• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2019 Disney Fantasy summer cruises celebrating Mickey's 90th!

It looks like all you summer 7 night Disney Fantasy cruisers will get to have a surprise party for Mickey's 90th birthday! I wonder what they consider summer? June- August?

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...6KMvxytjUQ84juK-GgCMk7O0GDJsdO9ZdlnxhGr677RQE
Summer would be when the prices are higher.

I find it interesting that they're celebrating Mickey's birthday in the summer, since his birthday is actually in November. But, I suppose that would interfere with the MerryTime cruises.

Well, our cruise is June 22, so the first summer cruise! Maybe we'll get it?

But, the blog post says specifically 7 day sailings; ours is the 8 day sailing.

After our cruise, is a 6 day sailing, followed by 7 day sailings for most of the summer (there's an 11 day followed by a 3 day).

So, given the specific language of 7 day sailings, I'm going to guess that the party starts with the July 6 sailing.

Well, our cruise is June 22, so the first summer cruise! Maybe we'll get it?

But, the blog post says specifically 7 day sailings; ours is the 8 day sailing.

After our cruise, is a 6 day sailing, followed by 7 day sailings for most of the summer (there's an 11 day followed by a 3 day).

So, given the specific language of 7 day sailings, I'm going to guess that the party starts with the July 6 sailing.

I am hoping they include the June sailings since I have a 7 night that month.

Oh cool so something else to close down the pool area during the hottest time of year in the Caribbean!

I don't recall and can't find the thread with the survey that was done not too long ago about different themed events like this. Was this even an option?

Oh cool so something else to close down the pool area during the hottest time of year in the Caribbean!

I don't recall and can't find the thread with the survey that was done not too long ago about different themed events like this. Was this even an option?

Yes. There was definitely something about Mickey's Birthday. Though I suspect something to celebrate it was a given since all parks and so forth are to be celebrating during the year.

We visited our local Disney Store yesterday 18 Nov to celebrate Mickey's 90th Birthday.
All Disney Stores were giving away items to first 90 guests that made a purchase.
The items given away are Disney Key and Mickey Birthday button dated 2018.

My Cruise  Mickey 90th Birthday Disney Stores give Away_20181118.jpg

How can it be a "surprise" party if we know about it months (and months) in advance? Maybe the surprise is that it's so many months past his actual b-day?

FWIW, I heard that some Japanese tourists waited in line 11 hours yesterday to meet the Mouse in Disneyland at his big birthday celebration yesterday. I can think of a lot of things I'd rather do in Disneyland for 11 hours.

Summer would be when the prices are higher.

I find it interesting that they're celebrating Mickey's birthday in the summer, since his birthday is actually in November. But, I suppose that would interfere with the MerryTime cruises.

This is Disney! Time is a fluid concept! Like how the “Year of a Million Dreams” went on for 18+ months.

My cruise leaves May 25, the Saturday before Memorial Day which is typically considered the beginning of summer, right?? Fingers crossed!

That was my first thought. Not a good idea. It's one area that DCL does not handle well. They do not do a good job of spreading people out. They seem to schedule things in a way that always results in so many guests all being in the same place at the same time. This will just be another one. I wonder if a version of this continues beyond the summer (perhaps under a modified theme).

I think it'll be fun to see, just hope it's more than sail away party. Unfortunately, with 2 high schoolers and both playing competitive sports, all we get (until they graduate) is August for cruising... it was easier when they were smaller. But, we never get Marvel or Star Wars cruises because right in the middle of the school year, so hopefully this small surprise will be quite entertaining. Looking forward to it...

I think it'll be fun to see, just hope it's more than sail away party. Unfortunately, with 2 high schoolers and both playing competitive sports, all we get (until they graduate) is August for cruising... it was easier when they were smaller. But, we never get Marvel or Star Wars cruises because right in the middle of the school year, so hopefully this small surprise will be quite entertaining. Looking forward to it...

Whereas if I thought for a moment they'd extend this on the Fantasy through the winter rather than subjecting us to yet another year of Star Wars at Sea, I'd be on the Fantasy over Feb Break 2020 in a heartbeat. As it is, I'm on the Magic because can at least tolerate Marvel throwing up all over the ship.

I'm excited for this as we are sailing on 8/17. I always enjoy the sail away party and this being a day time party also, makes me think of it as similar to the sail away, but just with a different theme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter