2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

The glass slipper medal looks like it spins. It's a SPINNING MEDAL. OMG.

Let's see how I did on guesses:
5k: Maybe the rose in the glass, so it has the shape of that? It sort of reminds me of what the Captain America medal looked like, but reversed. (Would love it to be Gaston themed, but I'm not holding my breath - LOL, I would DIE of happiness if it was though!)
10k: Agree, will be the rose. Maybe a red ribbon to reflect the rose.
Half: Yellow stone. Blue or Yellow ribbon.
Glass Slipper: Yellow shading for sure, maybe a red or yellow ribbon.

5K: Totally wrong. But I'm glad its used in some way.
10k: Got the rose right, but the ribbon is blue with Belle on it. Not too shabby. LOVE this one. Enchanted 10K with the Enchanted Rose. LOVE IT.
Half: Totally wrong again.
Glass Slipper: Got the red stone but another blue ribbon.

Man, I was so wrong. :laughing: But I like these a lot.

I'm thinking the 5K will be a pink shirt; 10K will be the blue shirt; and the half will be burgundy. With the challenge shirt a darker blue.

They are sooo pretty! I'm kicking myself for not signing up for the 5k...that medal is sooo cute! Is the GSC medal a spinner medal? I like it but it looks kinda plain, compared to the rest. I'm sooo happy I signed up this year!

Gonna play @courtneybeth game...

I was too wish-washy to commit so I'd say I was half-right for each of them :rotfl2:...but mostly off with the half marathon medal (thought there was no way they'd do a re-design until 2018), except for thinking there would be a rose. Didn't see a spinner coming for GSC as all. The level of detail on the 10K medal is a pleasant surprise.

Kids race: I'm gonna say...Lumiere/Cogsworth or Chip/Mrs. Potts, rubber and adorable as usual
5K: ???!?!?!? But it'll be METAL so woohoo! Maybe Lumiere/Cogsworth or Chip/Mrs. Potts (so yeah, being lazy and saying same guess as kids races)
10K: Same as last year but with rose instead of a seashell
Half Marathon: Same as last year with different-colored stones
Glass Slipper Challenge: Same as last year but not with the green shading - some other color shading?

They are sooo pretty! I'm kicking myself for not signing up for the 5k...that medal is sooo cute! Is the GSC medal a spinner medal? I like it but it looks kinda plain, compared to the rest. I'm sooo happy I signed up this year!
Yes - the words on one side and the actual slipper on the other side.

@Ariel484 - Now it's time for us to be 100% wrong on the shirt color and Dooney Bag designs. I cannot wait to see these!!!
Ooooooh okay, here are my 100% wrong guesses for shirt colors! :rotfl2:

Kids: Light blue
5K: Purple
10K: Maroon
Half: yellow
GSC: Grey

Dooney: This one is tricky...they just did a BaTB-inspired Dooney, so I'm not sure they would do that again so soon? I really hope they don't use that same design and put it on difference silhouettes...:confused3 I'm thinking it'll have all of the princesses on it, that's as far as I get with guessing.

Gosh that picture of all of them together is really awful, haha. Couldn't find better lighting, runDisney? :upsidedow So much glare!

I think that's what my issue is with it. the glare is making it look flat and one dimensional. I'm sure it'll look gorgeous when I finally get it. I truly do like it, but for right now theres something a little off and I think its throwing me off.

I think that's what my issue is with it. the glare is making it look flat and one dimensional. I'm sure it'll look gorgeous when I finally get it. I truly do like it, but for right now theres something a little off and I think its throwing me off.
I could totally see that.

Am I the only one that is totally disappointed? I hate the medal for the half. Hate it. Could cry now.

Am I the only one that is totally disappointed? I hate the medal for the half. Hate it. Could cry now.

I like all of them but am a bit disappointed in the half. I really think it could have worked better for the 5K. I love the idea of the Enchanted Rose for the Enchanted 10K, but the half medal from what we've seen looks a bit clunky.

That said: we haven't seen it in person and we've only seen two photos of it. It could be MUCH more amazing in person - so I'm reserving judgment until I see it with my own two eyes.

Oh my gosh! I can't even express how excited I am about the half medal. And now I'm kind of jealous that I won't get the 5k medal, but it's the enchanted rose!!! This is way better than I expected, which was a generic Princess Half medal with the ribbon or something being kind of themes. Wow!

I wish I could be excited about it. I'm super excited about the Beauty and the Beast theme, but not the medal. I have dreamed of doing the Princess and getting a tiara medal for years. I'm finally running the race, and the medal looks like a gold bell.

It's killing me not to peek! I hate surprises but I'm holding out! We'll see how long! Lol! Anyone talk about their outfits yet?

I think the half medal is AWFUL!
As one who has every other medal this just does not work with the others.
Very sad at the redesign.
I was going to stop after the 5th year as they had change the weekend, it used to be in March, but then decided to run the Challenge on the sixth year and then my son wanted to do it with me so now it was 7 and then last year I just worked hard to get my first sub two hour half. I have no motivation this year and the medal has not inspired me.
My daughter wants to do the 10th year with me, she ran the first, third and fourth, and I feel pretty certain I will call it quits for Disney after that.

Anyone talk about their outfits yet?

I'm definitely using my Princess Hulk (Avengers) and Little Mermaid (Disneyland Half) race outfits again. Now I think I'm going to bite the bullet and dress up in some form of Belle outfit for the half. I know it's horribly cliche and like wearing a tshirt of the band you're seeing at a concert, but I think with the half medal the yellow will balance out the red nicely.

Will probably be some version of a Raw Threads running tank and a skirt, with some shorts underneath. Ready to run this 22.4 miles.

I'm definitely using my Princess Hulk (Avengers) and Little Mermaid (Disneyland Half) race outfits again. Now I think I'm going to bite the bullet and dress up in some form of Belle outfit for the half. I know it's horribly cliche and like wearing a tshirt of the band you're seeing at a concert, but I think with the half medal the yellow will balance out the red nicely.

Will probably be some version of a Raw Threads running tank and a skirt, with some shorts underneath. Ready to run this 22.4 miles.
Awesome! I agree with re-wearing skirts! They are pricey! I have a tickled pink and mermaid sparkle skirt for two of the three. I may go the "belle" route as well. As for shirts, tanks and maybe represents some villains?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter