuck at home FOREVER.

It all has to do with supply and demand. Since reopening, rack rates have been quite a bit higher than they were pre-pandemic. While demand was low in Fall of 2020 and Spring of 2021, Disney offered some fantastic discounts to try to get people in the door. Going forward, higher demand due to the 50th and pent up from lack of travel throughout the pandemic, and a much lower supply of rooms (even after the 4 deluxe open throughout the summer, there will still be over 7,500 rooms closed), has caused prices to shoot sky high. Additionally, CBR has gotten a lot more expensive because of the Skyliner and there are times when the rack rates for rooms there are well over $300/night.

Hopefully as more resorts open, the prices will begin to balance back to a bit more of a pre-pandemic normal. Unfortunately as long as people are content in paying the higher prices, Disney is more likely to keep rack rates higher and discounts to a minimum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter