2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

I wish the "Change" button would work. All day long.... logging in and out, different browsers, different computers.... just goes back to the Reservations page every time.

I wish the "Change" button would work. All day long.... logging in and out, different browsers, different computers.... just goes back to the Reservations page every time.
I feel your pain. I was trying to change my reservation for Pop to the Enchanted Escape package several times today. I even got as far as the purchase screen to find out the price was the same as before the discount when it should have been less. I guess I'm just going to keep trying until IT fixes the problem.

Had no availability for my dates i had reserved at Pop, had to switch to All Star sports. This will be the first time not staying at Pop, will keep checking back for availability.

No, unfortunately we couldn’t get free dining. (Nov 25th - Dec 7th at Pop) Couldn’t modify and then when I tried to find another resort there were no values with that date range available. I’m hoping perhaps something will open up over the next few days/weeks.

We were always planning to go anyway so I just have to remind myself it isn’t the end of the world, at least we are going to Disney!

I do have a question. Our 3 year old eats hardly anything (not picky, just not a big eater). Obviously at buffets we have to pay for her, but at other table service can just my husband and I buy meals and then share ours with her? Or if she’s at the table will they want her to order something?

I don't think anyone ever answered your question. You CAN just share with her at a la carte places, but then you will have child TS credits to use somewhere. Once all your QS credits are gone, you could use her leftover TS for QS meals. You cannot use her TS credits for adult TS meals.

Also, in case you haven't seen, many are saying there is free dining availability at the All Stars for your dates. Go look!

If it helps at all, we have 20+ stays at Pop and much prefer Standard rooms over the others, especially the 60's section overlooking the lake!

Since you’re a pop expert, question about the lake view rooms. They look nice but I noticed of designated smoking areas along that pathway. Is that ever a problem? How bad is the walk from lake view to main dining hall? I’ve never been to pop before and looking forward to it but was really hoping for preferred room after the long long walks around the CSR pond.....

Yes they are supposed to be all done I think by June. Looking forward to the renovated rooms, hope they work well and aren't too cramped. The two queens plus my daughter's wheel chair hopefully will work.
I think that May/June was the original planned completion but now the completion date appears to be sometime in October and that is IF it only takes 2 months per building (it is taking closer to 3) and allow for overlaps.
So far 4, 5, 6, 7 ,8, 9 & 10 are complete. Building 3 is completely closed and building 1 is partially closed. So currently the 50's section is in the process of being renovated.

So, my TA just informed me that there wasn't any more availability for AoA or Pop through Dec. 1, from our Nov.24 start of part 2 of split stay. She has a hold for us that she booked online for Nov 24-28, and hoping for additional info today to change. We also have our original ressie in place from Nov19-Dec1. Our 180-day is in about 3-4 weeks and shortly later is when SW flight window opens. So, that gives us a little bit of time for inventory to shift around. Hoping.
And this is why I will never use a TA. No matter how good they are, when a hot offer drops they'll never be able to get what every client wants. On my own I am looking out for just my family. I did not get free dining this morning because the resort we want was not included. But I was checking just in case this morning when it dropped. These are our exact dates and both AoA and Pop were available. No sure if you had specific room requirements, but I know I saw both resorts.

If my family group is each planning & booked FD to stay for 2 weeks and my sister is hesitant to stay that long at Christmas with, by then, 5 children. Should she book the 2 weeks FD then modify to cut back dates later or will that take away the FD? Don’t want her to miss out if she decides to go for the 2 weeks.

Thank you so much for all of the great information on this thread! I was up at 3:00 am like many of you, and was excited to see the offer drop a couple of hours later. Bummer for me that I needed earlier dates in August. Luckily several wonderful people posted a link for the Disney Visa offer! I wasn't able to get through online before work, but called on my lunch break, and was able to get ASMu family suite for our family of 5 for 8/11-8/16!! I am super excited! My 3 DDs (22 year old twins, and a 21 y.o) are especially happy. I told them that we would pay for their food on this trip, but if they wanted alcoholic beverages, they needed to pay for those themselves. Now we can all enjoy a cocktail with our meals!

What a nightmare of a day. Got up at 5:30 am and tried getting a RO discount for POR in September.
We already had a reservation for Garden View room at POR.
Only room type coming up online was a Royal room, which is the most expensive room type.
Tried calling starting at 7:00 am but no luck.
Kept trying to get RO discount throughout the day online. Finally was able to get Garden View discount but had to add an extra day to my trip. For some reason when I put in the 7 days of our trip no rooms were available but as soon as I added a day, all room types opened up. So I booked another reservation. I then called to try to get room discount applied to my original reservation for 7 nights. Waited one hour and woman said it shouldn’t be a problem and then put me on hold.
She comes back on and says that for POR only they require an 8 night stay for Enchanted Escape package !
I said it says only a 3 night stay is required on the Disney website.
She wouldn’t give me the discount.
What a joke !

Last edited:
I don't think anyone ever answered your question. You CAN just share with her at a la carte places, but then you will have child TS credits to use somewhere. Once all your QS credits are gone, you could use her leftover TS for QS meals. You cannot use her TS credits for adult TS meals.

Also, in case you haven't seen, many are saying there is free dining availability at the All Stars for your dates. Go look!

Just a thought and i'm not sure how old your daughter is, Have you considered showing your daughter as a Disney adult, paying a little extra for her and then you would have all adult TS. Share with your daughter at all restaurants except buffets and book a couple of signatures, maybe Cinderella's royal table?? We have done this a couple of times when we take our grandkids and it worked wonderful! We always share, but this allowed us to go to CRT and LeCellier and the difference was minimal.

Since you’re a pop expert, question about the lake view rooms. They look nice but I noticed of designated smoking areas along that pathway. Is that ever a problem? How bad is the walk from lake view to main dining hall? I’ve never been to pop before and looking forward to it but was really hoping for preferred room after the long long walks around the CSR pond.....
another pop expert here..we have stayed in the Lakeview rooms at Pop yearly past 5 yrs...smoking section separated enough it is a non issue(path by the lake where smoking is..is very separate from sidewalks by hotel) walk to main building 3 minutes from 60's section. Good luck!

I feel bummed for those having difficulties getting a good package, the last couple of years the offer has really been cut back IMO but, I also noticed at first that immediate availability was very limited like today after a week or even several weeks later more options came available, so just keep looking just keep looking just keep looking!!!!!

Pop Warner is Dec 1-7 so you are good.
Yes they are supposed to be all done I think by June. Looking forward to the renovated rooms, hope they work well and aren't too cramped. The two queens plus my daughter's wheel chair hopefully will work.
I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms last Sept/Oct with my mom who was using an electric wheelchair. The room was tight but doable. The hardest thing was parking it in a place it could be charged. Just watch out walking to the restroom at night.

We had booked a bounce back last year for CBR but thanks to this thread I found out we could get AKL for a very similar amount. I booked a whole new offer today for a standard room, but decided later this afternoon to try for a Villa instead. I just kept trying and it finally came through!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter