2021 River Cruises

Donalyn

DIS Veteran
Didn't the 2020 river cruise schedule hit the website in January of 2019? Is that when they typically hit?

Also, do we think there will be any new full trips (river cruise or land based) this year?

I don't know about new river cruises, but I'm assuming there will be at least one new land tour this year. There usually is.

And yes, the 2020 river cruise schedule hit the end of January in 2019. I have emails I was sending back and forth to my TA dated 1/26/19.

I believe last year was the first time they did a separate drop date for the river cruises, so there is no "typically" yet. (Although I could be mis-remembering that).

Sayhello

Very interested in feedback on River Cruises, particularly if traveling without kids
What is it you would like to know? I've done the Danube River cruise as a solo (so no kids). It's a really fabulous vacation. I wouldn't say it's the best way to experience ABD, as you don't get to know the Adventure Guides or your fellow travelers as well as you do on a land cruise (40 vs 160). But it's super relaxing and a really great way to see a chunk of Europe. The excursions are really top notch!

Sayhello

Sounds like maybe they listened somewhat to the complaints about the ordering of eligibility to book trips. Insiders first day, DVC and others the next day, general public day 3.
This is great! I hope they do that for the land ABD's too!

Sayhello

Sounds like maybe they listened somewhat to the complaints about the ordering of eligibility to book trips. Insiders first day, DVC and others the next day, general public day 3.

Yes, maybe ABD finally listened. Nice to finally see Insiders being given preference. The real test will be to see if they apply the same policy to the land tours later this year, especially if there is a new trip that sells out on the first day.

I like the sound of the 2021 Rhine cruise, and I would love the opportunity (at the additional cost) to see where the Disney Wish is being built.

While I appreciate that Insiders have a one-day lead on booking river cruises in 2021, I'm still feeling a bit burned by the land trip bookings for Egypt. As much as I loved both of the ABDs we've taken, I'm having a hard time getting back to my trip report because I feel disenchanted, for lack of a better word. It even feels like less people are posting in this forum since that booking disaster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!