2017 Hawai'i F&WF Teriyaki Glazed Spam

GDUL

DIS Veteran
I been searching for the Teriyaki-glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers, Onions and Spicy Mayonnaise recipe from last year's Hawai'i booth but can't find it anywhere. I was hoping that someone may have it. My apologies if this is the wrong forum! Thanks in advance!

I have no recipe, but that was hands down, the best thing I ate on my last trip!!!

The recipe is in the 2017 F&W Festival cookbook titled Food and Wine Festivals Coast to Coast by Pam Brandon and the Disney Chefs. The Cooking forum further down on this board and allears both have extensive collections of recipes so possibly someone has posted it there. If not, I can post it here later.

The recipe is in the 2017 F&W Festival cookbook titled Food and Wine Festivals Coast to Coast by Pam Brandon and the Disney Chefs. The Cooking forum further down on this board and allears both have extensive collections of recipes so possibly someone has posted it there. If not, I can post it here later.

Thank you for the suggestion! I checked the cooking forum along with other websites but could not find the recipe. If you have time in the future, if you could post it I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

From the Disney Food and Wine Festivals Coast to Coast Cookbook by Pam Brandon and the Disney Chefs, pages 86-87. I haven't tried the recipe so I don't know how closely it tastes or looks like the F&W offering. Also, it did not include a recipe for the teriyaki sauce.

Teriyaki-Glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers and Onions with a Spicy Mayonnaise

Ingredients
2 tablespoons canola oil
4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
1 medium onion, medium diced
1 red bell pepper, medium diced
1 green pepper, medium diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
12-ounce can SPAM®, cubed in bite-size pieces
¾ to 1 cup teriyaki sauce

Spicy mayonnaise. Combine in a small bowl:
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Sriracha

For Hash:
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add potatoes, tossing in oil. Cover skillet and cook until potatoes are softened, about 10 minutes. Uncover skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add onion, peppers and garlic. Cook,, stirring a few times, until potatoes are golden, about 10 minutes more.

2. Add SPAM® and cook until edges begin to crisp, about 5 minutes.

3. Stir in teriyaki sauce. Serve hot with a drizzle of spicy mayonnaise.

Serves 4 - 6.

From the Disney Food and Wine Festivals Coast to Coast Cookbook by Pam Brandon and the Disney Chefs, pages 86-87. I haven't tried the recipe so I don't know how closely it tastes or looks like the F&W offering. Also, it did not include a recipe for the teriyaki sauce.

Teriyaki-Glazed SPAM® Hash with Potatoes, Peppers and Onions with a Spicy Mayonnaise

Ingredients
2 tablespoons canola oil
4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
1 medium onion, medium diced
1 red bell pepper, medium diced
1 green pepper, medium diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
12-ounce can SPAM®, cubed in bite-size pieces
¾ to 1 cup teriyaki sauce

Spicy mayonnaise. Combine in a small bowl:
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Sriracha

For Hash:
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add potatoes, tossing in oil. Cover skillet and cook until potatoes are softened, about 10 minutes. Uncover skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add onion, peppers and garlic. Cook,, stirring a few times, until potatoes are golden, about 10 minutes more.

2. Add SPAM® and cook until edges begin to crisp, about 5 minutes.

3. Stir in teriyaki sauce. Serve hot with a drizzle of spicy mayonnaise.

Serves 4 - 6.

Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to post this!

Gary

Spam in general is just plain nasty! However, the way it was cooked and presented was amazing! It was like a train wreck, you knew you should look away, but you had to look or taste in this case. And it was well worth trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter