2017 Marathon Weekend Photo Question

ownedby3labs

Earning My Ears
Hi there , I am sure this is probably a stupid question , but I just wanted to check. If we purchase the Disney Memory Maker, will it work for the Run photos too?
Thanks!

To elaborate more on what happens with runDisney photopass...

When you log into PhotoPass on your MDE account, you see all of your pictures there as usual. In the parks they use your Magic Band or the photographer will scan a card to give it to you - you then input the number on the back of the card into your account and your pics show up.

runDisney photopass is a lot like using one of those cards - your Magic Band is NOT used, it's all about your bib number. When we get the event guide, there will be a 16-digit code printed that corresponds to each race and x where our bib number will need to be added in. For the Disneyland Half, for example, it was 2016-LAND-HLFx-xxxx. So if my bib number was 15607, I'd go into my PhotoPass area of My Disney Experience and put in 2016-LAND-HLF1-5607. If you have a bib number less than 5 digits, you add a zero/zeroes in front (so bib number 4567 would be 2016-LAND-HLF0-4567, bibs number 1 would be 2016-LAND-HLF0-0001). There are no special codes for the challenges, so if you're doing a challenge you'd input the code for each separate race (i.e. a Goofy runner will have a code for both the half marathon and marathon - there's no Goofy code).

It did take a bit for the pictures to actually pop up after Tink this year...it wasn't instantaneous, but I was happy with the number and quality of pictures I got from runDisney. Light years better than MarathonFoto. Just make sure your bib number is very visible, because if it's not, there's no way to link up your pictures.

To elaborate more on what happens with runDisney photopass...

When you log into PhotoPass on your MDE account, you see all of your pictures there as usual. In the parks they use your Magic Band or the photographer will scan a card to give it to you - you then input the number on the back of the card into your account and your pics show up.

runDisney photopass is a lot like using one of those cards - your Magic Band is NOT used, it's all about your bib number. When we get the event guide, there will be a 16-digit code printed that corresponds to each race and x where our bib number will need to be added in. For the Disneyland Half, for example, it was 2016-LAND-HLFx-xxxx. So if my bib number was 15607, I'd go into my PhotoPass area of My Disney Experience and put in 2016-LAND-HLF1-5607. If you have a bib number less than 5 digits, you add a zero/zeroes in front (so bib number 4567 would be 2016-LAND-HLF0-4567, bibs number 1 would be 2016-LAND-HLF0-0001). There are no special codes for the challenges, so if you're doing a challenge you'd input the code for each separate race (i.e. a Goofy runner will have a code for both the half marathon and marathon - there's no Goofy code).

It did take a bit for the pictures to actually pop up after Tink this year...it wasn't instantaneous, but I was happy with the number and quality of pictures I got from runDisney. Light years better than MarathonFoto. Just make sure your bib number is very visible, because if it's not, there's no way to link up your pictures.
Can I use your explanation in the RunDisney FAQ?

It does take awhile for them to show up as they manually go through and link bin number to photopass number (or at least after Dark Side delays I was told it was manual).

@rteetz codes seem to be listed in the "Post Race" section of the event guide. I had trouble finding it and there's no search option with the new way they do the online guides...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter