• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Western Caribbean Fantasy Cruise! (with WDW thrown in)

WvT3rd

No stress, so I don't quack up!
Hi -

My name's Walt, and welcome to my trip report. This is usually a day by day account of my trip, and I've posted previous trips on the site as well. Just search for WvT3rd and you should be able to find them.

This will be my 7th cruise, 2nd with DGF, and we're leaving our California base really really early the morning of Feb. 2nd to drive to SFO (San Francisco) where we'll be taking Southwest Airlines (you know they love to fly? And it shows...) to Orlando via San Diego.
Now, I've been a DVC member since about 2005, and my DGF (Laura) become one at the end of our last cruise - Northern Europe back in 2015.

This is my first time on the Fantasy, so I'm really excited about being able to explore a new ship, and I hear we're having a Star Wars Day. So may the Force be with us on our journey!

wdw2016325605289850_11.jpeg

So, everyone neat and pretty? Let's hope for smooth sailing ahead as get this vacation started!
(Btw, I'm the one on the right in the pic above).

Great! We are doing the same itinerary in march so I'm excited to read about your trip!

Waiting for the cruise line desk to open @ Saratoga Spings so we can check in for the transport to Canaveral. Thought I would tell you about the past two days.

Started early on the 2nd. Up at 4am to be ready for the car that will drive us to the airport. As we're gone for two weeks it's cheaper for us to hire a car for transport than park at the airport.

Get to the airport in plenty of time. Check in at Southwest and head through security....where for the first time the machine detects the metal plate and pins that's holding my right ankle together. Which have been there for 20 years. Not a problem, really, and we board and take off for leg one of our trip on time.

For some reason, Southwest seems to be the only airline I can fall asleep while flying in. So I fall asleep until we reach San Diego ( We started from San Francisco) change gates, and board the next flight that will take us to Orlando. I immediately fall back asleep... Waking up as we begin our descent. Apparently I miss the part when we were delayed in San Diego, because we're about an hour late. Again, not a problem, it's only 7 pm so Disney will be picking up the luggage and delivering it to our room. Find the magical express and get to Saratoga Springs. Dine at the Artist Pallette and get to our room. 7701 in the Carousel section. Luggage arrives at 11pm. End of day one!

Tomorrow; Magic Kingdom.

Hey there fellow DVC'er! Can't wait to hear about the cruise! We're doing on in July, and I'm soooo jealous that you get a Star Wars day at sea!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter