2022 cruise release?

Anything open at Beach club villas April 2-5? Just a studio

edit: disregard I see you’re only doing 200+ point rentals now
Unless I read it wrong, the Dream is doing some Western Caribbean routes as well...

yes a few. But what I’m saying is what’s the point to also have the 3/4 night to Nassau and back from Miami if the Wish is likely gonna do the same thing from PC? I just thought with the added ship it was a chance to add something new instead of more of the same

yes a few. But what I’m saying is what’s the point to also have the 3/4 night to Nassau and back from Miami if the Wish is likely gonna do the same thing from PC? I just thought with the added ship it was a chance to add something new instead of more of the same

Perhaps they will eventually. But with there being strong hints from all cruise lines and discussions of requirements for restarting, ship-based excursions will be the only approved ones, so it will be easier to stick with ports where they already have established relationships with vendors. So it makes sense to stick with the familiar for the time being.

Perhaps they will eventually. But with there being strong hints from all cruise lines and discussions of requirements for restarting, ship-based excursions will be the only approved ones, so it will be easier to stick with ports where they already have established relationships with vendors. So it makes sense to stick with the familiar for the time being.
That’s true, good point. Really it’s just me being selfish because I want to sail the Dream more but I don’t want to go to Nassau haha. I’ve already got a 22 booked but I’ll prob end up on one of the new 5 nights. Unfortunately the 7 nights on the fantasy are usually out of our price range

That’s true, good point. Really it’s just me being selfish because I want to sail the Dream more but I don’t want to go to Nassau haha. I’ve already got a 22 booked but I’ll prob end up on one of the new 5 nights. Unfortunately the 7 nights on the fantasy are usually out of our price range

Yeah, I hear that.

Sorry if this was asked before on another thread. I did a quick search and couldn't find an answer...

I'm PIF for a July 2021 cruise.. DCL hasn't cancelled it yet but I'm planning to cancel tomorrow as I don't see them sailing this summer.

If I (emphasis on me canceling) cancel, will I get the 125% FCC for the summer 2022 I'm planning to book next week?

Sorry if this was asked before on another thread. I did a quick search and couldn't find an answer...

I'm PIF for a July 2021 cruise.. DCL hasn't cancelled it yet but I'm planning to cancel tomorrow as I don't see them sailing this summer.

If I (emphasis on me canceling) cancel, will I get the 125% FCC for the summer 2022 I'm planning to book next week?
No, you only get the 125% FCC if DCL cancels. Did you by chance apply an FCC to the July 2021 cruise? If so, that will stay and you could use that towards any new cruise you book. If you have the means I would suggest placing a deposit on the 2022 cruise and wait to see if DCL cancels your July cruise.

No, you only get the 125% FCC if DCL cancels. Did you by chance apply an FCC to the July 2021 cruise? If so, that will stay and you could use that towards any new cruise you book. If you have the means I would suggest placing a deposit on the 2022 cruise and wait to see if DCL cancels your July cruise.

Thank you for the reply.
No I haven't used a FCC before on a PIF cruise. I've had a cruise canceled by DCL (Med 2021) but I was not PIF.

So if I put the deposit on the summer 2022 cruise and the summer 2021 gets cancelled (the one I'm PIF) do I get the 125% for the already booked 2022 cruise? ("already" meaning the one I'm planning to book and put a deposit next week)

Thank you for the reply.
No I haven't used a FCC before on a PIF cruise. I've had a cruise canceled by DCL (Med 2021) but I was not PIF.

So if I put the deposit on the summer 2022 cruise and the summer 2021 gets cancelled (the one I'm PIF) do I get the 125% for the already booked 2022 cruise? ("already" meaning the one I'm planning to book and put a deposit next week)
Yes. Since you are PIF on the July 2021 you would get the 125% FCC if DCL were to cancel. You could then apply that FCC to the balance of the 2022 cruise. If you have any FCC left over you could apply it to an additional cruise, or use it as on board credit for the 2022 cruise.

Thank you for the reply.

@JWelch42 is correct. One thing, once you have paid the deposit, you can't take the 125% FCC and apply it to the deposit. Be sure to choose the FCC when paying for anything, once you have received it. It's an option; don't make the mistake of you using your credit card. You can only apply the FCC to whatever is left, even if the 125% FCC is more than the total cost of the cruise. You will have credit though for the remainder of the FCC.

@JWelch42 is correct. One thing, once you have paid the deposit, you can't take the 125% FCC and apply it to the deposit. Be sure to choose the FCC when paying for anything, once you have received it. It's an option; don't make the mistake of you using your credit card. You can only apply the FCC to whatever is left, even if the 125% FCC is more than the total cost of the cruise. You will have credit though for the remainder of the FCC.

Thanks so much
Based on what @JWelch62 mentioned I'm planning on doing this:
My July 2021 (7-night) is around $8K
I'll book and put a deposit for the July 2022 (9-night) which I project it to be around $10-12K
Once DCL cancels the July 2021 I'd love to have the 125% applied as that would cover the extra $ on the 9-night
Any extra I will use it as OBC.

We definitely want to be onboard. My “hope” is that we have a safer world, and that it will sail. We had already asked DU TA Tracey to book it for us!

On our last TA flight, we had a layover in Lisbon en route to Paris.. I look forward to seeing more of Lisbon! The other stops are interesting to us too!

Lisbon is a lovely city, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

The Magic Transatlantic has a nice itinerary, but I hope to be on a land tour in Peru when it sails. My only cruise bookings are in September and October 2022 - on Royal Caribbean. I was relieved to have my remaining 2021 cruises cancelled by RCI (2) or me (1) - as I don't want to travel internationally this year.

I’m going to assume it cost a lot more to fly to st Martin then Florida. That could be deal breaker for some families.

June 19-27th (chosen since the other lines say they'll start in June) on Expedia is $400-500 pp to fly to MCO depending on whether or not you want to arrive around midnight, and a quick search for the same dates shows $620-660 pp to fly to SXM. $160 extra isn't nothing, but its not a crazy amount either (I'm assuming most families wouldn't choose to get in at midnight).

Anyway as I've said before in another thread I don't see DCL really going with a new home port unless things have no chance of getting better here at home relatively soon.

If you book with an agent that offers OBC, can the OBC be used to pay towards port adventures?

TIA :)

Yes. OBC is used to pay for anything charged on board. Since DCL does not take payment for excursions until you are on board (unless that has changed or does change with COVID-era protocols...), then OBC would go towards those first.

Yes. OBC is used to pay for anything charged on board. Since DCL does not take payment for excursions until you are on board (unless that has changed or does change with COVID-era protocols...), then OBC would go towards those first.

Thankyou!

Yes I've been looking into RC as well, and you have to pay up front for your excursions when you book them from what I've been told.

Thankyou!

Yes I've been looking into RC as well, and you have to pay up front for your excursions when you book them from what I've been told.

Yes. You have to pay up front on most lines other than Disney. But you do get refunded if the excursion has to be cancelled. I'm not sure about RCCL since I don't go above Radiance Class on those, but I know on Celebrity if you have ship-provided OBC you can use that in advance. NOT OBC from a TA though as that does not hit your account until you're actually on the cruise.

I've not been on Disney since Summer 2019, so things could have changed in terms of prepayment required for excursions (personally I think they SHOULD take advance payment for at lease Castaway Cay cabanas since many of them are cancelled last minute and at least on the adult beach don't get re-rented). But either way, you're not going to SEE that OBC from a TA in your account until you're on the ship.

Since DCL does not take payment for excursions until you are on board (unless that has changed or does change with COVID-era protocols...), then OBC would go towards those first.
In general this is true, but there are some exceptions. My wife and I went with one of our daughters and her family on the first DCL Bermuda trip and booked a private boat thru DCL. I was surprised that I had to pay the full cost at time of booking for that. I think that there are a couple of other excursions that requirement payment on initial booking, but most are charged to your stateroom after the ship embarks.

I can't give any review of the private boat, since my daughter got sick before we arrived at Bermuda and spent almost the entire time on the island in a local hospital. We weren't sure that she would be allowed back on the boat before we left, but they released her with about an hour to spare.

Trip insurance reimbursed for the cost of the excursion, as well as her medical expenses

Has anyone tried Holland America? I really want a Southern Caribbean and DCL has one 9 day next summer. Unfortunately, they don’t go to Martinique which my hubby says is amazing due to Mount Pelee.

Has anyone tried Holland America? I really want a Southern Caribbean and DCL has one 9 day next summer. Unfortunately, they don’t go to Martinique which my hubby says is amazing due to Mount Pelee.

Hated them. Way too stuffy, and the “entertainment” was awful. Unless you’re into gambling there is not much to do at night or on sea days.

Hated them. Way too stuffy, and the “entertainment” was awful. Unless you’re into gambling there is not much to do at night or on sea days.

Thanks a bunch! We don’t gamble which is one reason why we’ll continue cruising with DCL after our son is grown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!