• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Holidays at Disney World: What's New & What's Returning

Does that mean the castle light up and the christmas tree at MK won't be up until Nov 9?

Last year went right after halloween and the next couple of days the tree and frozen event was going on?

What exactly is the source of this rumor? I saw the wdwinfo article and that doesn't even mention an actual source and only mentions Disneyland.

I believe their going off by this time last year it had already been announced and there had been signs/promos for it, but no sign of anything yet.

I believe their going off by this time last year it had already been announced and there had been signs/promos for it, but no sign of anything yet.

@MaC410

Honestly, I think Irma pushed a lot back. Anyone know if Jungle Cruise is back up and running? I'd assume they're still assessing damage and fixing things, then there will be an announcement.

I have a couple of questions to help plan for my short holiday trip. First, would the Jingle Cruise be more fun during the day or at night? Second, I don't have a lot of time but I'd like to see some resort decorations. Which do you think will be more festive--Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Thanks!

Something has gone boogily woogily with my ability to quote so bear with my
^^^^^

I've heard from a traditional POV Wilderness Lodge is one of the best decorated resort hotels possibly only surpassed by the Grand Floridian.

No idea about the Jingle Cruise.

I have a couple of questions to help plan for my short holiday trip. First, would the Jingle Cruise be more fun during the day or at night? Second, I don't have a lot of time but I'd like to see some resort decorations. Which do you think will be more festive--Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Thanks!

We've done Jingle Cruise both day and night. We prefer night, or when it's darker, at least, for some of the holiday lights to be lit up. There are lights shining on the displays as well, so you get the best of both worlds. (Regular and lit decor.)

PlutoTheDog89, thanks so much for starting this thread! Great place for all the holiday info!

Thanks, but now that DL has canceled theirs, I suspect MK's won't be far behind. :(

I'm wondering what age group the Chip and Dale Christmas Ornament Hunt will be best geared toward. I realize it's new this year, but I'm wondering if anyone has done the Easter Egg Hunt or Ratatouille version that can offer some insight. Thanks for starting this thread PlutoTheDog89!

I'm wondering what age group the Chip and Dale Christmas Ornament Hunt will be best geared toward. I realize it's new this year, but I'm wondering if anyone has done the Easter Egg Hunt or Ratatouille version that can offer some insight. Thanks for starting this thread PlutoTheDog89!

I'm 47 and I'm so doing the Chip & Dale Ornament Hunt....LOLOLOL....

The frozen holiday wish...is that every night? Or only party nights? Generally what time is that if its every night?

Waiting to hear info about this as well. We were all set to see it on the last night of our trip this past January (one of the final nights it was showing) and it was cancelled due to high winds. Hoping to catch it this time around!

I was there that same night. It was both cold and windy.

No drone show?
The Intel drone show is on the Disney Springs schedule:
  • Holidays at Disney Springs: November 11-January 8
    • Snowflake & Toy Soldier Stilt Walkers Roaming throughout Disney Springs 6:00pm-10:00pm
    • Holiday Carolers in the Marketplace 6:00pm-10:00pm
    • Meet Santa at his Chalet in the Marketplace across from Ghirardelli 12:00pm-10:00pm(thru December 24)
    • Meet Santa Goofy at the Santa Chalet in the Marketplace across from Ghirardelli 12:00pm-10:00pm(December 25-30)
    • Starbright Holidays - An Intel Collaboration at 7:00 & 8:30pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter