2018 Princess 5k

Chrissie86

Earning My Ears
I planned my cousin's bachelorette party for marathon weekend. She's a runner and has wanted to do one of these weekends for years. The only problem is that none of the other girls going (myself included) have done more than charity walks. Any tips for helping the rest of us train? I know the 5K isn't as intense as any of the other ones, but I'm still nervous!

There are many "couch to 5K" programs out there! When I did one I found something online (coolrunnings dot com, I believe), wrote out the program, and followed it the best I could. There are also apps out there. Good luck! Getting ready for Princess 5K 2016 is how my cousin started running, then this year she did the 5&10 with me, and next year she and I will be doing Princess Challenge together!

I got the C25K app made by Zen Labs Fitness from the Google Play Store, and it's been great! 8 weeks of every other day training, and you, too, can run a 5k!

I'm certain the same app exists on The App Store.

I just did the dark side 5K. I'm in decent shape but didn't get to do more than one 1 mile run before the race. I was a little worried, but ran the whole thing. I did see many people walking. They started out running but slowly tapered off before mile 1. If they can just do a combo of little walking and gentle jog they will be fine. If they are terribly out of shape then they might not make the 16 min mile maximum pace. There are some run/walk programs to get you up to completing a 5K so if they make attempt at completing the distance walking/running they will be fine. If the princess is the same as the dark side - there are character stops along the route -- this allows for a little break every so often and the lines were fairly long -- so a decent break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter