2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
On hold for 40 minutes and I have a meeting in 5. Ugh... looks like I'll have to call back later. :confused3

On hold with Disney Dining for about 35 minutes. Great CM who knew what she was doing. She had trouble locating the Italian Regional Food & Wine luncheon. Turns out the name in the system is not exactly the same as what is on the Disney website. She found it under location and time, so it does help to have that info handy. Got the three events we wanted- the Italian luncheon on 10/23, the French Family traditions on 10/25 and the Food & Beverage pairing on 10/21.

Was on hold for 52 minutes on the FEST line before finally getting through. Went through everything, the events I wanted were all available, and I was all set to pay. And then the line disconnected. I have a meeting at 1030, so I was resigned to just waiting until this afternoon and hoping there were still slots left. Then I remembered how easy it was to get through on the TOUR line the other week. Called that number and 2 minutes later was talking to a CM who was excited to help with F&W! If you're on hold and you have another phone available, I'd recommend calling 407.WDW.TOUR while you're waiting.

For reservations starting tomorrow would you guys recommend that I call Disney dining number or just do it thru my Disney experience account?

Finally got through at 55 minutes (originally quoted 30). I was only after a Eat to the Beat pkg reservation so it was probably overkill waiting as long as I did but my it's for DD birthday trip and she wanted a specific time/restaurant so...The CM I spoke with was great and we got exactly what we wanted.

Got in after 10 minute hold. Got the Italian Regional Luncheon and the Italian Wine Vs Beer Pairing. Both have a base price of 99 + tax. Yet she charged me 131.89 for the Lunch and 104.46 for the Pairing. When I told her that both had the same base price all she could do was go by what the computer had. Any one else experience this? I feel like I got ripped off.

If you said "Italian Regional Lunch" that may have been the problem. Seems like the CMs need the exact title of the event for their computers. It is now called "French Family Meal Traditions."
I was actually looking for the Italian one, not the French one. I even gave her several name variations, the time and everything. When she came back she said others could see it but she had to do something to her computer.

Does anyone know if Disney Visa cardholders could call in today for reservations? There's not anything on the Disney Visa website. I know that last year Disney Visa cardholders were not able to call in early as Chase was no longer sponsoring the festival.

Got in after 10 minute hold. Got the Italian Regional Luncheon and the Italian Wine Vs Beer Pairing. Both have a base price of 99 + tax. Yet she charged me 131.89 for the Lunch and 104.46 for the Pairing. When I told her that both had the same base price all she could do was go by what the computer had. Any one else experience this? I feel like I got ripped off.

Just found it. The Regional luncheon is now 125 + tax

Does anyone know if Disney Visa cardholders could call in today for reservations? There's not anything on the Disney Visa website. I know that last year Disney Visa cardholders were not able to call in early as Chase was no longer sponsoring the festival.
when i was calling, they first asked if i had an existing hotel reservation, and then if i was DVC, TIW, or AP- no mention of Visa, sorry. If the wait time is short though, it probably wouldn't hurt to call & ask to make sure.

when i was calling, they first asked if i had an existing hotel reservation, and then if i was DVC, TIW, or AP- no mention of Visa, sorry. If the wait time is short though, it probably wouldn't hurt to call & ask to make sure.

The agent I spoke to included Disney Visa in her spiel... but that could have been out of habit. I qualify on many levels :rolleyes: so didn’t explore whether Disney Visa alone allowed early booking or discounts.

I actually think the response is probably no. Chase doesn't appear to be sponsoring this year either.

Agent I just spoke to did not include Visa in her "do you have list" It was DVC, AP or TIW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts