2020 Military Salute 6-Day Park Hopper Upgrade

ILoveDisneytheMost

Earning My Ears
I hope someone can help me with this!

We bought military salute 6-day park hoppers last February, and obviously didn't get to use them last year. We are currently planning for January 2022 (possible early December 2021, but that will depend on how the park is operating as it gets closer) I read that you can pay the difference and get the current use year's tickets. Obviously there are no 6-day park hoppers this year, so I'm trying to find out if anyone has had any luck upgrading to something and keeping that extra day.

I know they automatically extended 2020 tickets through September 26 or so, but we just aren't going to be able to wrangle up all 13 family members for a WDW trip before then.

Has anyone at least gotten a refund in this situation?

I would wait to see when they release the 2022 ticket options. You can use your current value for 2022 tickets. Otherwise for this year you are just going to be getting the 5 day option. You can upgrade to the water park option and get more days with that

I was able to get a refund on my tickets last year but not sure if they are still doing that or if you just have to use it for future ticket purchase.

Oh yeah, I did consider that, but that just makes it so hard to plan ahead! Ah!

When do they usually announce the next year's ticket options?

The 2021 promotion wasn’t announced until February but pretty sure that was due to covid and the 2020 extension going into February.

The 2021 promotion wasn’t announced until February but pretty sure that was due to covid and the 2020 extension going into February.
I'd agree.
Usually, it's late September in our experience also but I want to say one year it was in October.
Hopefully, they bring the 6-day back

We purchased the 2020 extended offer 6 day salute hoppers in December to use this May, however at the time they did not have the water park and more option. When they opened up BB I quickly emailed to add it, however they told me that I had to wait for 2021 contract to be finalized and published. When they finally released the 2021 tickets and pricing, I inquired about adding the waterpark plus to my existing tickets. They told me that the only way to do that is to get a refund on my tickets and buy new ones with the waterpark plus. Well they obviously only had up to the 5 days so the lady told me that I would have to lose a park day if I wanted the waterpark plus since they no longer had the 6 day. Long story short we decided to keep our 6 day and we are just going to pay normal price for our waterpark ticket. Park days are too valuable to lose!! All of this to say, they will not let you pay the difference and keep your six day - at least not right now when they don’t have a 6 day offer going.They will make you get a refund and re-purchase the 5 day since that is all they offer. Fingers crossed they bring the 6 day back next year!!

We purchased the 2020 extended offer 6 day salute hoppers in December to use this May, however at the time they did not have the water park and more option. When they opened up BB I quickly emailed to add it, however they told me that I had to wait for 2021 contract to be finalized and published. When they finally released the 2021 tickets and pricing, I inquired about adding the waterpark plus to my existing tickets. They told me that the only way to do that is to get a refund on my tickets and buy new ones with the waterpark plus. Well they obviously only had up to the 5 days so the lady told me that I would have to lose a park day if I wanted the waterpark plus since they no longer had the 6 day. Long story short we decided to keep our 6 day and we are just going to pay normal price for our waterpark ticket. Park days are too valuable to lose!! All of this to say, they will not let you pay the difference and keep your six day - at least not right now when they don’t have a 6 day offer going.They will make you get a refund and re-purchase the 5 day since that is all they offer. Fingers crossed they bring the 6 day back next year!!
I had this same exact issue. Disney told me they can change it to a hopper plus, but will not provide me with the pricing information. I was on chat and the CM just kept ignoring the question and telling me I can go to guest services at DS if I am there early. Since we will have a car this trip, we booked Aquatica with all day meals for $54 instead. With my DVC discount, BB would have been about the same after taxes, but without food (they have a $20 off water parks promotion right now for DVC). My sister has been a couple times during COVID and said they were not even able to get into minigolf the three times they tried (best wait time they were given of the three visits was 90 minutes). I'm pretty sure we would have only gone to BB once, maybe twice, so the value would be there if we could have upgraded, but Aquatica was definitely a good value at the same price when I think about food prices at the Orlando parks these days! I hope you have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!