2021 CA/Disneyland Escape

WileyMorris

Earning My Ears
Thinking of using parked deposit toward one of the CA/Disneyland Escapes in 2021.

Qs:
--To anyone who's done this: Was it great?
--Am I correct that no new 2021 dates have gone up; That the dates listed on the site are through May '21 were announced last year? (Interested in Fall 2021.)
--Will they announce dates for the rest of '21? When? Or has anyone heard that they're discontinuing this trip?
--Do the rates for the Escapes escalate as the trips fill?
--If the parked deposit is less then the one required for an Escape, do they hold the remaining deposit and apply it to PIF when due?

Thinking of using parked deposit toward one of the CA/Disneyland Escapes in 2021.

Qs:
--Am I correct that no new 2021 dates have gone up; That the dates listed on the site are through May '21 were announced last year? (Interested in Fall 2021.)
Generally, the entire year's departures are announced in May of the previous year. Some new itineraries and the River Cruises are announced at other times during the year. I've also noticed the Escapes sometimes being announced around the same time as DCL announces cruises in the areas where the Escapes are running (they expect a lot of people to book the escapes in conjunction with a cruise).
--Will they announce dates for the rest of '21? When? Or has anyone heard that they're discontinuing this trip?
They've already announced the dates for 2021. (And it appears that DCL has announced dates through early 2022). So I wouldn't expect any more dates to be announced for 2021. *HOWEVER* this is not a normal year, so anything is possible.
--Do the rates for the Escapes escalate as the trips fill?
Yes. As more people sign up for a departure, the higher the price becomes for that departure.
--If the parked deposit is less then the one required for an Escape, do they hold the remaining deposit and apply it to PIF when due?
I think you asked this backwards? Are you asking if the parked deposit is *greater* than the deposit for the Escape, will they hold onto the remainder of the deposit over what's required for the Escape? (I don't know the answer to this one, but thought it would help if that was clarified.)
Sayhello

Also you might want to be aware that Disneyland has not yet reopened and has no reopen date yet, due to the governor’s requirements for theme parks. That will definitely impact any Disneyland/ SoCal AbDs, depending on when it eventually can reopen.

Also on the AbD website, the current modifications to the usual final payment and cancellation policy do not apply to the Disneyland/SoCal escapes starting March 2022. So, it sounds as if there are not plans to discontinue those at this time.

I did this trip in 2010

it was amazing and magical & I highly recommend it

I’m currently planning on doing it again in December 2021. Keeping my fingers crossed that all aspects of the trip will be in place by then.

You can see my trip report:

However, nobody knows how the So. Cal. trips will be affected once they start operating again. Will there be changes to the visits to Disney Studios and Imagineering? Will the entertainment be operating in the parks (Fantasmic, World of Color)?

We were looking into doing more travelling within the US with the current situation...thank you for your link, your photos are amazing! I appreciate the advice, hearing from folks who have done the trip is so helpful with our planning. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter